Pages:
Author

Topic: [INFO] Open Source Trading Platforms - page 2. (Read 68560 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
July 08, 2012, 03:30:34 PM
Is anyone interested in starting a bounty for building something like this?
Is anyone interested in donating BTCs for a project like this?
Are there any programmers interested in working on a project like this? (getting paid in bounty or volunteer)

I am.

Cool... which part are you interested in, ThiagoCMC?
Activity: 382
Merit: 253
July 07, 2012, 08:59:25 AM
Merely making a trading platform open source would add some small value, but what would really shake things up would be a P2P trading platform. Think of bitcoin itself compared to centralized banks, and make the same paradigm shift for owning shares/bonds. No central repository to get thwacked or controlled.

I really like GLBSE and find it to be a great benefit to the bitcoin community, but IMHO it would be better if sites like that were merely portals to the P2P share system - comparable to online wallets such as blockchain's.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!
July 07, 2012, 01:13:25 AM
Are there any programmers interested in working on a project like this? (getting paid in bounty or volunteer)

I am.
Activity: 950
Merit: 1001
June 21, 2012, 11:21:40 AM
Here's another one:
https://github.com/FellowTraveler/Open-Transactions

Not quite done yet, but it has a lot of potential.
June 21, 2012, 11:18:05 AM
It would be cool just to have a reference API, that is complete and has good design, so site developers can use this as a reference.

Some interesting links:

https://github.com/bitfloor

https://github.com/shtylman

http://www.marketcetera.com

http://fixprotocol.org/

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/software/api/api.htm
legendary
Activity: 965
June 21, 2012, 10:58:38 AM
It would be cool just to have a reference API, that is complete and has good design, so site developers can use this as a reference.

June 20, 2012, 02:12:26 PM

I would mind doing some work on this for some btc pay

Thanks for the reply, gweedo.

It seems like there is not much interest in this so...
legendary
Activity: 1498
June 15, 2012, 07:20:44 PM

I would mind doing some work on this for some btc pay
June 15, 2012, 04:09:41 PM
June 15, 2012, 03:26:53 PM

At Bitfloor, we contribute back to any open source projects that we find useful as we can. I find this a much better approach than just dumping an entire system and expecting people to understand it.

+1

I am not a big trader by any stretch of the imagination but I have been watching/reading and doing small trades at the BTC exchanges that have been around a little while. I've been bumping into a ton of issues with weird/useless APIs, questionable order matching executions, unfriendly interfaces, and at times trades not getting reported and/or documented.

I can understand why an exchange with only $100 USD profits per month might lack in the customer service department but I also don't want them to shutdown their service to the Bitcoin community.
Activity: 243
Merit: 250
June 15, 2012, 02:57:26 PM
On the exchange/market side.

The AML/KYC & security burden/workload for the exchanges is high enough as is. Considering that the BTC market is still kind of small, the workload is higher than the return at the moment. Maybe something like this could reduce the barrier of entry?

Don't forget to take into account the time and effort it would take to learn someone's platform and get it running. In a large system like an exchange there will be many moving parts. You also want to have your own people understand what can go wrong and where. These reasons alone often make it better and easier to roll your own solution at the app level.

At Bitfloor, we contribute back to any open source projects that we find useful as we can. I find this a much better approach than just dumping an entire system and expecting people to understand it.
Activity: 183
June 15, 2012, 02:49:21 PM
On the exchange/market side.

The AML/KYC & security burden/workload for the exchanges is high enough as is. Considering that the BTC market is still kind of small, the workload is higher than the return at the moment. Maybe something like this could reduce the barrier of entry?
Activity: 243
Merit: 250
June 15, 2012, 02:42:57 PM
Does an Open Source Trading Platform exist?

Would this be a good solution for existing/new BTC exchanges?

Trading platform on the exchange/market side or order entry side?
June 15, 2012, 02:40:15 PM
Does an Open Source Trading Platform exist?
Would this be a good solution for existing/new BTC exchanges?

Some links to help you get started or make your exchange better...

Trading Platform - Exchange/market side:

Trading Platform & Protocols - Order entry side:

P2P Trading Platforms & Threads
Pages:
Jump to: