Pages:
Author

Topic: Intel HD Graphics - page 4. (Read 32087 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
You are WRONG!
March 21, 2012, 04:18:40 PM
I want a full explanation of why you cannot mine on this, other than non opencl comparability(why not)
and any ideas on how to circumvent restrictions and make a miner.

It's also slow as fuck, right guys?  Even if it could mine, it wouldn't even make a few cents a day....
its incomparable, its like comparing a toaster and a spoon. you will not get anything useful of comparing.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
March 21, 2012, 03:02:15 PM
I want a full explanation of why you cannot mine on this, other than non opencl comparability(why not)

It's also slow as fuck, right guys?  Even if it could mine, it wouldn't even make a few cents a day....
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Freedom is Free
March 21, 2012, 01:32:01 PM
It is both.

1) the hardware has to be capable of being programmed
2) you need an interface.

no super coder is going to program hardware they have no data on. 

A couple thousand coders with specs provided by AMD haven't made OpenCL capable drivers for AMD GPUs.  Doing it in the dark is never going to happen. 

It isn't much loss.  The GPU is beyond worthless.  The cheapest (and I do mean cheapest as in $49 special) AMD graphics card has much higher computation power than Intel's GPUs. 
All hope is gone...
Thank you for ending my delusion.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063
Gerald Davis
March 21, 2012, 01:29:45 PM
It is both.

1) the hardware has to be capable of being programmed
2) you need an interface.

no super coder is going to program hardware they have no data on. 

A couple thousand coders with specs provided by AMD haven't made OpenCL capable drivers for AMD GPUs.  Doing it in the dark is never going to happen. 

It isn't much loss.  The GPU is beyond worthless.  The cheapest (and I do mean cheapest as in $49 special) AMD graphics card has much higher computation power than Intel's GPUs. 
Freedom is Free
March 21, 2012, 01:26:48 PM
Thanks for the reply's guys, is the limitation hardware based or could as super assembly coder create some sort of programming interface?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
You are WRONG!
March 21, 2012, 01:24:09 PM
because its specialized hardware, basically is can only draw lines and circles on the screen, thats why its called a graphics card.
ati and nvidia, have also provided some interface, to use the card to other things then drawing... this is possible becuase much of the stuff on a gpu, is similar to a cpu, except that its much simpler.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063
Gerald Davis
March 21, 2012, 01:19:52 PM
Intel doesn't provide any OpenCL SDK.  There is no way to "program" the GPU.
Freedom is Free
March 21, 2012, 01:17:46 PM
Pages:
Jump to: