Pages:
Author

Topic: Information needed on Bitcoin business - page 2. (Read 2556 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
September 27, 2012, 12:04:16 PM
Well how much better is it, really, do do business with people who avoid liability for their actions?

Seems like kids are the most responsible people, being responsible to their parents and other adults; adults less responsible maybe, then into corporations deliberately designed to let people avoid responsibility then at the top to the politicians who are not even liable for the lives they take by creating laws saying its ok to kill people, or to starve people to death, or whatever they heck else that they cannot be held liable for.

So while from a selfish personal perspective being totally un-liable sounds great, I am not so sure how helpful it really is to the consumers / customers?

-MarkM-
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
September 27, 2012, 11:08:34 AM
BitPay, Inc.  is a registered Delaware C Corp.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Tangible Cryptography LLC
September 27, 2012, 10:56:04 AM
Tangible Cryptography LLC ("FastCash4Bitcoins", "Bitcoins Direct", "Cell Coin") is a registered Virginia Limited Liability Company.

The reason? Operating a business without creating a independent legal entity is just foolish/risky.  If nothing else the fact that a sole proprietorship has unlimited personal liability should be enough of a reason.
vip
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
September 27, 2012, 10:55:39 AM
I think it depends on the owner, I see more and more people taking that route and registering, but I think if accept bitcoins and send bitcoins only, so your not dealing in fiat currency, I think you be fine by not registering.
yes, that's why I asked how many are, and of those not could they give us their reasons Smiley
vip
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
September 27, 2012, 10:36:53 AM
in #bitcoin-dev some discussion of the foundation is taking place

slush raised an interesting question - I would like to put it to the wider community

well, better question: How many bitcoin businesses are *real* companies? Wink

I registered my pool as a business shortly after opening in June 2011.

I figured it would be harder for my government to shut the pool down if it was legally registered and following regulations/tax laws etc than operating unregistered and avoiding regulation and tax.
I also thought it could be seen as a commitment to continue - it takes time and money to properly set up a business and more time and money to wind it up (in my country anyway)...

So I'd be interested to hear from Bitcoin business owners, tell us if you are or are not a registered business and why you have chosen your course.
For unregistered businesses do you have plans  on how to continue if you're government does take a hard look at you and your operations.

Bitcoin users can have a say on whether they prefer to deal with a registered business or an anonymous nick - or just don't care Smiley

Would prefer if thread could stay on topic

Thanks
Graeme Tee
Ozcoin pooled Mining Pty Ltd
ACN: 152 509 272

Pages:
Jump to: