Pages:
Author

Topic: Internet Speed - page 2. (Read 1036 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
November 07, 2017, 07:56:17 AM
Luckily, the internet speed is not being used as the "total calculation" in cryptocurrency mining. If not, then many of the miners from 3rd world countries won't be able to compete with 1st world countries.
Activity: 630
Merit: 272
November 07, 2017, 05:38:52 AM
In the production of coins continued. The speed of the Internet connection does not matter. But very important is the price of electricity, the ability to connect to a reliable and powerful source of energy. The law of the country. Only mine by the looks attractive. This is actually a business that requires large investments and are difficult to predict. Think 100 times before investing money in this business.
Activity: 714
Merit: 531
November 07, 2017, 05:16:18 AM
How much speed is needed for which miner?
Is there a list or a calculater to see if the capacity is enough?
Actual we have a combined place with friends (5 x L3+ / 1 x D3 / 1 x R4 / 2 x IBelink).
Just want to know, if this could be too much for our actual speed. No exact date. Need to check when I am there again.
Please let me know, how we can calculate the needed capacity to choose, if we need a second connection to avoid reduction of profitability.
You do not need to have high speed internet connection you should have stable internet connection to continue function your mining site. The amount to mine is depending of hardware you have of course if you want fast and best result just buy the most powerful mining rigs and i can say that mining is one of the most expensive method of earning in bitcoin but this is one of the best source of bitcoin. And also just consider the electricity rate in your country because that is one of the problem to cut down your profit.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
November 07, 2017, 03:45:10 AM
I a friend of mine mined on mobile internet connection whit no problem (1 mbps). Only thing you have to look for is 24/7 to be online whit no interrupts. The speed doesn't matter.

Wow, you doesn't need 24/7 you only need internet to submit a solution and to take a new job
Activity: 24
November 07, 2017, 03:26:47 AM
I a friend of mine mined on mobile internet connection whit no problem (1 mbps). Only thing you have to look for is 24/7 to be online whit no interrupts. The speed doesn't matter.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
November 07, 2017, 03:16:16 AM
Actual we have a combined place with friends (5 x L3+ / 1 x D3 / 1 x R4 / 2 x IBelink).
Just want to know, if this could be too much for our actual speed. No exact date. Need to check when I am there again.
Please let me know, how we can calculate the needed capacity to choose, if we need a second connection to avoid reduction of profitability.

your Internet speed doesn't really affect on mining but also you need to have internet all mining time .

mining depend on your hardware tools more than internet speed so if you have high quality hardware and low internet speed (less than 1 MB and high than 100 KB) and other have fast internet with low quality hardware you will gain more than him .

just use filters to keep internet stable more than 100 KB range (unstable internet causes problems)
Activity: 476
Merit: 103
November 07, 2017, 03:04:18 AM
Yes speed matters for the mining because you have to be connected with internet 24*7. A simple speed can also work for mining there is no need of high speed internet, but if you are having a good hardware then it will be easy to you to do mining very effectively.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I will do wonder for YOU!!!
November 07, 2017, 02:54:31 AM
Internet speed doesn't affect your mining as far as know. Correct me if im wrong.
Your mining rig capabilty is which matters the most because this is where all process are done. Internet speed may not affect your mining. Base on my research, you can still mine even if your internet speed is 128 kbps to keep your mining going. Even on bandwidth,  mining doesnt really use huge bandwidth. But  your internet connection should be stable. You don't really need a very fast internet connection to mine. Fast internet connection will be worthless if it's not stable.

It is nice to know that internet speed is not a factor in mining.  So I guess even the cheapest subscription will do in so far as mining is concern.  Besides, I have not also find any article that internet speed can affect mining afterall.  So, this is just an eye opener here...
Activity: 560
Merit: 269
November 06, 2017, 08:23:58 AM
Internet speed doesn't affect your mining as far as know. Correct me if im wrong.
Your mining rig capabilty is which matters the most because this is where all process are done. Internet speed may not affect your mining. Base on my research, you can still mine even if your internet speed is 128 kbps to keep your mining going. Even on bandwidth,  mining doesnt really use huge bandwidth. But  your internet connection should be stable. You don't really need a very fast internet connection to mine. Fast internet connection will be worthless if it's not stable.
Activity: 49
November 06, 2017, 07:38:08 AM
Pages:
Jump to: