Pages:
Author

Topic: Interested in borrowing 15,000 to 25,000 LTC at 1% per week. - page 2. (Read 3280 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
Where did PPCoin come into this convo? Huh
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
My guess is he thinks driving it even lower is possible, then buying it back after it hit the bottom.

I have no intent to drive the price lower.  That is a common fallacy.  
riiight...
May I call you "Little Soros" from now on?  

Oh I forgot you probably have me on ignore again after my last thread. Grin
Activity: 342
Merit: 250
I take it you are not looking to short PPC then. Too bad was hoping to earn some interest.

On the bright side, technically you are earning interest with ppcoins already.

BTW if I thought there was a 1000% (or very close to it) chance of being repaid and I could get my hands on 15k+ litecoins without too much trouble I would do this. Maybe if you put up 100% collateral in bitcoins.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
I take it you are not looking to short PPC then. Too bad was hoping to earn some interest.

Someday maybe.  PPC is too new.  It could go up from here but still go nowhere (or it could go to the moon).
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003
donator
Gerald Davis
My guess is he thinks driving it even lower is possible, then buying it back after it hit the bottom.

I have no intent to drive the price lower.  That is a common fallacy.  When someone buys (long) LTC (or BTC or Gold) does it mean they are trying to drive the price up.  It is simply taking a position.  If you are long and the asset appreciates (and would have appreciated even if you weren't long) then you profit and if it declines you take a loss.  When short the reverse is true.  I believe that regardless of if I personally short LTC or not the price will decline over the next 90 days.  If it does (and I get this loan) then I win.  If it doesn't then I lose.

Nothing more complicated then that.
donator
Gerald Davis
wont loan to you just so u can sell

Well that shows a lack of faith in the fundamentals.  Shorting is common in any financial environment.  It isn't my intend to drive the price down.  I just believe the price will fall.  If it doesn't the lender benefits from both price appreciation and interest.  If it does the interest reduces the loss from the price decline.

Anyways the offer is an open one.  If anyone is a long term holder who actually has conviction in their holding (and not just looking for a quick pump and dump) drop me a PM.
legendary
Well problem is shorting by announcing it this way can have the opposite effect - see pirate...
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003
Are you shorting PPCoin too? I would lend you some at 1% per week. Though I probably don't have enough to satisfy your demand. Perhaps other people can chip in?
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
wont loan to you just so u can sell
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
No loan is in LTC, only in LTC.  Interest is in LTC, repayment in LTC. 

I feel I have pretty good rep but if someone wants to I am willing to post COLLATERAL IN BTC worth 50% of loaned amount in escrow with a reputable third party.  i.e. I turn into a scammer dirtbag they collect the BTC collateral. 

I see.

My guess is your plan is to trade LTC? Arbitrage? In the near term LTC is gonig downwards. Nice plan.

i.e. shorting  Wink
legendary

I feel I have pretty good rep but if someone wants to I am willing to post COLLATERAL IN BTC worth 50% of loaned amount in escrow with a reputable third party.  i.e. I turn into a scammer dirtbag they collect the BTC collateral. 

I see.

My guess is your plan is to trade LTC? Arbitrage? In the near term LTC is gonig downwards. Nice plan.

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

I see.

donator
Gerald Davis

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
After reading it twice i'm still not clear on what you're doing.

So you're holding BTC but the loan is denominated in LTC?

Huh
donator
Gerald Davis
Willing to escrow 50% of face value in BTC with trusted third party to provide a partial guarantee.
Loan is interest only with simple interest paid monthly.  Loan can be repaid at anytime.   Lender can call note after 90 days with 30 days notice.
Pages:
Jump to: