Pages:
Author

Topic: Instant-Payout Mining - BitPenny.com - page 2. (Read 35141 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 11
April 02, 2011, 11:50:31 PM
BitPenny will be shut down indefinitely at 11:59PM 4/2/2011 EST due to continued and unsustainable losses.

Withdrawals will continue to be available.

The IRC channel will remain open.

BitPenny may be back in the future under a different model.

Thank you to everyone who has participated.
March 26, 2011, 01:21:08 PM
Every one can check in this site whether you have been sent coins or Onefixt cheating you.
I know you find it useful, & i am expecting donation from you.

Please don't use fear tactics to solicit donations.

BitPenny gives out the transaction ID after every successful withdrawal attempt.  
This transaction ID can be seen on #bitcoin-monitor, www.bitcoinmonitor.com, www.bitcoincharts.com/bitcoin, and www.blockexplorer.com

If you lose the transaction ID, you can still search for your receiving address to see the queued transaction.
Any delays arising after the transaction has been posted are due to the state of the network, and are unrelated to BitPenny.

All of this has been stated previously on #bitcoin-bitpenny.
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
March 26, 2011, 11:11:00 AM
http://www.bitcoincharts.com/bitcoin/

There are 1492 unconfirmed transactions.

Every one can check in this site whether you have been sent coins or Onefixt cheating you.

Go to the above address & you will see a lot of Date, time,...some numbers....input, output.....
& you can see your unconfirmed bitcoin also.

"Hey are you crazy, how can i see my transactions in this zillions of numbers"-- I can hear that.

Simple, just hit ctrl+f in windows or anything in Linux to search on current webpage, & in the search field, enter the bitcoin address/addresses you put in your profile in the bitpenny.com, or you can use the address in the address book of your bitcoin client. I gave a label "bitpenny" to the address i gave to bitpenny.com, so i don't have to worry from whom i got bitcoins.... & hit enter.

You will be dddddddddddddddirectly taken to your address in the zillions of numbers & address & your address will be in orange.
You can see above your address, it is unconfirmed & also date, time, amount.........many things.

Holy banana.

you find it useful, see my address in signature in red & donate.
Thanks.
March 22, 2011, 01:23:57 PM
A new way to connect to BitPenny - Kiv's GUI frontend for poclbm
Remember to set your "Extra flags" to the appropriate values for your mining hardware (GPU).
Please note that the GUI currently rounds balances to the nearest .01 for display purposes.

Activity: 373
Merit: 250
March 17, 2011, 11:05:20 PM
The per-share rate will change when the difficulty changes, which should happen approximately every two weeks in theory.  The difficulty is currently predicted to actually decrease for the first time in sometime less than a week.

In theory, over an extended period of time you will get the same number of shares no matter which pool you're using or which distribution method being used, and the overall payment should be the same.  At that point it's a matter of how much the pool itself is taking as its cut.  Here it's 10%, while other pools may charge less.  For BitPenny the advantage is that you get a fixed amount of money per share contributed, so the amount received is more predictable.  With other systems, the payout per person is only determined at the moment the block is actually solved, and then it's divided based on how many shares each person contributed vs the total number of contributed shares. 

Slush's pool takes it one step further and weighs shares found just before solving the block higher than shares found early in the round.  This is an anti-cheating effort, and again in the long-run the final payout should remain the same as with any other system.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
March 17, 2011, 09:33:32 PM
So just to clear things up.

Ive got a small hash rate of around 100Mhash/s

Left pc mining found that i make about 78.5 accepted shares per hour.
That comes out to about 0.136BTC per hour right ?
So even if the correct block isn't found from the pool on bitpenny's server we still get paid  Huh Huh

Yep - since each share has X percent chance of being a winning hash, he pays out X-10% for each hash. So you make less, but you also get consistent payouts and can withdraw instantly.

Thanks kiddo Tongue
I'm new in this mining stuff.
Just trying to figure out where it is best for low hash users.
Does the per share rate change ?_?

Hope more have these questions !
Activity: 406
Merit: 256
March 17, 2011, 07:40:13 PM

So even if the correct block isn't found from the pool on bitpenny's server we still get paid  Huh Huh

Yep - since each share has X percent chance of being a winning hash, he pays out X-10% for each hash. So you make less, but you also get consistent payouts and can withdraw instantly.
Activity: 11
March 17, 2011, 07:07:19 PM

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
March 17, 2011, 05:41:41 PM
Tempted to jump on this at 1.3Ghash/s. Soon as I get my next large payment from BTCPool I come on for a couple hours and see what I get.
Any estimations?
15.4450436053 BTC per day and 0.643543483555 BTC per hour.

Thanks Tycho
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
March 17, 2011, 05:24:38 PM
Tempted to jump on this at 1.3Ghash/s. Soon as I get my next large payment from BTCPool I come on for a couple hours and see what I get.
Any estimations?
15.4450436053 BTC per day and 0.643543483555 BTC per hour.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
March 17, 2011, 01:40:21 PM

Any estimations?
Activity: 46
March 17, 2011, 01:14:02 PM
according to ufasoft in his post, bitpenny doesnt work with his miner because:

"WinInet firstly makes request without Login/Password. But this pool incorrectly returns "OK" HTTP code in Response Headers."

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.66883

Activity: 532
Merit: 505
March 04, 2011, 06:15:50 AM
while testing the old bitpenny server, my payout was about 87.5%, taking into account that max 90% are paid out and expecting 2-3% loss caused by connectivity/overhead, this seemed not too bad.

running on the new server for ~2days now my payouts are impressive,
89-90%, means there's almost zero network-loss.

good job OneFixt!

it seems that (for me) this pool pays 8-10% less than slush's pool
obviously, but you can't really compare bitpenny with slush's pool anyway,
you could compare it to the pay-per-share mode on deepbit.
Activity: 742
March 03, 2011, 02:18:39 PM
Tried this for a short time, did some math and it seems that (for me) this pool pays 8-10% less than slush's pool, so I think I'll stick with the latter ;).
8% less is exactly how it should be :) Because slush's fee is 2% and bitpenny's is 10%.
Very nice if you expect long blocks or want some consistency.
Activity: 607
March 03, 2011, 01:57:41 PM
Tried this for a short time, did some math and it seems that (for me) this pool pays 8-10% less than slush's pool, so I think I'll stick with the latter Wink.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
March 03, 2011, 01:47:40 PM
BTC is not a meaningful unit of rate.  Please update bitpenny.com to publish the actual unit, maybe it's BTC/s, BTC/h, BTC/day or BTC/getwork; I have no idea. Thanks.

But BTC per share IS meaningful rate...
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
March 03, 2011, 01:25:47 PM
BTC is not a meaningful unit of rate.  Please update bitpenny.com to publish the actual unit, maybe it's BTC/s, BTC/h, BTC/day or BTC/getwork; I have no idea. Thanks.
March 03, 2011, 02:42:04 AM
BitPenny is back and open to the public!

All balances have been transferred to the new server.

Please make sure that you are using the hostname to connect and not hardcoding the IP.
March 02, 2011, 06:27:50 PM
indeed, maybe he doesn't know that payout decreases with raising difficulty
and didn't notice that there's 2 servers and also 2 balances.

my leftover sub-bitcent balance on the old server is still there (although i can't withdraw it because its <0.01btc)
and the new server so far works better than the old one.

The two balances will be reconciled as soon as the new server undergoes enough testing to be considered stable.
If there are no problems, the old server will be shut down within a few days, at which point old balances will be transferred (added) to the new server.
Activity: 532
Merit: 505
March 02, 2011, 04:57:00 PM
indeed, maybe he doesn't know that payout decreases with raising difficulty
and didn't notice that there's 2 servers and also 2 balances.

my leftover sub-bitcent balance on the old server is still there (although i can't withdraw it because its <0.01btc)
and the new server so far works better than the old one.
Pages:
Jump to: