Pages:
Author

Topic: Internet Disconnecting - Losing Money, Help - 1.5 BTC Reward - page 2. (Read 4252 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I use an Netgear MBRN3000 it has auto redial and makes a wifi hotspot
or has direct cat5

see http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf

Luke

This sounds like a good solution to me. Although I don't get paid till friday. So I can't really test until then.. hmmm... i'll be back in 3 hours off to get my meds
Activity: 265
Merit: 250
Football President
I use an Netgear MBRN3000 it has auto redial and makes a wifi hotspot
or has direct cat5

see http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf

Luke
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
This sounds awesome (i'll still pay you) but you lost me at phone and modems... lol.... I feel like I am derping majorly right now

I assume you run windows?

Just follow the steps Smiley , modem options is available in control panel. These are all the proper steps to accomplish what you need without fancy extra software.
Looks like that may use a standard HSPA modem to connect, in which case it may be supported directly in Windows without needing to fiddle with the software from the broadband provider. Try disconnecting with the software app, then go to the Windows connections icon in the tray and check out the options. It should show up under the "Dial up and 3G" section, and there should be any number of ways to configure the device, including auto-reconnect options.

Yeah I can disconnect without going through the software, but on connect it asks for a bunch of settings that I have NFI about and I am going through the network settings and cannot find any mention of reconnect functionality

So you just need something that clicks the button when it says "Connect" ?  I should be able to do this easily...PM me with a link to the software if you don't mind.

Thanks

Ehhhh looking but yet to find

Without knowing the root cause (could be a disconnect command from the provider side) the simplest way to deal with this is scripting a mouse action with any of the many keyboard/mouse automation tools.

AutoHotKey tool is an option.

AutoIt is a bit more mature automation tool that allows COM and shell access, so that you can perform the mouse action only upon detection of no internet connectivity.

I'm going to write it in AutoIt, should be able to read the caption/text off the button.  Easy peasy.

Easy money if it works bro!
Hmm, 1second google search for your model brought up these results, if it works dont worry about the coins, this one is on me.

Go to Control Panel > Select Phone & Modems > Select the Required Modem > Go to Properties of that Modem > Select Advance TAB & insert Extra Initialization Command (AT+CGDCONT=1, "IP", "BSNLNET")
Press OK
Now Select Network Connections in Control Panel
Click on "Create new Network".
A wizard will start up. Click next.
Select "Connect to Internet". Click next.
Select "Set up my connection manually". Click next.
Select "Connect using a Dial-up Modem". Click next.
Select Your Modem. Click next.
ISP Name: (Any name could be written). Click next.
Phone Number: *99#. Click next.
Leave User Name, Password, and Confirm Password fields blank. Click next.
Click on "Add a shortcut to Desktop". Click on Finish.
Right click on the Dial-up connection and go to Properties
Select options Tab
In Redialing options
Change Redial attempts to 99
Change Time between Redials to 1 Sec.
Chnage Idle time before hanging up to never
Tick the Box which says Redial If line is dropped.

If you get error 619, make sure to check this:

Goto tools> options> general> select Ras (Modem) radio button in connection type and press Ok. Then connect the internet and it will automatically creates a Dial-up for you.

This sounds awesome (i'll still pay you) but you lost me at phone and modems... lol.... I feel like I am derping majorly right now
Activity: 406
Looks like that may use a standard HSPA modem to connect, in which case it may be supported directly in Windows without needing to fiddle with the software from the broadband provider. Try disconnecting with the software app, then go to the Windows connections icon in the tray and check out the options. It should show up under the "Dial up and 3G" section, and there should be any number of ways to configure the device, including auto-reconnect options.

Yeah I can disconnect without going through the software, but on connect it asks for a bunch of settings that I have NFI about and I am going through the network settings and cannot find any mention of reconnect functionality

So you just need something that clicks the button when it says "Connect" ?  I should be able to do this easily...PM me with a link to the software if you don't mind.

Thanks

Without knowing the root cause (could be a disconnect command from the provider side) the simplest way to deal with this is scripting a mouse action with any of the many keyboard/mouse automation tools.

AutoIt is a bit more mature automation tool that allows COM and shell access, so that you can perform the mouse action only upon detection of no internet connectivity.

I'm going to write it in AutoIt, should be able to read the caption/text off the button.  Easy peasy.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
Hmm, 1second google search for your model brought up these results, if it works dont worry about the coins, this one is on me.

Go to Control Panel > Select Phone & Modems > Select the Required Modem > Go to Properties of that Modem > Select Advance TAB & insert Extra Initialization Command (AT+CGDCONT=1, "IP", "BSNLNET")
Press OK
Now Select Network Connections in Control Panel
Click on "Create new Network".
A wizard will start up. Click next.
Select "Connect to Internet". Click next.
Select "Set up my connection manually". Click next.
Select "Connect using a Dial-up Modem". Click next.
Select Your Modem. Click next.
ISP Name: (Any name could be written). Click next.
Phone Number: *99#. Click next.
Leave User Name, Password, and Confirm Password fields blank. Click next.
Click on "Add a shortcut to Desktop". Click on Finish.
Right click on the Dial-up connection and go to Properties
Select options Tab
In Redialing options
Change Redial attempts to 99
Change Time between Redials to 1 Sec.
Chnage Idle time before hanging up to never
Tick the Box which says Redial If line is dropped.

If you get error 619, make sure to check this:

Goto tools> options> general> select Ras (Modem) radio button in connection type and press Ok. Then connect the internet and it will automatically creates a Dial-up for you.
Activity: 252
Inactive

Thanks

i think its a E173 huawei pretty much

eve: its not on the page you just linked

and PS guys, networking is not my strong point

Thanks

What's the model of the USB device ?

I've found this page http://help.optuszoo.com.au/help/wireless/wirelessbroadband/connected/usb

Thanks

rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh

Thanks
hello everyone,

I have a 1.5 BTC reward up for grabs to whomever can help solve my internet woes

First up, I am mining on a 3G mobile broadband connection. The place I am living in has no phoneline, but it has fixed electricity @ $10 a fortnight (hehe) so I am quite happy to stay

The problem is that I go to bed and wake up to find that all my hardware is offline, the single point of failure being a lost connection

I have considered an alarm on disconnect but honestly, i'd rather not be woken up every night along with waking up the neighbours with a blarring alarm (loud speakers)

So this is the software I am working with:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

now I basically wake up and have to click that damned connect button, there is no auto reconnect feature anywhere in the software, I am a computer programmer (out of work for like 3-4 years now though) so I can understand advanced concepts

I just want to be up 24/7! can anyone here help, pretty please with 1.5BTC on top?

cheers
Tom Lightspeed
Pages:
Jump to: