Pages:
Author

Topic: Indian Government considering official crypto currency codenamed "Lakshmi" - page 2. (Read 1523 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010
ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀
Is there any official statement about this.?
As far as I know Lakshmi project is about implementing blockchain in our regular life. Let's see what they have planned to do.
Activity: 756
Merit: 103
The Central government is considering a proposal to introduce its cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin.

Sources close to the development said that the proposal was discussed by a committee of government officials, and the panel found the idea of setting up and running blockchain for financial services useful.

Whenever the decision is taken, the cryptocurrency will fall in the domain of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and some Acts such as the Currency Act might have to be amended. Hence, this will be a time-consuming process.

I dont understand how can they create a so called regulated cryptocurrency? If a cryptocurrency is regulated it loses a big trait of crypto that is the independence. Moreover India is still an developing economy. Many people still dont have phones or PC. Its a long way to go for this currency.
They do what they want and no one cannot stop them since they are cheer leaders to scam people. I am looking for the next elections how do they circulate the money?
They even don't distribute cellphones to poor people that's a way to make money.
Activity: 728
Merit: 275
The Central government is considering a proposal to introduce its cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin.

Sources close to the development said that the proposal was discussed by a committee of government officials, and the panel found the idea of setting up and running blockchain for financial services useful.

Whenever the decision is taken, the cryptocurrency will fall in the domain of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and some Acts such as the Currency Act might have to be amended. Hence, this will be a time-consuming process.

I dont understand how can they create a so called regulated cryptocurrency? If a cryptocurrency is regulated it loses a big trait of crypto that is the independence. Moreover India is still an developing economy. Many people still dont have phones or PC. Its a long way to go for this currency.
Activity: 896
Merit: 505
I think "lakshmi" project was something else not related to blockchain technology at all and its ideas was long ago proposed in financial meetings in government departments.and RBI will not allow any such project ,there are still not approving usage of blockchain technology to secure their data.
You got it confused with something else,this is a new project still in r&d,it will run on blockchain for banks and other sectors
now i have heard it ,there are rumour about it but there is no report regarding it,it started recently when RBI head attended a blockchain conference in Delhi but it is very difficult to initialise such project and if government give permission to such project then it will digital currency similar to other digital currency ,fixed price not virtual currency .
Activity: 756
Merit: 103
Nice to hear, as India is taking some steps against Cryptocurrency for digital Indians. The Lakshmi word is really good might make profits to most Indians. Hoping to hear some more good news in future for investments.
Activity: 420
Merit: 102
Should this be considered as an positive side to look that India is atleast realising  the importance of this technology and does not want to stay behind so might introduced thier own coin.

Or should this be seen in this way that introducing thier own coin means they may put a ban on all other coins in India and those interested may use this coin only .
It should be taken  in neutral to negative range.
The government agrees that blockchain potential is huge but at the same time are not convinced by bitcoin
I think "lakshmi" project was something else not related to blockchain technology at all and its ideas was long ago proposed in financial meetings in government departments.and RBI will not allow any such project ,there are still not approving usage of blockchain technology to secure their data.
You got it confused with something else,this is a new project still in r&d,it will run on blockchain for banks and other sectors
Activity: 896
Merit: 505
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
Should this be considered as an positive side to look that India is atleast realising  the importance of this technology and does not want to stay behind so might introduced thier own coin.

Or should this be seen in this way that introducing thier own coin means they may put a ban on all other coins in India and those interested may use this coin only .

Pages:
Jump to: