Pages:
Author

Topic: India may ban Bitcoin - page 12. (Read 24792 times)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
September 09, 2017, 12:33:38 AM
A modification of a post I made earlier... too lazy to type again  Roll Eyes

There is no way to tie an identity to a bitcoin address. I can generate a million bitcoin address and send how much ever I want to all of them. Suppose a law comes out that bitcoins possessed by Indian citizens should be declared and taxes must be paid for possessing them... or suppose another law stating that if you are found in possession of bitcoins, you will be jailed / fined, etc. As absurd as it is, there is no "Indian" bitcoin address that is "mine" like how I can say about my bank account. A person can send bitcoins to ten different addresses. It can all come to me or it can come to ten different people. There is no way to identify who owns a bitcoin address. They don't reside in my computer or my or in my possession physically. Anyone possessing the private key of an address owns those bitcoins. Anyone in the world can have the private key to my wallet (if I choose to give them / get hacked). There is no way for a govt to figure that out. For banning for work, centralization is mandatory. A law that cannot be enforced is not a law. It is wishful thinking at most. Hence I think a law cannot come into effect like you are saying.

At most there can be a law forcing Indian exchanges to reveal the withdrawal addresses of their customers. But then what? Its transferred to another address... could be another address of mine... or it could be Bittrex or Kraken. By some magic, they were able to confirm that it was indeed a Bittrex account... and what... the Indian govt stating the new Indian law and demanding they confirm the identity of the account holder? Watch out for that big middle finger! You see where its going? At some point the Governments across the world will need to unite and become a centralized "authority", kinda like the UN for anything like that to happen. Even then all it takes to shatter that foundation is one country to make a killing by announcing "Hey, come over here and open your exchange here. I don't have any ties with the other networked countries".

So you see, the scenario you are talking cannot happen even if India was under military rule, simply because the law cannot be enforced. Its like saying all the people who like Salman Khan will be taxed. How on earth is a law like that going to get enforced? Just because I purchased the ticket does not mean I watched the movie. Just because I watched the movie does not mean I like the idiot. At most they can ban his movies (please do!), just like they can ban the operation of bitcoin exchanges operating inside India. But they cannot ban someone possessing bitcoins. Banning the exchanges will simply lead to a very lucrative black market for the commodity in India. People will rush to Indians to fill that price gap in approximately 3 seconds. Throughout history, anything that was banned, shoots up in market value, not down.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
September 08, 2017, 06:26:44 AM
World's largest bitcoin wallet has entered a strategic partnership with Unocoin. Does that mean we will be easily able to buy crypto coins from indian cards?
https://news.unocoin.com/
Activity: 812
Merit: 142
September 08, 2017, 01:32:37 AM
They may ban bitcoin and exchanges may have to close down but use of Bitcoin will still continue. They can't stop Bitcoin.

Why will bitcoin still continue when the ban may be in place just if the govt decided to do? And inspite of banning if you trade then it is illegal so then be ready for the action as per the laws in place. Certainly their will be 90% of the trades may be closed and only few people may want to do illegal activities.

Activity: 434
Merit: 103
September 07, 2017, 10:09:49 PM

But how much real news it is dont known because it is not from the reputed source of media.
Activity: 485
Merit: 250
September 06, 2017, 01:41:52 PM
They may ban bitcoin and exchanges may have to close down but use of Bitcoin will still continue. They can't stop Bitcoin.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
September 06, 2017, 01:29:19 PM
Well its getting more scary now as Central bank of India have has informed a parliamentary panel on virtual currencies that bitcoin and digital currencies are “susceptible to misuse”. As per them it also have benefits but as its not that easily traceable so misuse can happen easily. Will this change the decision of govt is need to wait and watch. Read the full article in the below link.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-prone-misuse-indias-central-bank-tells-virtual-currency-committee/

After reading the entire content, I believe there won't be a ban in place.Since if they wanted to ban it they would have done that in the first place rather than setting up a committee and ask for a suggestion.They feel that technology like this have some high advantages and want to make use of it and also regulate to get tax and also have an eye on the money launders.

They cannot ban at first place before actually finding out merits an demerits. Since now they have setup  committed so they have the reports and finding and based on that if people object also why are you banning this currencies they can easily say that they had setup committee to study and form their finding it could be easily misused which could be a major threat. So actually now its very easy for them to ban. Hope so it does not happen like this.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
September 06, 2017, 11:22:05 AM
Well its getting more scary now as Central bank of India have has informed a parliamentary panel on virtual currencies that bitcoin and digital currencies are “susceptible to misuse”. As per them it also have benefits but as its not that easily traceable so misuse can happen easily. Will this change the decision of govt is need to wait and watch. Read the full article in the below link.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-prone-misuse-indias-central-bank-tells-virtual-currency-committee/

After reading the entire content, I believe there won't be a ban in place.Since if they wanted to ban it they would have done that in the first place rather than setting up a committee and ask for a suggestion.They feel that technology like this have some high advantages and want to make use of it and also regulate to get tax and also have an eye on the money launders.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
September 06, 2017, 08:43:20 AM

Activity: 16
September 05, 2017, 03:50:59 AM
Why India ban bitcoin? this is good!  it can be developed for future.
lack of knowledge and awareness doing the damage, not bitcoin!
Tell the reasons why bitcoin is good for Indians ?

1. No Trace : Good for politician and block money
2. No governance : MLM company  and chitfund companies will do fraud with it
3. No Trust : Seller take your bitcoin and never deliver the product or you have to use escorw services which again take fees like paypal etc
4. Mining : No average user is able to mine it now

Thanks

most of the politicians in india are illiterate..
most of them having cases pending in court.

bitcoins wont benefit them, but for the masses it will be good..

most of the politicians in india are illiterate.. --> Thats y they have there money in swis banks , how is it possible ?

People are doing scam in the name of paytm , credit card and now with bitcoin , to really make use of bit coin in indian will atleast take 5+ year not less than that because there is no trust between people which bitcoin lacks.

Even people do not want to use simple paytm app how they will use bitcoin and serve you tea of rs 10 ?  yes may be CCD will accept bitcoin but how many of us go there ?

Thanks

China tried to their extreme best to block Bitcoin and they coudn't do it. They finally have to accept it and now they are holding the largest chunk of cryptocurrency and world leaders in mining equipment. They understood that if u can't control bitcoin then better to adopt them for their best.

Now we have a Govt. which is too stupid to understand the concept of Bitcoin.
Activity: 92
Merit: 1
September 04, 2017, 05:11:46 AM

3. No Trust : Seller take your bitcoin and never deliver the product or you have to use escorw services which again take fees like paypal etc

Thanks

most of the politicians in india are illiterate.. --> Thats y they have there money in swis banks , how is it possible ?

People are doing scam in the name of paytm , credit card and now with bitcoin , to really make use of bit coin in indian will atleast take 5+ year not less than that because there is no trust between people which bitcoin lacks.

Even people do not want to use simple paytm app how they will use bitcoin and serve you tea of rs 10 ?  yes may be CCD will accept bitcoin but how many of us go there ?

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
September 03, 2017, 04:21:46 PM

Thanks

September 02, 2017, 01:54:45 AM
Six months ago supreme court declared that bitcoin is not illegal.

Hi,

I think you are just trying to increase your post count without posting any source of information

https://news.bitcoin.com/india-supreme-court-bitcoin-legalization-taxation/

Thanks
Activity: 83
Merit: 12
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 01, 2017, 08:18:35 PM
Six months ago supreme court declared that bitcoin is not illegal.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
September 01, 2017, 04:22:33 PM
Banning or legalizing bitcoin in India needs lot of things to take into consideration. Let us hope with some taxation they can discourage use of it
Activity: 220
Merit: 101
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
August 31, 2017, 11:36:05 AM
A complete ban is not possible Grin this is India, people find Jugaad easily.  Wink Cheesy

Better they just legalize it and earn some tax and revenue.  Tongue
August 31, 2017, 05:48:18 AM
India is pretty clever with what it bans: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/india-delhi-bans-disposable-plastic-single-use-a7545541.html

And I don't think they are being ignorant, but dealing with a national issue for their own country - if you think about it they are ahead of the game - but bitcoin is like the internet - border-less and infinite, there will always be conflicts - but it won't stop it Smiley

Its not about stopping , paypal is allowed too in india but with restriction and large fee make it unusable for freelancers.

Thanks
Activity: 28
August 30, 2017, 08:35:43 AM
POST REMOVED
August 30, 2017, 08:17:31 AM

Thanks

There is no lack of knowledge , one who is using this forum should not have lack of knowledge at-least

There is no way government is going to legalize it , no government is going to legalize it because bitcoin is widely used to hide blackmoney and ransomeware

Government will legalize the use of blockchain but not bitcoin , Before bitcoin in year 2007 paypal is legalize with attachment of PAN and withdraw funds in a week after receiving it and you cannot spent via paypal what you received (That Time Congress is ruling)

Now with  Mr Modi with strict hand to hand with Black money 99% no legalization of bitcoin .

Thanks
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
August 30, 2017, 07:24:32 AM
Some say gov will ban and others say gov will legalise ..Let's ses
Most chances Government will ban because they are not feeling good with this and have many reasons to ban but on other hand if they legalize then this can create many opportunities for many youths and developers to create digital way in India
Activity: 31
August 30, 2017, 07:08:55 AM
Some say gov will ban and others say gov will legalise ..Let's ses
Pages:
Jump to: