Pages:
Author

Topic: [INFO] ALL ABOUT BITBILLS - page 2. (Read 3234 times)

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
November 07, 2020, 11:29:22 PM
Few factoids that I don’t believe have been discussed here yet  ..

**  “Curiously, BitBills' original website snapshot lists a "© Qugel LLC." Qugel appears to be a secretive project that may (or may not be) similar to BitSpend and reportedly is (was?) an "arbitrage business listing thousands of items for sale."

**BitBills tried to corner the entire physical bitcoin market, filing a patent request that as far as I can tell was never granted. One big reason might be because they didn’t create the idea, Gavin Andresen did - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/printing-bitcoins-could-it-work-737

Despite the fact that it’s pretty clear BitBills and Casascius both stemmed from Gavin’s idea/the above thread discussion..BitBills wanted Casascius to stop making items ..

“We spoke with Mike Caldwell, creator of Casacius coin - He shared with us an exchange he had with one of the co-founders of BitBills years ago that may shed light on their intentions”.

**[00:45] Just to get this out of the way, do you believe that you own any sort of legally recognized intellectual property that precludes what I am doing?

[00:46] yes

[00:47] Would you mind sending me a copy of its registration?

[00:49] Mike, we'll send you anything as we see fit

[00:50] within the next week likely

[00:50] What would you like for me to do? Are you essentially asking that I stop producing physical bitcoins?

[00:52] You could license our tech

[00:52] Do you have a patent on the idea of embedding private keys in objects?

[00:52] I performed a quick search and wasn't able to find such a thing

[00:52] we're in the application process

[00:53] patents take a couple of years to issue

[00:53] in some cases at least

[00:54] you might have a partnership option

[00:55] So what you are saying is you want me to pay you a fee for making physical bitcoins, just so I understand you correctly

[00:56] I never said that

[00:56] You mentioned licensing, so that's how I understood that. If wrong, what do you have in mind?

[00:57] All I'm saying is that it's our position that you've copied our tech.**

Mr. Caldwell also suggested that most of the ideas covered by Mr. Feigelson's proposed patent were discussed in public years earlier”.

Source : https://letstalkbitcoin.com/477
copper member
Activity: 22
Merit: 53
October 22, 2020, 11:43:05 AM
I got bored this summer and decided to get some artwork for my office wall at work.

So what better way to stimulate my mind when looking across from my desk but to look at my Bitbills collection.

FRONT

BACK

Shocked
Activity: 183
Merit: 111
October 21, 2020, 05:22:24 AM
How rare BitBills are:

Bitbill intact/full load (as of Jan 27, 2020)
 1 BTC = 233
 5 BTC = 58
10 BTC = 29
20 BTC = 5

Thanks...SatoshisGhost

!! these are absolute treasures.

I'm going to keep an eye out Cheesy

Great thread krogothmanhattan
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
June 11, 2020, 01:06:40 PM
these are great to add to a collection - I have been searching and they are hard to find. I will keep looking though, I dont hope to get like you have, but I do want to find at least one to add to mine lol

They are extremely hard to find. That's both fully funded/bitcoin intact as well as those that have had the bitcoin redeemed. One place to check besides on here ( obviously ) is on redditt.  From time to time I will see people posting BitBills asking about how much they are worth or if anyone is interested in buying them.  Worth a check now and then.

will do - depending on their prices, I would even go for an unfunded. just to have for the collection.
legendary
June 11, 2020, 01:04:56 PM
these are great to add to a collection - I have been searching and they are hard to find. I will keep looking though, I dont hope to get like you have, but I do want to find at least one to add to mine lol

They are extremely hard to find. That's both fully funded/bitcoin intact as well as those that have had the bitcoin redeemed. One place to check besides on here ( obviously ) is on redditt.  From time to time I will see people posting BitBills asking about how much they are worth or if anyone is interested in buying them.  Worth a check now and then.
legendary
June 10, 2020, 11:28:14 AM
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3238
The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.
June 10, 2020, 10:56:26 AM
  It has long been a topic of conversation amongst us physical bitcoin collectors on who made the very first loaded bitcoin item.

There was a theory that Gavin Andreson created one back in 2010. After all it was his original idea that started it all as you can see from the following thread..https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.34413

In it he states...

Yeah, cool!

Could you punch a couple of holes through the B?  I like topologically interesting money.

And if you want to make it the absolutely coolest coin in the world, generate a new bitcoin address, send 1 bitcoin to it, and then engrave that address on the coin.

Then you have physical currency that the owner can independently check to make sure the bitcoin backing it hasn't been spent.

So for years people have always debated who was the very first. Well I finally reached out to Mr Andreson and he replied as follows..

I never created physical bitcoins— until Bitbills (and then cacascius coins) I didn’t think enough people would trust the creator to destroy the private keys. I was wrong, turns out quite a few people were willing!
copper member
Activity: 588
Merit: 351
May 23, 2020, 03:27:36 PM
As those who know me well know...I love BTCitBTCills. And I am always pursuing leads and hunting for these elusive and rare collectables.
I recently was able to come across some unique items that are one of a kind BTCitBTCills items.
Wanted to share a proof sheet of BTCitBTCills. that I had to have framed and add alongside my other BTCitBTCills frame.
What you see is the front of a proof sheet of Bitbills. On the other side is the QR code sheet for the public keys.

Here I am thinking proofs sheets are only available in fiat currencies and you go on and drop this. Congratulations on the amazing addition to your collection and thank you for sharing  Smiley
legendary
May 22, 2020, 11:13:42 AM
man look at all of those! and here I am just trying to find one to add to my collection! lol very nice group you have there @krogothmanhattan!
legendary
May 22, 2020, 10:49:38 AM
I may or may not have gotten a sneak peek of this absolute beauty and holy shit it doesn't get cooler than this! I think Krogo plans to eventually cut into that sheet and then do a free raffle for the individual bitbill prototypes  Cheesy Cheesy

On a serious note, you are the king of hunting for cool stuff. I don't know how you do it but I wish I had those skills!
Activity: 541
Merit: 362
Rules not Rulers
May 21, 2020, 08:33:41 PM
Wow!

Thanks for this thread @krogothmanhattan, I confess I didn't even know these existed, the whole thread was fascinating. No doubt some of these are floating around at the bottom of deskdraws of people that forgot they even had them.

In 20 years they'll be like Picasso's that people find in the barn attic of their grandfathers!
copper member
Activity: 1848
Merit: 254
May 21, 2020, 07:24:49 PM
As those who know me well know...I love BTCitBTCills. And I am always pursuing leads and hunting for these elusive and rare collectables.
I recently was able to come across some unique items that are one of a kind BTCitBTCills items.
Wanted to share a proof sheet of BTCitBTCills. that I had to have framed and add alongside my other BTCitBTCills frame.
What you see is the front of a proof sheet of Bitbills. On the other side is the QR code sheet for the public keys.

😲

What gods name did you come across there krog.  Nice score!

The King of bitbills  Cool
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 1406
May 21, 2020, 06:57:15 PM

😲

What gods name did you come across there krog.  Nice score!
legendary
May 21, 2020, 06:32:25 PM

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 12081
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
May 20, 2019, 04:11:23 AM
Thx for the link very useful piece of BTC-history Smiley
copper member
Activity: 438
Merit: 175
May 01, 2019, 03:49:21 AM
This is certainly one of the rarest and most valuable sets out there. Nice work updating the thread fellas! It's great having this resource available to us all whether we're new or well versed. I find tremendous value in these threads.
donator
Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
April 30, 2019, 05:36:32 PM
I decided to run the code that I wrote that checks for intact bitbills. I found that all the bitbills funds were sent from one address originally. So following the blockchain, you can find all the bitbills that were funded from that one address.

20BTC: 88 (32 intact)
10BTC: 107 (33 intact)
5BTC: 144 (58 intact)
1BTC: 589 (333 intact)

As one expect, a lot of the larger bills have been peeled. So there are now at most only 32 complete sets of bitbills that are intact.

Here's the python code in case anyone is interested:

Code:
import urllib
import json

URL = "https://blockchain.info/address/%s?format=json"
ONE = 100000000
FIVE = 500000000
TEN = 1000000000
TWENTY = 2000000000

addresses = ['1FhTe1bMtoKHDbNw13v3BQ9sb2kFTagaRH']
processed = []

addr1 = []
addr5 = []
addr10 = []
addr20 = []

print "Searching for all BitBills..."
print

while addresses:
  a = addresses.pop(0)
  print "processing %s" % a
  processed.append(a)
  file = urllib.urlopen(URL % a).read()
  data = json.loads(file)

for tx in data['txs']:
    skip = True
    for input in tx['inputs']:
      if input['prev_out']['addr'] == a:
        skip = False
    if skip:
      continue
    for out in tx['out']:
      addr = out['addr']
      value = out['value']
      if value < ONE:
        continue
      if value == ONE:
       if not addr in addr1:
       addr1.append(addr)
      elif value == FIVE:
       if not addr in addr5:
       addr5.append(addr)
      elif value == TEN:
       if not addr in addr10:
       addr10.append(addr)
      elif value == TWENTY:
       if not addr in addr20:
       addr20.append(addr)
      elif not addr in processed and not addr in addresses:
        addresses.append(addr)

def process_address(addr, denom):
  intact = 0
  for a in addr:
#    print "checking %s" % a
    processed.append(a)
    file = urllib.urlopen(URL % a).read()
    data = json.loads(file)    
    if data['total_sent'] == 0:
#      print "intact %s" % a
      intact+=1
  print "%dBTC: %d (%d intact)" % (denom, len(addr), intact)

print
print "Checking coins..."
print

process_address(addr20, 20)
process_address(addr10, 10)
process_address(addr5, 5)
process_address(addr1, 1)
legendary
April 26, 2019, 08:56:57 AM
This is a great thread Krogoth! BitBills are one of the coolest Bitcoin collectible. Unfortunately, it's becoming too expensive to own a set. That said, I still have a set to sell. 😀

Thankyou Charlie...couldn't agree more! Cheesy

Goodluck on your sale...I am sure an Uber Whale will snap em up
donator
Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
April 26, 2019, 05:56:51 AM
This is a great thread Krogoth! BitBills are one of the coolest Bitcoin collectible. Unfortunately, it's becoming too expensive to own a set. That said, I still have a set to sell. 😀
copper member
Activity: 438
Merit: 175
April 03, 2019, 05:48:06 PM
Just bought a book....

Cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Blockchain and Beyond (Looking Forward)
By The New York Times Editorial Staff

Guess what they used on the cover of their book?  Wink

Sweet!  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: