Pages:
Author

Topic: Inputs.io HACKED, 4K+ BTC stolen - page 3. (Read 5135 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
November 12, 2013, 02:17:52 PM
Having come late to the BTC table. I have been doing some mining. CPU (a bit slow), got my first USB eruptor (Bit quicker). Bought 3 more (Bit quicker still). Hooked them up through my Raspi (bit cheaper!). Bought some coins (bitbargain.co.uk). Bought some shares (Bitfunder.com). BTC price was moving in the right direction. Bought some more coins. Put them into Coinlenders (Nice Interest). Life was looking Good!

Then the shares (BTCINVEST) got frozen. Bitfunders closing down. Dont worry, they'll get transferred out!

First CD about to mature on CL. This was easy. Lets move and spare bitcents into CL for the next one.

Maturity dates comes by and OH! CD returned early, best check the forums.

OMG

Option1:    Best register on the forum so I can register for my sliding scale refund [Done] - This this post
               Wait a while and then get my details logged

Option2:    Turn off the PC, Lie on the floor, wrap myself up in a blanket just in case something else goes wrong

Should have gone down the Pub followed by the Night Club and then the Strip Club.

The pain in my head would be better than the pain in my wallet (offline leather not hot, cold or paper!)

It will get better!!!!
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
November 12, 2013, 01:59:13 PM
ID would not prove anything because ID was not linked to the account in the first place. I thought TF was actually hacked to begin with. But, now I have changed my mind.
Indeed, ID would prove nothing.

This is super shady, TradeFortress. Any comments? Why have you suddenly instituted a policy that does 0% to reduce fraudulent claims, and will only save you money?

Oh, that's right.....  Roll Eyes
Activity: 42
November 12, 2013, 01:21:21 PM
This is pathetic. Even though I only had a small amount in there. No point in emailing.

how many?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
November 12, 2013, 01:12:06 PM
This is pathetic. Even though I only had a small amount in there. No point in emailing.
November 12, 2013, 12:32:21 PM
i don't care anyone want me to "claim their coins" with my id ~ send me a PM ..throw me some dust coins out of the deal we are good!  Grin ~easyyyy

I'm pretty sure that's illegal...

i got a fake id!+ this whole freakin' movie is ludicrous imo!  Grin LOL
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
November 12, 2013, 11:59:17 AM
i don't care anyone want me to "claim their coins" with my id ~ send me a PM ..throw me some dust coins out of the deal we are good!  Grin ~easyyyy

I'm pretty sure that's illegal...
Activity: 532
Currently held as collateral by monbux
November 12, 2013, 11:39:30 AM
It's rather stupid. I have supplied him with this information:

-Balance
- Previous passwords & current password.
- Email

Yet, he still wants ID. He's determined to get ID from all of us for some odd reason. ID would not prove anything because ID was not linked to the account in the first place. I thought TF was actually hacked to begin with. But, now I have changed my mind.
November 12, 2013, 11:15:59 AM
November 12, 2013, 11:11:36 AM
Looks like I lost my .35 btc that I had in there... This sucks

What about my coins there? If you stored more than 1 BTC, send an email to [email protected] with a Bitcoin address (preferably, an offline, open source light/SPV wallet like Multibit or Electrum). Use the same email you're using on Inputs. Please don't store Bitcoins on an internet connected device, regardless of it is your own or a service's.

What about people with less than 1 BTC?
I filed a claim for 0.0025 BTC and you are asking for a government issued photo id
This is insane! Especially for the amount claimed. Why do you need an ID? You have been hacked, not me.

Some questions for you (TF) to ponder about:

- Why would someone trust their ID to a site that was hacked?
- Why would someone trust their ID to a site whose operator's ID is not known / wants to be anonymous?
- I sent the email from the same email address I registered with. Why do you need an ID now? ID was not needed to sign up.
- TF, why don't you give me a government issued photo ID of yourself first??  Maybe then I will send mine.

+1
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
November 12, 2013, 06:18:26 AM
I would just leave it, accept your loss I guess. It would be a different story for 1+ BTC.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
November 12, 2013, 10:57:48 AM
I filed a claim for 0.0025 BTC and you are asking for a government issued photo id
This is insane! Especially for the amount claimed. Why do you need an ID? You have been hacked, not me.

- Why would someone trust their ID to a site whose operator's ID is not known / wants to be anonymous?
- I sent the email from the same email address I registered with. Why do you need an ID now? ID was not needed to sign up.
- TF, why don't you give me a government issued photo ID of yourself first??  Maybe then I will send mine.
Yes absolutely insane. He just want you forgot the btc and dont claim the refund
I agree, that is ridiculous.
Just asking about the amount on inputs/coinlenders and an email from the same mailaddress to confirm should be enough.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Ask me anything if you have any problem
November 12, 2013, 10:24:18 AM

What about my coins there? If you stored more than 1 BTC, send an email to [email protected] with a Bitcoin address (preferably, an offline, open source light/SPV wallet like Multibit or Electrum). Use the same email you're using on Inputs. Please don't store Bitcoins on an internet connected device, regardless of it is your own or a service's.

- TF, why don't you give me a government issued photo ID of yourself first??  Maybe then I will send mine.

Yes absolutely insane. He just want you forgot the btc and dont claim the refund
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
November 12, 2013, 08:34:09 AM

yes, this is for real. Here is the email I received:
-------
Hi,

We've identified this request as suspicious based on proprietary rules. In order to protect the amount against fraudulent claims, please attach a copy of a government issued photo ID matching your name. This is used for verification purposes only.
-------

Seems kind of fishy. Verification? Users never had occasion to give their name to inputs.io in the first place. At best, he's trying to discourage people from making claims.

He thinks people are going to trust him with their id's after this, lol.

He knew people wouldn't give ID to him. Therefore he gets to keep the money. He asked ID for me and I have now lost a rather large sum of my money.

True enough.
Activity: 602
November 12, 2013, 07:32:54 AM

-------
Hi,

We've identified this request as suspicious based on proprietary rules. In order to protect the amount against fraudulent claims, please attach a copy of a government issued photo ID matching your name. This is used for verification purposes only.
-------

Seems kind of fishy. Verification? Users never had occasion to give their name to inputs.io in the first place. At best, he's trying to discourage people from making claims.

He knew people wouldn't give ID to him. Therefore he gets to keep the money. He asked ID for me and I have now lost a rather large sum of my money.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
November 12, 2013, 07:03:14 AM

-------
Hi,

-------

November 12, 2013, 06:23:20 AM

-------
Hi,

-------

legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003
November 12, 2013, 06:12:27 AM

Is this for real? TF is asking for government documents? That wasn't the case for my claim. And I wouldn't feel comfortable giving them up, either.

-------
Hi,

-------
November 12, 2013, 06:05:12 AM

Is this for real? TF is asking for government documents? That wasn't the case for my claim. And I wouldn't feel comfortable giving them up, either.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
November 12, 2013, 03:15:41 AM
i hope their service has insurance to pay people up.
legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003
November 12, 2013, 02:57:34 AM

Pages:
Jump to: