Pages:
Author

Topic: Interesting reads on future of Bitcoin price - page 2. (Read 479 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 107
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
December 17, 2018, 02:12:12 PM
Thanks for sharing this. The second article provides real wealth of bitcoin related information. There are many interesting points (like comparing the volatility of gold with the volatility of bitcoin), but what I found especially interesting is this:

Its censorship-resistant nature provides an attractive alternative to the private offshore banking system currently estimated to hold ~$8 trillion for individuals.

I wonder to what degree people are aware that bitcoin is such an alternative? I guess they are not really aware. It is a huge space that one day bitcoin could potentially disrupt.

Agree.  It's a massive untapped market.  Even if a small percentage of of these users used Bitcoin as an alternative to private offshore banking system would substantially increase BTC USD value (and also save vast amounts on private bank fees); they'll actually own their private keys rather than putting their trust in a central authority, free from censorship/sanctions etc.

The gold market is another $trillions untapped potential, BTC is more divisible and portable than gold as a store of value to name a few of its strength.

Gold is a proven store of value whereas bitcoin is not. People would be foolish to move millions or billions of dollars in to something that is not yet proven and there's no real demand for. It may happen one day but it is not going to be for a long long time. BTC will need to be around for a few generations before that happens. That is my expectation.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
December 17, 2018, 02:07:42 PM
I wonder to what degree people are aware that bitcoin is such an alternative? I guess they are not really aware. It is a huge space that one day bitcoin could potentially disrupt.

I don't think it's going to make many inroads into that until the need to move in and out of fiat is reduced.

Crypto/fiat interactions are pretty much the only stick governments have to wield and they're going to get ever more uptight about it, way more so than conventional banking. If a bank or broker asked for the shit Bitstamp do they'd be publicly shamed.

No one will want to put their child slavery profits into BTC if they find it's effectively trapped in there with no way of converting it.
Activity: 202
Merit: 30
forum.nem.io
December 17, 2018, 01:29:13 PM
Thanks for sharing this. The second article provides real wealth of bitcoin related information. There are many interesting points (like comparing the volatility of gold with the volatility of bitcoin), but what I found especially interesting is this:

Its censorship-resistant nature provides an attractive alternative to the private offshore banking system currently estimated to hold ~$8 trillion for individuals.

Agree.  It's a massive untapped market.  Even if a small percentage of of these users used Bitcoin as an alternative to private offshore banking system would substantially increase BTC USD value (and also save vast amounts on private bank fees); they'll actually own their private keys rather than putting their trust in a central authority, free from censorship/sanctions etc.

The gold market is another $trillions untapped potential, BTC is more divisible and portable than gold as a store of value to name a few of its strength.

Activity: 434
Merit: 246
December 17, 2018, 11:07:40 AM

Activity: 202
Merit: 30
forum.nem.io
December 17, 2018, 10:32:45 AM
A couple of interesting reads on Bitcoin future price:

University of Cambridge UK - 2ND GLOBAL CRYPTOASSET BENCHMARKING STUDY

https://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/fileadmin/user_upload/research/centres/alternative-finance/downloads/2018-ccaf-2nd-global-cryptoasset-benchmarking.pdf

Their ending note was:

Statements proclaiming the death of the cryptoasset industry have been made after every global
ecosystem bubble. While it is true that the 2017 bubble was the largest in Bitcoin’s history, the market
capitalisation of both Bitcoin and the cryptoasset ecosystem still exceeds its January 2017 levels –-
prior to the start of the bubble. This report has shown that the speculation of the death of the market
and ecosystem has been greatly exaggerated, and so it seems likely that the future expansion plans of
industry participants will, at most, be delayed.

The State of Bitcoin Long-Term Value Potential & Analysis

https://bit.ly/2UQBL95
Pages:
Jump to: