Pages:
Author

Topic: Indian Govt Planning Ban on Crypto - page 3. (Read 741 times)

Activity: 169
Merit: 18
April 29, 2019, 09:37:34 AM
It is fud. We are in mid of election and nobody know right now who is going to form government.
But on side note, if you just have crypto as only source of income then time to find other ventures.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
April 29, 2019, 07:52:00 AM
Banning doesn't means you can't hold crypto, it will means you will not trade anyhow in India. So there will be option, you will have to sell your crypto out of India and take funds from wire WU/MG and pay tax for those amounts. It's not that hard to selling your crypto even govt. impose ban.

What I think there won't be any ban, it's just rumor, last I heard Govt. panel were setting rule for crypto. So just chill, and there won't be any directive about crypto until election over. So you have more than month to sell your crypto if you are really worry.

So you mean that if you have a foreign bank account (that allows crypto withdrawals) and you sell your crypto currency via that bank account and then transfer it to your Indian bank account? Will that still be considered legal?
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064
April 28, 2019, 04:14:36 PM
No clue on what's going to happen but looks like with the current Government, cryptos would be possible banned or may be restricted till the case is still pending in the court. They kept delaying in regulating the currency because they did not want to regulate it. Postponing the case was just an excuse.
I think ban in inevitable.Now the questio is how will we liquidate our crypto assets.Should we abondon them?Disclosing it may lead to us in jail  Grin

Banning doesn't means you can't hold crypto, it will means you will not trade anyhow in India. So there will be option, you will have to sell your crypto out of India and take funds from wire WU/MG and pay tax for those amounts. It's not that hard to selling your crypto even govt. impose ban.

What I think there won't be any ban, it's just rumor, last I heard Govt. panel were setting rule for crypto. So just chill, and there won't be any directive about crypto until election over. So you have more than month to sell your crypto if you are really worry.
legendary
Merit: 1026
Hire me for Bounty Management
April 26, 2019, 06:13:38 PM
No clue on what's going to happen but looks like with the current Government, cryptos would be possible banned or may be restricted till the case is still pending in the court. They kept delaying in regulating the currency because they did not want to regulate it. Postponing the case was just an excuse.
I think ban in inevitable.Now the questio is how will we liquidate our crypto assets.Should we abondon them?Disclosing it may lead to us in jail  Grin

Let them be banned first. Many countries have banned cryptos and then lifted the ban like Russia. 
Yes lets hope they dont ban it in the first place  Wink
legendary
April 26, 2019, 12:11:56 PM

Let them be banned first. Many countries have banned cryptos and then lifted the ban like Russia. 
legendary
April 26, 2019, 09:03:49 AM
legendary
April 26, 2019, 08:38:08 AM
legendary
April 26, 2019, 08:00:17 AM
A committee under the Indian Government has drafted a bill the “Banning of Cryptocurrencies and Regulation of Official Digital Currencies Bill 2019” which seeks to ban cryptocurrency transactions within the country entirely. Reportedly, discussions and consultations on the draft bill are being held between the various portfolios of the Government.

https://www.coingape.com/indian-lawmakers-call-ban-bitcoin-cryptocurrency/amp/
Pages:
Jump to: