Pages:
Author

Topic: Introducing BitTicker - Bitcoin Clock [ Physical ] - page 3. (Read 3827 times)

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722
I would be interested if the software was open source, or at least if it was possible to be able to select more currency pairs (fiat & crypto) and from more exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
I'd be interested in it if it were twice the height with the second line able to be linked to say my blockchain.info account to show the combined total of all my wallets like the smartphone app does.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
A few questions:

- Will the firmware be upgradable in the future if Gox/Stamp/Coinbase go under/change APIs?
- Will the firmware be open such that I could modify it to display other things if I wanted to at some point?
- What's the expected runtime on a set of batteries?

I'm probably in for at least two.

Thanks for your questions.  None of these answers are 100% concrete but this is what you should expect.

-Yes.
-At some point - maybe.  As of now, we'll have to say no.
-Months
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
A few questions:

- Will the firmware be upgradable in the future if Gox/Stamp/Coinbase go under/change APIs?
- Will the firmware be open such that I could modify it to display other things if I wanted to at some point?
- What's the expected runtime on a set of batteries?

I'm probably in for at least two.
How many digits does the display has? Will it be enough for the future?  Wink

It can fit five figures well - six figures would be cramming it.

In the event BTC ever reach six figures, we will adapt the width.

Valid concern.
Activity: 50
How many digits does the display has? Will it be enough for the future?  Wink
Can we see pictures of the actual design prototype?

I'm very, very interested in this. Would look nice on my wall while I'm trading.

As stated in the first post our hardware engineer is currently working on it. The prototype is almost finished but the proprietary software is done. Physical pictures will be posted when we have our prototype. The pictures in the original post accurately represent what it will look like.

We are sorry - but can't wait to show pictures and let you pre-order!

How much is shipping? I'll order one tomorrow. Does it take batteries?

Yes it runs on batteries.  Shipping on the first 1,000 orders is covered by us. Tongue
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
+Pro Traders on LocalBitcoins.com

I'm very, very interested in this. Would look nice on my wall while I'm trading.

As stated in the first post our hardware engineer is currently working on it. The prototype is almost finished but the proprietary software is done. Physical pictures will be posted when we have our prototype. The pictures in the original post accurately represent what it will look like.

How much is shipping? I'll order one once the prototype images are shown displaying the actual product itself. Does it take batteries?

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
+Pro Traders on LocalBitcoins.com

Post is reserved for future usage.
We would like to introduce BitTicker.

BitTicker is a digital clock — but rather than showing the current time, it shows the current Bitcoin price measured against USD.

Pre-orders now available here.  Enter valid e-mail and shipping address.  All BitTickers will be sent to the shipping address provided.

Some cool features included in the BitTicker:

• Priced affordably at $29.99 (payable with Bitcoin!)
  • Options between MT.gox, Bitstamp, and Coinbase on the Ticker.
  • Simple to set-up.  Connect to WiFi and ready to go.
  • Updates every 3 seconds - uses as little bandwidth as physically possible.
  • Easy to mount on a wall - place it above a desktop and easily see the price live!

The proprietary software for BitTicker is completed and we recently acquired a hardware engineer and are finalizing the product (the hardware engineer will be done with his work in 5 days and we will be producing large amounts of BitTickers in 28 days.  Pre-orders will ship in 35 days).

Example of the BitTicker in an office:

The BitTicker is 24 inches wide and 10 inches tall (61 cm wide and 25.5 cm tall).

Pre-orders launch tomorrow.  If interested in purchasing many, or for any other business inquiries you can PM me.

We are very excited to get this off the ground running and appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: