Pages:
Author

Topic: Intel Discontinues Bitcoin Mining Chip Series - page 2. (Read 361 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1615
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Who compared the characteristics of Intel Blockscale 1000 chips with competitors?
Their video cards have not conquered the market either. Intel talks about cutting costs, but the product has already been released and tested. It only needs to be sold.
It turns out that they have an expensive production?
Activity: 1722
Merit: 589
Or either they were not being able to keep up with the competition, which I believe it is probably way ahead of them or some other reason can be hidden. In a market which seems to be increasing by the year, why would they opt out? Is it extremely demanding? I don't doubt but without more competition, the existing companies will be more comfortable holding the title of the titans in the business. Without competition, things tend to stall instead of progressing!
But I think this is part of the Evolution Theory doing its job, I guess!
Perhaps because they wanted to put more effort and manpower into creating chips for other points of customers. Gaming for instance, which has been their biggest suit since time immemorial. The fact of the matter is that they are slowly losing to AMD and they need to do something about it before the latter breaks their necks and claims the competition for good. Since gaming is their biggest market it just makes sense to put more focus on it. But if this weren't the reason I'd be confused too. In any case they'd still carry out support for Blocksale so it's not like the end of the world or something. Miners with blocksale chips in the past will still be getting support from them although the certainties are a little vague in my opinion.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 647
I rather die on my feet than to live on my knees
Or either they were not being able to keep up with the competition, which I believe it is probably way ahead of them or some other reason can be hidden. In a market which seems to be increasing by the year, why would they opt out? Is it extremely demanding? I don't doubt but without more competition, the existing companies will be more comfortable holding the title of the titans in the business. Without competition, things tend to stall instead of progressing!
But I think this is part of the Evolution Theory doing its job, I guess!
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1026
Chipmaking heavyweight Intel (INTC) is ending production of its bitcoin mining chip series, the company said in a statement to CoinDesk on Tuesday.
"As we prioritize our investments in IDM 2.0, we have end-of-lifed the Intel Blockscale 1000 Series ASIC [application specific integrated circuit] while we continue to support our Blockscale customers," an Intel spokesperson said.
The news was first reported by Tom's Hardware.
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-discontinues-bitcoin-mining-blockscale-chips-no-future-gens-announced
No orders will be taken after Oct. 20 and the last product will be shipped no later than April 20, 2024, according to a document on Intel's website.
The company announced its foray into bitcoin mining about a year ago, with its first customers for the chips, dubbed Blocksale, being Argo Blockchain (ARBK), Block (SQ), Griid Infrastructure and Hive Blockchain (HIVE).
https://www.coindesk.com/tech/2023/04/18/intel-discontinues-bitcoin-mining-chip-series/
Pages:
Jump to: