Pages:
Author

Topic: Interest Check, Request for comments! - page 2. (Read 513 times)

legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1752
Cool new ideas here, and good to see.

I would definitely be interested in a simple pinkie ring made of 925 silver with the bitcoin logo, similar to the one Charlie Shrem wears.

Maybe stamp a small bull on one side and a bear on the other?
Activity: 1526
Merit: 473
if this isnt worn on the thumb, ouch

EDIT: Or baller pinky ring
Activity: 1596
Merit: 534
That is Hot. I love the bull/bear heads.

This is one of those things that must be gold

I would definitly be interested in getting one

legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3238
The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.
Very interesting concept. Ever consider doing this in silver or stainless steel? What would these sell at?
Activity: 357
Merit: 106
May 04, 2018, 03:50:48 AM
I wouldnt wear it but i would use it as a wax seal for sure. If the plastic wont melt ofc
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
May 04, 2018, 03:42:26 AM
Charlies rings would be relatively easy to model.  Being that this is a hobby to me I'm not sure about infringing on someone else's work.  I understand the BTC logo is free use but I assume I couldn't outright copy his ring?
Well, unless you copy the body of the ring 1:1 I don't think it would be 'stolen'. It's essentially just a ring with a BTC logo slapped on it, and I'm sure we will see more of those (available commercially) in the future.

Perhaps a cat nuzzled up to a BTC would be more your style eh?  Smiley
Well. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
May 04, 2018, 02:43:10 AM
Looks nice albeit a little too much for my taste. You could also try modelling the ring (which seems simpler) that Charlie Shrem has on his profile picture: https://twitter.com/CharlieShrem. +1 for silver and gold.

I was definitely thinking about it potentially being a little "gawdy" lol.  I did sorta have a "super bowl" style ring as my inspiration and may have gotten a little carried away with the size of the heads on the side!

Charlies rings would be relatively easy to model.  Being that this is a hobby to me I'm not sure about infringing on someone else's work.  I understand the BTC logo is free use but I assume I couldn't outright copy his ring?

Perhaps a cat nuzzled up to a BTC would be more your style eh?  Smiley

I can do more than one design and I'd like to so I'll see what else folks have to say and go from there.

Thanks,
FH
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
May 04, 2018, 02:31:32 AM
Looks nice albeit a little too much for my taste. You could also try modelling the ring (which seems simpler) that Charlie Shrem has on his profile picture: https://twitter.com/CharlieShrem. +1 for silver and gold.
legendary
May 04, 2018, 02:14:42 AM
Paging salty, make it gold

Could be a great collab Smiley

Yes, YES and YES!!
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 5894
Meh.
May 04, 2018, 02:11:01 AM

Could be a great collab Smiley
Activity: 504
Merit: 185
May 04, 2018, 02:09:49 AM
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 5894
Meh.
May 04, 2018, 02:09:06 AM
Glad to see you here Flying Hellfish!

This looks real good IMO and I'll be looking forward to see this go into production Smiley. 3D Printing is great and there are a few people here offering different items/services using their skills in the are.

I don't have real feedback as of now without seeing final design and perhaps the price but I'll be following this thread and wish you the best of luck!
legendary
May 04, 2018, 02:04:04 AM
Hello Collectibles section!

I'll try to keep it as brief as possible and then if there are any questions/interest I will elaborate as much as I can.

On top of being a former BTC miner, a current alt coin miner and general BTC enthusiast I am also a big 3D printing enthusiast.  I have had the pleasure of personally working with plastic, full colour "sandstone" and metal 3D printers.  As a hobby I enjoy designing new and different things.  I recently decided to design a ring for myself not with the intention of wearing it but to display it in my office.

Ok so now we get to why I'm here!  I thought I would see if there was interest in the collectibles crowd for something like this (similar not exactly this one as this design is for personal use).  I thought I would do up a little different design and have 5 or 10 made up as a limited edition.  One of the cool things (I think) about 3D printing for manufacturing collectibles is that it would be quite easy to number them and also "print" into each "part" (ring) an authenticating mark.

There are quite a few material options, bronze, copper, 14/18k gold plated, sterling silver, 14/18k gold, platinum, and a couple more.

Since I have no trust if there is enough interest from trusted members I would a do first edition of gold plated or sterling silver or something.  It could end up being a couple months or more from the time we decided to move forward and I would be fine with escrow.  Escrow would not need to happen until the rings are ready to ship to to you so the coins would only be locked during shipping to you for obvious reasons!

I can not even speculate on price at this point but I hope I can get a quote pretty easy if this goes anywhere.

Provided I don't get laughed out of here or ignored I will be happy to answer any questions about the process, prototyping, who will be manufacturing (it's a large American company, not me LOL), materials, design, display etc.

I'm open to your suggestions as well.

I hope this explains things and I really hope you enjoy it!

Pages:
Jump to: