Pages:
Author

Topic: Inflation hits Russia - page 2. (Read 565 times)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 592
God is great
March 09, 2022, 04:44:05 AM
No matter how weather Russia is in gas inflation will still hit Russia  because of the sanctions giving to Russia by the  UN. If the war still continues I think inflation will still hit Russia more,  Russia is well known as a nation that is very rich in oil and gas that other countries depend on, but are still other countries that are also rich in gas which the US and other countries can make trade with. No matter  how  weathy a country economy is war will always bring it down because every sectors that generates income will surely be affected.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338
March 08, 2022, 05:41:10 PM
USDT records new all-time high against Russian ruble as inflation hits

War will always damage the economy of the affected countries, this is the 5th day of the war between Russia and Ukraine, the US, EU and generally the UN have been sanctioning Russia since the start of the Russia - Ukraine war which includes removing Russia from Swift and many other sanctions. Russia's central bank doubled key interest rates on Feb. 28, from 9.5% to 20% and USDT which is pegged to USD which has increased 30% against Russian ruble (RUR) within five days of war. Bitcoin trading volume on crypto exchanges in Ukraine spiked 200%.

This is likely the beginning of the war if it does not cease anytime soon, I am been seeing some people saying the EU needs Russia than Russia needs them, that they depend on crude oil and many mineral resources from Russia, but what is causing the inflation in Russia is because of the Russia - Ukraine war. This could be more severe if the war does not ends soon. With the look of what is going on, Russia has been planing this for years and this has led to some people killed and many left their homes.
It will be interesting to see what will happen next, personally I find the timing to declare the war weird, after all we were slowly getting out of the pandemic and it seemed as if things were slowly going back to normal, not only in our lives but also with the economy that have been suffering tremendously due to the pandemic, and then Putin choose to go to war at that moment, buy why he did so? Did he thought that if he invaded Ukraine now the sanctions would not be as bad as they are as Europe would be afraid of giving Russia heavy sanctions due to their dependence on their natural resources and the difficult economic situation they are facing? Because if that is what he thought then without a doubt he made a miscalculation there.
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
March 08, 2022, 04:39:26 PM
He knows what he is doing since he have experience in terms of going to combat but maybe he's down playing things regarding on those sanction that's why we see them suffering in some cases. But I don't think this will end up the war because it looks like this action taunt him to do more counteraction until Ukraine didn't surrender to them.
Everyone keeps saying that Putin knows what he is doing, but nobody is aware that he is a 70+ year old dictator on a power trip and trying to get whatever he wants because that is what he is used to, and more like a child crying in the middle of a supermarket calling moma I want to buy this thing and when she refuses that kid keeps on crying and disturbing everyone. That is the case here, we are not going to end up with anything special with Putin does and suddenly go "oohh that's what he was going for, now I get it, wow such a smart move".

No, he is just a dictator on a power trip trying to get away with whatever he wants, and this will keep on hurting Russians.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
March 08, 2022, 06:52:14 AM
Russia knows the consequences yet they push it through just to prove to the world that they are powerful, but it looks like they are slowly failing. The inflation will rise more, expect a more sanctions and Russian people will suffer a lot. We already heard the news about panicking in Russia, I feel sorry for them since they can’t even protest to their own government or else they’ll face charges.

IKEA announced yesterday to shut down all stores and stop all production of furniture in Russia and Belarus. As a result, there was a panic buying in IKEA stores. Similarly, other Western companies will withdraw their business from Russia. It will be a dark time for the Russians. I have read in various threads that many Russians are now betting on China, but China may be able to cushion things a bit, but certainly not prevent the collapse of the Russian economy.
I don't know what Putin was thinking when he started this big war. It was foolish to hope that the Ukrainians would simply surrender without a fight, but that seems to be exactly what Putin was hoping for. The current 150,000-strong Russian army that invaded Ukraine had a dry ration for three days. Before that, this army was dangling near the border of Ukraine in the mud for several months and now it is a hungry, tattered mass, armed with the latest weapons. True, more and more often they leave their equipment without fuel and run away, or surrender. There are already more than 2,000 captured Russians in Ukraine, and their number continues to grow.
Russia's open and absolutely brazen attack on Ukraine caused an unprecedented condemnation of the countries of Europe and the whole world, as well as the most severe sanctions. Large current inflation is flowers compared to what awaits Russia in the future.

He knows what he is doing since he have experience in terms of going to combat but maybe he's down playing things regarding on those sanction that's why we see them suffering in some cases. But I don't think this will end up the war because it looks like this action taunt him to do more counteraction until Ukraine didn't surrender to them.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 245
March 08, 2022, 06:38:39 AM
Russia knows the consequences yet they push it through just to prove to the world that they are powerful, but it looks like they are slowly failing. The inflation will rise more, expect a more sanctions and Russian people will suffer a lot. We already heard the news about panicking in Russia, I feel sorry for them since they can’t even protest to their own government or else they’ll face charges.

IKEA announced yesterday to shut down all stores and stop all production of furniture in Russia and Belarus. As a result, there was a panic buying in IKEA stores. Similarly, other Western companies will withdraw their business from Russia. It will be a dark time for the Russians. I have read in various threads that many Russians are now betting on China, but China may be able to cushion things a bit, but certainly not prevent the collapse of the Russian economy.
I don't know what Putin was thinking when he started this big war. It was foolish to hope that the Ukrainians would simply surrender without a fight, but that seems to be exactly what Putin was hoping for. The current 150,000-strong Russian army that invaded Ukraine had a dry ration for three days. Before that, this army was dangling near the border of Ukraine in the mud for several months and now it is a hungry, tattered mass, armed with the latest weapons. True, more and more often they leave their equipment without fuel and run away, or surrender. There are already more than 2,000 captured Russians in Ukraine, and their number continues to grow.
Russia's open and absolutely brazen attack on Ukraine caused an unprecedented condemnation of the countries of Europe and the whole world, as well as the most severe sanctions. Large current inflation is flowers compared to what awaits Russia in the future.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 624
March 07, 2022, 08:13:01 AM

Well, am at the other side being excited because bitcoin among other cryptos may gain full access to be legalized as a legal tender in Russia, since paypal, mastercard, visa among others have strictly adhere to the call on sanction, and it Rubble has already fall, psychologically the next available option for them is to look into cryptocurrency in other to find a way out.

It will be hasty for Russia to run under bitcoin for their transaction because that won't be the solution for their problem. They were already making plans to legalize bitcoin before the war and I think the solution is for Putin to stop the war first before he can look into the economy. If he makes bitcoin legal just immediately because of what his citizens are passing through, it won't make any sense that he did that now that fiat is not circulating in the economy.
Activity: 952
Merit: 555
March 07, 2022, 07:14:24 AM
Russians are suffering alot from the effect of the sanction placed, now that some of the world payment service providers are shutting down in Russia but allowing users to withdraw their assets signals that the only alternative it has is the use of cryptocurrency since it Rubble value is already against the USD all time low for the first time inflation will definitely spark in as a result, but is it the solution?

Well, am at the other side being excited because bitcoin among other cryptos may gain full access to be legalized as a legal tender in Russia, since paypal, mastercard, visa among others have strictly adhere to the call on sanction, and it Rubble has already fall, psychologically the next available option for them is to look into cryptocurrency in other to find a way out.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 126
March 06, 2022, 02:05:11 AM
In the current situation, most countries are sanctioning Russia’s behavior. The war has brought great disaster to innocent people. Many countries and even encryption are donating to addresses in Ukraine, while Russia is being suppressed and restricted. Only face collapse instead of rapid growth.
The saddest thing about this is that Putin was ready for that but simple people will suffer a lot. It is sad to see that there are many people will be hurt in many ways. While putin and other elites will just live comfortable as they are.
The reality is like that and it will also happen to other countries if they do the same as Russia,
they do not think about their citizens who will be affected by the sanctions imposed,
We can also see that there are some people who protested against the Russian government and in the end they were arrested, which is really sad
Sad reality but this is true. Economic sanctions havent really had a significant impact on government such as Russia. It really affects the common people of the country. People have been punished for the actions of government, who cannot influence in any way. So much damage, so much hurt to so many people. And those leaders, not hurt as much.
Activity: 910
Merit: 100
March 05, 2022, 06:46:54 PM
In the current situation, most countries are sanctioning Russia’s behavior. The war has brought great disaster to innocent people. Many countries and even encryption are donating to addresses in Ukraine, while Russia is being suppressed and restricted. Only face collapse instead of rapid growth.
The saddest thing about this is that Putin was ready for that but simple people will suffer a lot. It is sad to see that there are many people will be hurt in many ways. While putin and other elites will just live comfortable as they are.
The reality is like that and it will also happen to other countries if they do the same as Russia,
they do not think about their citizens who will be affected by the sanctions imposed,
We can also see that there are some people who protested against the Russian government and in the end they were arrested, which is really sad
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1128
March 05, 2022, 04:26:45 PM
You wish that would have been so easy. Well as far as news are concerned I see that NATO is abandoning the Jelensky's SOS call. They even did not agree for the restriction of Ukrainian Air Space and neither any of them are supplying the arms and weapons as of this time. They did show some hope at the initial point however, its gone to the sink now and no one is stepping further.

They know very well if they try anything stupid in hurry then European countries would be hit as well. Russia has become madhouse now and they are not thinking straight.

The more the financial burden will increase the higher they will go rogue and east or south they gonna start to drop the bomb.

So I am not surprised by the USDT gaining inflation. This was supposed to happen in war circle.
NATO doesn't restrict the air space, but they are sending weapons. Most noticeably Turkey does and they are a NATO member. There are like millions of dollars coming from each nation as well, which Ukraine could use for war efforts obviously. So, even though they do not do something directly, they help Ukraine do something.

If they closed the airspace, then it would mean Russians could still fly over Ukraine and Nato would have to either say "we said that is not allowed and you broke it, we are at war" and we all know they can't or they would have to say "we didn't allow that but we are scared to get involved" and they do not want to say that so they didn't closed the airspace. So, what do they do? Send guns and weapons and drones and money, so that Ukraine could handle it themselves.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 603
March 05, 2022, 06:47:15 AM
I believed that in the worst case, Russia would intervene in eastern Ukraine and perhaps only expand the occupied territories to create a larger pro-Russian zone - and that this would take several days due to the military strength of the Russian army. Unfortunately, this is no longer a military conflict but an open war aimed at occupying Ukraine, and according to their leader, some other countries will be next in line if they try to join NATO.

The EU depends on Russia, especially for gas - but will have to look for an alternative if it wants to be consistent in the sanctions against it. It is a bit hypocritical that it was announced a few days ago that the amount of gas will even be increased towards the EU, which means that the money is going in the opposite direction - on the one hand, we have sanctions, on the other hand, the EU finances Russian military machinery by buying Russian gas.
That could probably work but Ukraine will definitely mention it as a part of the negotiation that the invaded territories be returned to Ukraine. The best course of action here is to piss off the Russian bear by having all the countries mobilize their military, we are a hopeless species so why not go all out and insure a mutually assured destruction. Regarding the oil, can't the whole Europe just switch to Middle East? I'm assuming that they don't want to because it's going to make the oil much more expensive.

You wish that would have been so easy. Well as far as news are concerned I see that NATO is abandoning the Jelensky's SOS call. They even did not agree for the restriction of Ukrainian Air Space and neither any of them are supplying the arms and weapons as of this time. They did show some hope at the initial point however, its gone to the sink now and no one is stepping further.

They know very well if they try anything stupid in hurry then European countries would be hit as well. Russia has become madhouse now and they are not thinking straight.

The more the financial burden will increase the higher they will go rogue and east or south they gonna start to drop the bomb.

So I am not surprised by the USDT gaining inflation. This was supposed to happen in war circle.

tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
March 05, 2022, 06:13:02 AM

Activity: 3038
Merit: 647
March 05, 2022, 02:20:35 AM
Activity: 2086
Merit: 193
March 04, 2022, 05:52:02 PM
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1102
March 04, 2022, 05:26:10 PM
The two-faced approach that west has towards Russia is understandable. I mean when USA invades another nation, for example like Syria or Iraq and what not, should they sanction themselves? Or do you expect other west nations partnered with them to sanction USA? Who do you expect to sanction USA in that sense? They are all as one, and they are acting as one.

In reality Iraq war had all of the west invading Iraq as well, even the ones that didn't send soldiers just supported them psychologically as well, or just sent money instead of soldiers. So, it is 100% understandable to not have sanctions. It would be like China sanctioning Russia in this Ukraine war, or North Korea doing the same, that would not make sense.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 520
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
March 04, 2022, 10:27:12 AM
The economic effect of the war is going to be felt globally as the supply chain is gradually being affected, Russia is among the world's largest suppliers of gas and if they are boycotted in the supply of gas it will affect the economy of those countries that depend on Russia for gas supply. But I know this sanctioning will force Russia to easy in attack weaker countries both now and in the future. The rate of inflation is already high in Russia due to this war and that will lead to a long-term negative impact on the Russian reserve.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
March 04, 2022, 07:17:22 AM
[...]
The good of the case is that some have become concerned about the way money works[1]. Especially Russians, who saw their savings gone in just one week, because their "master" decided to start a war. Among this SWIFT nonsense, there are Russians and Ukrainians who've become obsessed by the idea of digital cash that is none's control.

[1] "I often wonder how money is stored".
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
March 04, 2022, 06:11:51 AM
However, if Ukraine wins (e.g. if the Russian people overthrow Putin) and Russia has to withdraw, Ukraine could experience an economic boom, especially if the EU decides to include Ukraine more in the European economic system (it is possible in principle even without EU accession).

Yes I believe that if Russia don't succeed at the end the EU and US will surely throw in money to Ukraine to help build back the city and the whole of destructions going on there. It is a pity that lives lost will not be regained and the Ukrainian fallen heroes won't come back but will surely be in remembrance in Ukraine. I urge the Ukrainians to be strong to wade away the enemies of freedom.

Unfortunately, this presupposes that Russia loses the war and Ukraine retains all or most of its territorial integrity and that Russia agrees to allow Ukraine to move closer to the West. All of that is very far from a possibility right now. The only chance is that Russia will experience regime change and a leader like Gorbachev will come to power. Also very unlikely at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
March 04, 2022, 06:01:49 AM
Both countries will suffer after the war, not just ukraine but also russia will have an economy crisis because of many countries starting to sanctioned russia. In this war conflicts the citizens of both countries will be much more affected.

Infant both Russian and Ukraine,it will take them some years before they can recover from their losses in this war situation that is going on their countries. Just 5 days the war has started, many people has loss their lives and properties  and many companies has packed up because of the war that is affecting their workers and customers in the country. Inflation has started already in the both countries because war is the major thing that cause inflation to humanity. The two countries find it difficult to feed very well over 5 days the war has started between Russian and Ukraine which is seriously causing damages to their economy and education sectors because all schools in those two countries has been closed down few days ago for the safe of the students and staffs in the countries.

Should this war end with the current Ukrainian government still in place, the chances are high that the West will assist Ukraine to recover with money and reconstruction, which means that Ukraine will recover much quicker than Russia.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 245
March 04, 2022, 03:56:12 AM
Both countries will suffer after the war, not just ukraine but also russia will have an economy crisis because of many countries starting to sanctioned russia. In this war conflicts the citizens of both countries will be much more affected.

I think it will depend a lot on how the war turns out. At the moment it looks like Russia will win sooner or later and place a puppet government, similar to the one in Belarus. Then Ukraine would have a bad day economically, just like Russia. However, if Ukraine wins (e.g. if the Russian people overthrow Putin) and Russia has to withdraw, Ukraine could experience an economic boom, especially if the EU decides to include Ukraine more in the European economic system (it is possible in principle even without EU accession).
With each new day, it becomes more and more obvious that the advantage and initiative in the war goes to Ukraine. Russia suffers heavy losses in manpower and equipment, but has not achieved its goals in any of the four main directions of attack. Putin expected to capture Ukraine in three days, so the Russian troops were provided with food, fuel and ammunition for this period. Russian soldiers themselves do not understand what they are doing in Ukraine and for which they are already dying by the thousands. Therefore, they often leave their military equipment without fuel and run away or surrender.
At the same time, every citizen of Russia has already felt the effect of the latest international sanctions, which are simply disastrous for the Russian economy.
Ukraine needs to hold out until about March 10th. After that, the war will decline and end with a complete victory for Ukraine. Russia will not only get out of all the occupied territories of Ukraine, but will also be forced to rebuild the destroyed settlements in Ukraine and compensate for the losses caused to it. Only after that the sanctions will be lifted from it.
Pages:
Jump to: