Pages:
Author

Topic: Introduction - 126 GPU & 13 ASics - Help with Massive heat & ventilation problem - page 2. (Read 619 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
thanks for your reply's guys

i have brought in an evaporative ac to rated at 12000 cfm. I was able to turn off 3 ac's from 5 and the average temperature is around 65 degrees at 70% fan speed. problem this pulled alot of dust. i need to do a major cleanup + add filters for the fresh air.

I will upload some photo's of the setup soon and would like to hear your feedback.

Activity: 48
Evaporative cooling is limited to a ceiling of about 95F, really falls off after that. Probably best to get them out of your house and into a purpose made shed. Put it on your roof or a garage or an outbuilding made for that purpose.

You can also add insulating materials around the door to help with the noise.

But yeah, more airflow. Even at 47C there is still a large temperature difference to your GPUs and ASICs. Turn off the A/C, increase air flow. Consider purpose built structure outside with massive airflow.
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 101
Math doesn't care what you believe.
I will try the evaporative cooling part.

can you please elaborate more on what you mean by bumping the airflow?

thanks

You used 250 cfm/miner, recommend 300 cfm.
I will try the evaporative cooling part.

can you please elaborate more on what you mean by bumping the airflow?

thanks
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 101
Math doesn't care what you believe.
Evaporative cooling, presuming water is cheap, would be a good option.  Yahoo does this on some of their data centers.

Would also suggest bumping that air flow.  I run my datacenter based on 300 cfm/miner (combined flow between the 2 fans) and it works out reasonably well.
HA

wont leave UAE anytime soon haha.

Activity: 558
Merit: 295
Walter Russell's Cosmogony is RIGHT!
Hello Guys,

I have a 126 GPU farm that was cooled by 5 split ac's 2 ton each  (total 10 ton capacity). I recently added 13 antminer s9i and the following is what happened

1. Without a room for the antminers the ambient temperature for the mining room became 41 degree celsius with all 5 ac's on.
2. The room that i use for mining is 8m x 5m x 3.8m (LxWxH)
3. outside temperature reach to 47 degrees in UAE
4. Fresh air intake without cooling wont work.
5. my dream is to turn off all ac's

My attempt to resolve the problem is as follows

-I built a room (Hot isle) for the antminers that included a window (I just put partition from gipson board on the back of the rack and the back wall is a window. I also put a gibson board on the back of the rack with holes for the 120cm exhaust fans and sealed it. However the exhaust air is removed from the window using a 2600cfm HD exhaust fan -(200cfm per miner x 13)
-I built a hot isle for the GPU rigs and i figured i need 250cfm per 13 gpu rig with total capacity of 2200cfm. Put 2 inline fans in series with 12" ducting for total capacity  of 2200cfm

Problem:

-the antminers and the exhaust fans now take all the air from the room and is alot of air is coming from the door edges and alot of air noises in my house etc.
-I have a total of 4800 cfm of air being exhausted

My questions
-Will an evaporative AC with high cfm be a good option since our humidity level is at 30-40% in Abu Dhabi (build a room inside mining room with an evaporative ac inside with the window open and a dehumidifier - the outlet for air from the evaporative ac will be the only thing exposed from the room pointing towards the rigs and antminers) or Duct option
-what other options i have to bring in cool 4800 cfm of fresh air

thanks for the help,. I will post pictures soon

Pages:
Jump to: