Pages:
Author

Topic: Insignificance of the etherum fork - page 3. (Read 538 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 10
SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY
January 10, 2019, 06:44:37 AM
I love Ethereum. And I'm trying to follow closely. Yes, fork had an effect, but Ethereum already had a certain potential.

The fork that will take place this month is well known. But the main thing is that this is not the next updates.
copper member
Activity: 2044
Merit: 793
January 10, 2019, 06:19:22 AM
And the fork of Ethereum won't give you another coin like Bitcoin Cash.
That's not true, the fork scheduled for tomorrow 11/01 Ethereum Classic Vision will give a 1:3 ratio of ETCV to Ethereum holders.

But they could be fake projects to steal Ethereum.

I doubt that'd be be the case with ETCV, because you aren't required to send ETH to any party or wallet in order to receive the coins, which made me think think holders still have nothing lose.

And i doubt that thoses teams are better than the Ethereum team.

A fork proposing team doesn't have to better than the original project's team before they go ahead with a fork, Forks have always been more about visions or proposed improvements to the old network or maintaining an old legacies due to lack of trust in upcoming forks. Bitcoin has numerous forks and till date I've not been convinced that any of those team has offered something better or have a better vision than what satoshi had proposed.
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
January 10, 2019, 05:57:38 AM
You should not buy a coin just because a fork. And the fork of Ethereum won't give you another coin like Bitcoin Cash. It is to reduce the mining reward and other things. Yes, there is 2 new projects to fork Ethereum. But they could be fake projects to steal Ethereum. And i doubt that thoses teams are better than the Ethereum team.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
January 10, 2019, 05:50:03 AM
What you should do as a newbie?

Buy ETH/BTC and just hold it. Regardless of any fork event, if you think these coins will be something big one year from now then you literally don't have to do anything. You just hold it and wait until the prices goes up. But if you are longing to be part of this fork, buy ethereum if you want to have those fork coins.
Activity: 15
Merit: 1
January 10, 2019, 05:17:53 AM
To me, The Ethereum  forks will happen but to me it is insignificant with little effects cos, they have already used the fork news to achieve their aims by pumping ethereum  the last time.

But what do I know as a newbie. ?
Pages:
Jump to: