Pages:
Author

Topic: India’s Blockchain Coffee Platform Onboards 30,000 Farmers - page 2. (Read 236 times)

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1035
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins
India is renown for its agricultural power and like it or not - the cheap work force. As I've always stated blockchain is a technology that can disrupt pretty much all the industries out there and I want to salute the CBoI for taking the leap and implement the tech. Hopefully the results will be compelling enough to lead by example and influence other companies and countries. I love coffee and if you combine it with blockchain and maybe even cryptocurrencies soon - then you'll make an excelent combination Cheesy
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs

The Indian government’s blockchain platform for tracking coffee has seen significant adoption. Over 30,000 coffee farmers have signed up just a few months after the launch.

Back in March this year, the Coffee Board of India (CBoI) partnered with software company Eka Software Solutions to launch a blockchain platform. Farmers, exporters, curers, roasters, and international buyers could register on it, and trade coffee.

Read the full news here

Sounds bullish to me. You know why? When China banned Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology in their country, I knew that one day there would be a change of heart.

And it became a reality.....

Right now, China is circulating an article about Bitcoin to their citizens after planning to invest on blockchain technology implementation and they removed crypto mining from the banned list of industries in their country.

I believe that time will come for India in doing the same. They are considering a ban on Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, and anyone can be jailed if got caught or discovered buying, holding or doing crypto-related transactions.

Now that with their blockchain coffee platform, I strongly believe that “the day will come” for them to “change their heart” on how they view Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in their country.

To all India fanatics here, do you honestly believe that a “change of heart” would come in due time, starting off with this interesting news? Let me know your thoughts here.

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: