Pages:
Author

Topic: Inflation and protecting you wealth - page 5. (Read 482 times)

legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
September 21, 2021, 11:38:26 AM
- Buy stocks of listed companies.

As stock-picking may be risky, I think you should consider buying ETF (Exchange Traded Funds). They follow indexes, such as SP500, World MSCI, etc.

One of the most popular ETF is SWDA, which is a low-cost ETF  which contains about 1500 stocks of different countries over  23 developed countries in many different continents (covering 85% of companies in those countries).

It is an accumulation fund, which means that the dividends will be automatically reinvested in the ETF composition.

- Buy art.

Personally, I don't think this offer any kind of protection at all. Especially when thinking about liquidity and real use... I would never pay a lot of money in any kind of art.
Maybe I am to ignorant in that field, however.
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142
Slots Enthusiast & Expert
September 21, 2021, 11:01:26 AM
Inflation is really a pain in the ass, especially with a lot of helicopter money around the world. While BTC is a pleasant way to store your wealth, but the volatility is also a problem. If you can buy low all the time, it's great! But sometimes you have excess money when the price is not "sexy." Forcing to store your excess money in BTC in this period is a big no for me. Perhaps storing it first in gold, and then convert it into BTC when the price is "right" is a good idea.

Before Covid shit, I invest in my own business for expansion, but it's not feasible at the moment.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 402
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
September 21, 2021, 10:56:13 AM
How would you defend yourself from inflation:
- Buy bitcoin
- Buy more commodities.
- Buy REITs or real state.
- Buy art.
- ... any other?

I think Bitcoin/crypto should be the foundation for preserving value for people who are more dependent on technology. So, you can buy those things listed below Bitcoin and have lots of them preserved in Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency for the sake of decentralization and other important features of Bitcoin. Centralization is part of what's is causing the economic failures but that doesn't mean Bitcoin will solve it all. There are lots of things that need to be done which have been mentioned on this forum several times that haven't been done yet.
If people know the truth about how valuable the forum is due to what IS here which they ignorantly ignore they would start taking the ideas shared in not-too-distant past very seriously. Our time is short. Don't be caught by the storm unexpectedly, because it will happen unexpectedly especially to those who didn't prepare.

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
September 21, 2021, 10:29:53 AM
I’m personally invested in a mix of those assets, except gold and art, and kinda heavier on bitcoin(mostly because of privacy and self-sovereignty). I’d rather diversify a bit to protect myself from all sides; simply because we’re in uncharted territory economy-wise, and we can’t say for sure how bitcoin will perform in a really bad economic situation.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1598
Do not die for Putin
September 21, 2021, 09:53:30 AM
I recently listened to a discussion on which assets could actually be better to protect or even profit from inflation. This comes as most of the developed world is suffering the consequences of a soaring inflation and several pinch points in the supply chains and the international trade, such as a massive demand for freighters and severe queueing in ports.

How would you defend yourself from inflation:
- Buy bitcoin
- Buy more commodities.
- Buy REITs or real state.
- Buy art.
- ... any other?
Pages:
Jump to: