Pages:
Author

Topic: Interesting Data: Top bitcoin or cryptocurrency apps of certain countries - page 2. (Read 274 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 15
I've been using the Binance app for more than a year and am quite comfortable with its pretty good features and very friendly to my phone. even though my country is not listed as one of the countries to download the bitcoin application above, in fact many around me already use the application. and so far they are quite satisfied without experiencing any problems. indeed a tremendous feat for Binance to date.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
I am an android user and it is not obvious that Binance will be in any countries most downloaded app, because of its unique features and outstanding services, and for me, I am using it as well in buying and trading Bitcoin and other known Cryptocurrency, and aside from Binance, Coinbase, Xapo, and the well known online wallet here in the Phillippines Coins .ph each wallet had their own purpose and experience in my opinion, in Coinbase I am using it for my 2nd option wallet for easy convert BTC to Dollar, Xapo was just a catch basin during the time when I was collecting satoshi on faucets and other small amounted free satoshi, and lastly Coins .ph is my main wallet that is based here in The Phillippines,

I haven't encountered the Pi Network and my first time hearing it as well.
Activity: 218
Merit: 105
The Nomad
I got curious and decided to take a look at the top downloaded bitcoin or cryptocurrency related apps of some countries on both the iOS App Store and Google Play. Nothing that super groundbreaking, but really interesting nonetheless at least in my opinion.

Conclusions from taken data at the end.

Country  |  iOS App Store  |  Google Play  | 
Great Britain  |  Binance at #1  |  Coinbase at #37  | 
United States  |  Coinbase at #4  |  Crypto.com at #125  | 
Romania  |  Pi Network at #6  |  Pi Network at #16  | 
Australia  |  Binance at #34  |  Crypto.com at #125  | 
Canada  |  Coinbase at #24  |  Coinbase at #53  | 
France  |  Binance at #85  |  n/a  | 
Germany  |  Binance at #67  |  n/a  | 
Italy  |  n/a  |  n/a  | 
Philippines  |  Coins at #86  |  Coins at #134  | 
Signapore  |  Binance at #48  |  Binance at #68  | 
Sweden  |  Binance at #80  |  Binance at #90  | 
South Africa  |  Binance at #111  |  n/a  | 
Nigeria  |  Binance at #25  |  Binance at #49  | 
Turkey  |  Pi Network at #14  |  Binance at #139  | 
India  |  CoinSwitch at #136  |  n/a  | 
Argentina  |  Binance at #41  |  n/a  | 
Portugal  |  Binance at #21  |  Bitso at #187  | 
Switzerland  |  Binance at #91  |  Binance at #90  | 

n/a = not a single bitcoin or cryptocurrency app in the top 200 of most downloaded
PayPal isn't included because their cryptocurrency arm was just released quite recently
data is taken from SensorTower

Some conclusions/assumptions/curiosities:

• iPhone(iOS) users are far more likely to download bitcoin or cryptocurrency apps
  • Binance sure is extraordinarily dominant
  • Italy, seriously?
  • First and second world countries are more likely to download bitcoin or cryptocurrency apps
  • Dear Turkey and Romania, what the hell is this Pi Network thing and why is it so high up in your list?

That's all, folks. Hope some of you found this slightly interesting at the very least.
Pages:
Jump to: