Pages:
Author

Topic: Introducing Shrimpy - The easiest way to diversify your portfolio - page 2. (Read 437 times)

Activity: 276
Merit: 48
Hi Everyone,

We have been making some small adjustments to the application and will be updating the website with some more information. Also, if you would like to see a quick demo of the application, we have uploaded a brief video to our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Shrimpy-155583295172145/.

Since we got a couple of questions for clarification, I will try to answer a few of those questions.

How much does the application cost?
It is completely free, there is no fees or cost to download or use the application.

Do I make deposits through the Shrimpy application?
No, Shrimpy interfaces directly with exchanges. Currently we support Bittrex and Poloniex (we are looking into adding additional exchanges). You must make deposits through these exchanges and then input your API keys into Shrimpy. After you do this, you will be able to see your balance in Shrimpy and balance your portfolio through the application.

What is portfolio rebalancing?
Rebalancing is a strategy which is used to readjust the weightings of a portfolio. By periodically buying or selling coins in the portfolio, the original coin percents for each allocation is maintained. For example, say the original target coin allocation was 50% BTC and 50% ETH. If Bitcoin performed well during the period, it could have increased it's coin weight in the portfolio to 70%. In order to get the portfolio back to the original balance of 50% BTC and 50% ETH, 20% of the BTC holdings will be traded for ETH.

Do I need to set a rebalancing period?
No, you are not required to set a rebalancing period. You are welcome to use the application without rebalancing. It is also reasonable to use the rebalance button on the application to rebalance whenever you feel it is necessary. When you click the button that is in the middle of the allocation wheel, it will balance your portfolio immediately.

Can I see my balance in BTC instead of USDT?
Yes, in order to switch between seeing your portfolio in USDT and BTC, simply click the value you see at the top of your screen to toggle between USDT and BTC. This will change all of the values and percentages in the app to reference BTC instead of USDT. The application defaults to USDT.

Please let us know what you think of the application, we would love to hear your feedback. Also, if there are any features you would like to see, we would be happy to discuss those options!

Thanks,
The Shrimpy Team
Activity: 276
Merit: 48
Hi Everyone,

Our team is back with another application we would like to share with you. We got some great feedback from the release of the free Crabby trading bot. If you haven't gotten a chance to check it out, you can find it at http://crabby.io/.

One of the most important things we noticed when developing the trading bot application was the high barrier to entry. Many users thought it was confusing at times and too much work to maintain their strategies. We came to understand that many users want something that is both easy to use and understand. This lead to the development of Shrimpy which is essentially an abbreviated version of Crabby with only one strategy. This is the auto rebalancing strategy. Simply select which coins you would like to have in your portfolio, indicate what percentage of each coin you want to maintain, and input how frequently you want your portfolio to rebalance. The application will do the rest for you. It's as easy as that.

You can download the application at http://shrimpy.io/.

Please let us know if you have any comments or questions. We are looking forward to continuing development on Shrimpy and expanding the functionality.

Happy Investing,

The Shrimpy Team
Pages:
Jump to: