Pages:
Author

Topic: Inverse Cramer Strikes Again - page 3. (Read 592 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1108
January 04, 2024, 02:50:40 AM
Funny how a guy with so many failed predictions is so popular. That's probably why there are a lot of people who enjoy watching him.
It’s that simple,
He’s got the nerve to take his predictions to the mainstream, to the media and he’s bold enough to say it yet again and for a second/third time. He’s always out there saying things and people are out there listening. Even still, people have built a correlation to his prediction in an inverse relationship after a move towards what he had said.

We can’t always expect all that falls off his mouth to be false and even now, I don’t believe he has had he’s say on Bitcoin based on what he knows or out of his own complete thought on the innovation but, an outburst based on what’s been perceived and this time, he just might be right and buy himself some more listeners.
Activity: 784
Merit: 589
January 04, 2024, 01:30:54 AM
 Well, he's not been known as "Mad money" for nothing! Anything to make the dough. Truth is, he himself knows some of this sayings rarely hold water and it's sad that there's investors who take him seriously. From research made it shows he makes his money from hosting two shows on CNBC, profit made from his old hedge fund,  surprisingly having an investment club and also selling investment books and being paid just to make speeches; so one can understand why he makes this God awful predictions! It's just for the cash.
 I feel he garners much viewership simply because his viewers don't really know anything about effective market hypothesis cause I doubt one would bother to sit in on such shows except for the laughs.

Cramer has a lot of insider investor knowledge but one has to be careful when these guys share their secrets to success stories with the public.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
January 04, 2024, 01:20:25 AM
He actually made a prediction like 2 weeks ago and it was also before bitcoin hit $45K and was sent down to $41K. And after this tweet of his, I also got nervous and was hoping he wouldn’t be wrong but a few hours later it was proven he was wrong as usual.

I don’t understand why he has such a bad track record. Only reason I can think of is that people watch his show, they buy the stocks he picks and then it causes price to go up a little and then all the smart money gets out then because he tweeted or mentions the stock on his show.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
January 04, 2024, 01:14:17 AM
There are many more examples. I remember when I was still buying individual stocks talking about how well AT&T was doing and how safe the dividend was, shortly before the board of directors announced the dividend cut (after 35 years of consecutive raises). After that he went on a rant against the board, logically. Funny how a guy with so many failed predictions is so popular. That's probably why there are a lot of people who enjoy watching him.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
January 03, 2024, 11:29:08 PM
High probability of Bitcoin Spot ETF approval is like 90% just rumor.
Possible rejection of Bitcoin Spot ETF applications from MatrixPort article is only rumor.

People love rumor but they forget that "Buy the rumor, sell the news".

A magic principle for them in Bitcoin market is, ignore news, buy and hold your bitcoin in your wallet. Time will help you get profit when you are not affected by rumor, news.

I don't think that's what "rumor" means at all. A person thinking something will happen/not happen is an opinion; and just like both of those, they're just opinions by these "analysts". Just like us thinking that bitcoin will go up in the future is an opinion, not a "rumor".
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1018
January 03, 2024, 11:07:55 PM
To be fair though, what he said wasn't necessarily even that bullish, just on the scale of 6/10 in terms of bullishness.

Pretty scary how close the timing was with the recent cascading liquidation event though, that was presumably started by the MatrixPort article.
High probability of Bitcoin Spot ETF approval is like 90% just rumor.
Possible rejection of Bitcoin Spot ETF applications from MatrixPort article is only rumor.

People love rumor but they forget that "Buy the rumor, sell the news".

A magic principle for them in Bitcoin market is, ignore news, buy and hold your bitcoin in your wallet. Time will help you get profit when you are not affected by rumor, news.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
🙏🏼Padayon...🙏
January 03, 2024, 10:48:35 PM
This man is funny and entertaining. It's hard to take him seriously. That his predictions are the exact opposite of what's to come makes his presence and statements light and bearable. And for this skeptic to finally say something positive about Bitcoin just before the price plunged made him a lot easier to handle.

But I don't think he's playing with the market. I don't think he's carefully weighing his words because he's got positions and he's trying to manipulate its volatility. I guess it isn't intentional. All is most likely coincidental. He also mentioned those pro-Bitcoin words seemingly in passing. He's probably just an unlucky man who got most of his predictions wrong. He's a jinx.

Also, if we take his words as the opposite of what's to happen, rather than a spot ETF rejection, there would be an approval. Right before he mentioned that Bitcoin can't be killed, he actually predicted that there won't be an ETF.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
January 03, 2024, 10:26:19 PM
To be fair though, what he said wasn't necessarily even that bullish, just on the scale of 6/10 in terms of bullishness.

Pretty scary how close the timing was with the recent cascading liquidation event though, that was presumably started by the MatrixPort article.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 7986
January 03, 2024, 10:10:46 PM
Going all the way back to 2008, "Mad Money" Jim Cramer has perfected the craft of being an unironic reverse indicator. Yesterday he managed to do it again; except this time it was for our beloved Bitcoin.

"This thing is... you can't kill it," said Cramer on CNBC yesterday. "It's a reality and its a technological marvel and I think people have to start recognizing that its here to stay."

The comments led to a near-immediate drop of over 8% in the price of BTC. It has since recovered slightly and is now down about 5.5% over the last 24 hours. The drop was likely due to people anticipating some kind of even bigger drop because of some kind of information known only by Cramer and those who told it to him.

How does Inverse Cramer work? The thinking is that he manipulates his audience into becoming exit liquidity for himself and/or the firms/individuals he deals with behind the scenes. These entities sell into the FOMO created by Cramer's recommendations, or buy in the case he is telling his audience to sell.

The earliest and most famous example of this phenomenon occurred in early 2008, when he assured his audience that Bear Stearns, one of the biggest real estate brokerage firms was not going under, despite clear warning signs that the housing bubble was beginning to pop.

Just a few of the other ridiculously wrong calls he's made:

- fading Tesla's IPO at $17 a share
- predicting a probe into Coinbase in July 2022 which he said was "very bad news" (the stock went up 50% a week later)
- in June 2021, he said Bitcoin was doomed "because of structural reasons" (price reached an ATH of $69k in Nov.)
- in Feb 2023, he recommended buying Silicon Valley Bank -- it collapsed weeks later

He also frequently makes several suspiciously-timed wrong calls about the same stock, yet for some reason anybody keeps taking him seriously:

This Twitter account chronicles all the times Cramer blew it... They have over 6,000 posts:

https://twitter.com/CramerTracker

So what do you think? Does Cramer's endorsement of Bitcoin mean something terrible is about to happen? ETFs rejected or delayed, institutions pulling out? Or is it all just a superstition?
Pages:
Jump to: