Pages:
Author

Topic: Invest your money wisely - another lesson, Techie tries to suicide. - page 3. (Read 690 times)

Activity: 2828
Merit: 673
Apparently, the person in the story is newbie who flouted the laws of investment especially crypto investment. He even used loan, his mother's pension and other moneis he knew he couldn't afford to lose and poured it into crypto. I can bet that the so-called crypto he invested the money into was a shit coin. Well, I am glad he didn't died. People must educate themseves about cryptocurrency before delving into it. It is high risk. Avoid using money you cannot afford to lose. Join a community and ask all the questions you have about it before you invest. And if it is not bitcoin tread with extreme caution.

That is commonly the problem for newbies these days as they invest with high greed, with the intention of making them rich instantly without assessing theirselves if they are knowledgeable enough on the investment and if they’re investing an amount they can afford to lose. As long as it’s crypto, regardless if it’s shitcoins, they will dare to take risks believing that crypto will never disappoint them and will always give them massive profits. Good thing this newbie in the news failed to commit suicide as he was saved quickly by the police officers. But if ever if he had push through it, just imagine what will his mother feels being left alone, and to think that she might be struggling to recover her pension funds which was  gone so quickly.
Activity: 798
Merit: 117
It's just a sad story that we read here on this topic. So it is really necessary to use our capital correctly here in the crypto business industry. Such a situation will not happen if we only know how to be careful and become critical of what we see here in reality.
So let's not let money control us, instead we should control it so that we don't end up with bad results. Where it supposed to be end with a blessings instead for us.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
I wonder how he took such a big risk at such a young age. He probably invested in various coins other than Bitcoin. Here he invested with debt and probably lost the investment. He was completely disoriented when lenders pressed for loans. Finding no means, he finally took the path of suicide. I think he was advised to invest by other means, he did not invest in his own thoughts.

Finally every person should be careful never to take loan for investment. People should learn from this so that they never make such mistakes. So that he does not push his life towards suicide. Because every person's life has a price, this life must be enjoyed and suicide cannot be chosen so easily.
“Money is a great servant but a bad master.” Francis Bacon. This is a clear example of someone that tried to lord over money, did not knew what he was doing and now money rules over his life.

What he did was incredibly risky, as he asked for the money of other people, asked for loans and even used the pension from his mother, then everything exploded on his face and he found no other solution but to end his life, I am glad he was saved but it is not an exaggeration to say his life is ruined due to his excessive greed.
Activity: 994
Merit: 441
This news is from the IT Hub of India, that is Kolkata. The Techie who is just 23 years old had invested a big amount of money in the Crypto space. The investment when asked him was around INR 30 lakh ~ $ 36,600 in US dollars. That is a definitely huge amount considering his age and country of residence. Even in America, 36K USD is pretty handsome money and you can do many things with it.

So the gravity of this can be sensed easily.

He was saved by the Cops after a local Cab driver alerted the police and the response team was at the incident quickly.

He was trying to jump from the largest bridge on the river named "Hooghly" to end his life.

The investment was not his alone but he collected the money from various sources. He took loans and also was using the pension from his mother. Definitely, he had no plans and no idea what he was doing.

Just save up your bitcoins in cold storage, only buy what you can afford to lose and most importantly don't fall for the traps of crypto space.
Bitcoin is the only savior in crypto and if you own the keys, you win the market.

Read the news here:Techie loses Rs 30 lakh in crypto market, tries to jump off  ..

I wonder how he took such a big risk at such a young age. He probably invested in various coins other than Bitcoin. Here he invested with debt and probably lost the investment. He was completely disoriented when lenders pressed for loans. Finding no means, he finally took the path of suicide. I think he was advised to invest by other means, he did not invest in his own thoughts.

Finally every person should be careful never to take loan for investment. People should learn from this so that they never make such mistakes. So that he does not push his life towards suicide. Because every person's life has a price, this life must be enjoyed and suicide cannot be chosen so easily.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
This news is from the IT Hub of India, that is Kolkata. The Techie who is just 23 years old had invested a big amount of money in the Crypto space. The investment when asked him was around INR 30 lakh ~ $ 36,600 in US dollars. That is a definitely huge amount considering his age and country of residence. Even in America, 36K USD is pretty handsome money and you can do many things with it.

So the gravity of this can be sensed easily.

He was saved by the Cops after a local Cab driver alerted the police and the response team was at the incident quickly.

He was trying to jump from the largest bridge on the river named "Hooghly" to end his life.

The investment was not his alone but he collected the money from various sources. He took loans and also was using the pension from his mother. Definitely, he had no plans and no idea what he was doing.

Just save up your bitcoins in cold storage, only buy what you can afford to lose and most importantly don't fall for the traps of crypto space.
Bitcoin is the only savior in crypto and if you own the keys, you win the market.

Read the news here:Techie loses Rs 30 lakh in crypto market, tries to jump off  ..

You would really be definitely be ending up on this situation if you do put yourself into a very deep debt just because on what you have done. You cant just be that too confident when you do make out investment and be careless since we are talking a huge money on here specially if you do live on a country where these amounts are really indeed significant. The worst part is that these amounts or money accumulated do came from different person which means that you do added up more problem into one problem because they would really be hunting you down and telling and asking onto their funds which it would be a normal approach.
If ever these money or amounts been invested on Bitcoin itself or some top altcoins in the market then i wont really be seeing this as a huge problem.

I will keep this thread open for few more days. I think it’s for the hood lesson and also for those who are new in the crypto world. Mostly everyone is not thinking straight when investing in crypto. The new comers specially wants to be millionaire overnight so they would go and invest any amount they could and it could be from lenders money or family savings. Better yet, plan and execute your trades in the crypto all time.

I think most of the replies agree with the sentiment that’s made. Hope so this teaches everyone a good lesson.

Better lock it now, considering it is already that 4 page then its impossible that you arent been able to see or read up on what you do love to hear off.
In overall i  do agree that if you are that someone who doesnt really have much idea about investment then it wouldnt really be costing you too much
time on making up some research first before proceeding so that you would be able to avoid up these possibilities.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228
I just saw this news today. It is quite unfortunate. It reminds me of 2017 - 18 where bitcoin touched 22k level and a whole new group of investors rush to buy 8t even using the credit card loan. Majority of them had to pay out of their pocket until recently. Taking loan and owning such a volatile asset like bitcoin is totally wrong.

Unpopular opinion, but bitcoin will be blamed for this incident and commercial banks will use this story in their favour soon.
This is the outcome if one invest from taking a loan or from using pension funds. As crypto investment takes a lot of risks, how much more if you chose to invest in those shitcoins that are only promising at first but eventually lost their value in the long run. The incident is very unfortunate, but let’s say that he is responsible for his own action. If he only chose bitcoin in the first place, his investment will never end up like this. But I believe his decision also taught him a lesson, and for everyone here who plan to invest for quick profits.

Even bitcoin has risk and its really up to the user on how he can handle his investment since if he go on things unarmed with knowledge for sure the same faith will still happen to him. Much better for those newbie investor is to seek for more reliable information so even if they decide to invest on more risky investment they know how the play the game and earn with it.

But also what's more important is never take a loan just to invest on crypto because it will pile up the stress which you can't possibly handle in long run.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
I just saw this news today. It is quite unfortunate. It reminds me of 2017 - 18 where bitcoin touched 22k level and a whole new group of investors rush to buy 8t even using the credit card loan. Majority of them had to pay out of their pocket until recently. Taking loan and owning such a volatile asset like bitcoin is totally wrong.

Unpopular opinion, but bitcoin will be blamed for this incident and commercial banks will use this story in their favour soon.
This is the outcome if one invest from taking a loan or from using pension funds. As crypto investment takes a lot of risks, how much more if you chose to invest in those shitcoins that are only promising at first but eventually lost their value in the long run. The incident is very unfortunate, but let’s say that he is responsible for his own action. If he only chose bitcoin in the first place, his investment will never end up like this. But I believe his decision also taught him a lesson, and for everyone here who plan to invest for quick profits.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 647
Just responding due to subjects of the thread, invest is something we have think otherwise before going into investment because I believe that in investment human need to be extremely careful before it invest, secondly invest what you afford to loss, that's while it's encouraging to ensure that you use your spare money to invest in a platform you know quite well you have not mastered since you really want to take the risks.
Investment has its certain risk especially if we are placing huge amount of capital. That is why we need to look for potential investments that have high probability of winning despite of the risk it brings. I could sense maybe he was tempted to invest in shitcoins and just immediately invest a lot of funds without making prior researches at first. Obviously the greed is so high for him. Hope this could bring a lesson for everyone to never invest because of greed, invest because you know your investments well. And in case you never know, only invest if you are prepared to lose, as investments not all the time guarantee profits.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 227
I will keep this thread open for few more days. I think it’s for the good lesson and also for those who are new in the crypto world. Mostly everyone is not thinking straight when investing in crypto. The new comers specially wants to be millionaire overnight so they would go and invest any amount they could and it could be from lenders money or family savings. Better yet, plan and execute your trades in the crypto all time.

I think most of the replies agree with the sentiment that’s made. Hope so this teaches everyone a good lesson.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Don't invest at all when you don't have any idea about what you're investing, in this case the young person invested in some crypto scheme but in reality there is no such scheme only possible way is to buy low and sell high so we need to get the custody of assets on our own cause that's the nature of the asset from this we can conclude that he just jumped into trap after hearing the lucrative offer.

Everyone keep remember one thing making money isn't that easy and if it's that much easier someone will be waiting for others to join in their money making career.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514

Hardly an investment. Sounds like the guy was gambling and lost. Likewise I feel compelled to ridicule the guy for being foolish but the reality is he isn't the only one and he's dealing with enough grief as it is. Lot of people lost money during the crypto bubble in 2021 and they were normal, prudent people, that were captured by FOMO. Grim to think about, but I'm sure that crash led to some suicides with people having torched their savings.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 254
Money is a very important thing, so we must always do in-depth analysis when we want to invest, don't be too easy to believe in investments that promise high profits, usually high profits use ponzi schemes so that the investment will become a scam.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1175
The youth told us that he had invested around Rs 30 lakh in the cryptocurrency market and lost the money.

Well, I don't like to see this kind of explanation... it's silly to say "in the cryptocurrency market" when the crypto market is really huge. People should be really careful when investing, but some people invest in some obvious scams, and they don't follow the simple rule "Never invest more than you can afford to lose". Especially in risky stuff that promises high (in some cases enormous) returns, and all that in no time.

We can see it as another lesson, and for sure it is for people who are ready to spend some time researching and reading before they get into investing in crypto projects.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
That is a very sad news. Yes I agree that we need to invest our money wisely. Before investing in crypto currencies do an extensive research, study the chart and think so many times before investing. We should invest only what we can afford to loose. Do not invest all what you have in one investment. Suicidal attempt is not the answer if you had a failed your investment. Think of other ways to be able to recover from loosing. Loosing of investment does not mean it is the end of your life. Think of the people who loves and appreciates you, make them as an inspiration to get back on track. 
Activity: 1428
Merit: 252
With investment, we have the opportunity to get big profits, unfortunately many people do not care about this, they prefer to spend money on things that are useless, for example changing mobile phones, buying new cars and so on, if we don't invest immediately then we will regret it .
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Apparently, the person in the story is newbie who flouted the laws of investment especially crypto investment. He even used loan, his mother's pension and other moneis he knew he couldn't afford to lose and poured it into crypto. I can bet that the so-called crypto he invested the money into was a shit coin.
When he's started to ask loan from whoever it was, that's when it's gotta be the sign that he's doing a wrong thing. He's hyped I guess for that project which he's invested in. This what happens when someone invests to emotion and not with knowledge first.

Well, I am glad he didn't died. People must educate themseves about cryptocurrency before delving into it. It is high risk. Avoid using money you cannot afford to lose. Join a community and ask all the questions you have about it before you invest. And if it is not bitcoin tread with extreme caution.
That's what we can be happy for him but then I wish him to recover from this devastating experience because it's too much for him. And that has affected his mind with the mistakes that he has committed. It's not the end of the line and he can always start again, now he should be responsible to pay his debt first before having another a good start.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 655
This is an example of an investor that invested in crypto without knowledge about this. This will imply the importance of why should spend more time knowing more about the crypto space if we have the plan to put money here and stop believing promising words. It is to keep in mind that this a risky investment and a single mistake that we made will cause losses. It was advisable as we are still learning about crypto, we just put in a small amount and gradually increase our investment if we fully understand this and if also we know the safety precautions needed.
Even having a knowledge wouldnt assure that you would really be avoiding some situations where greed is mainly been controlling which you do end up on making out decisions which is something that it isnt really that worth anymore or something risky on which you do really make yourself that put in danger. On the time that you would be financially be wrecked up then you would really be having that kind of thoughts
on suiciding to solve up all the problems you do have. This is why if you dont like to end up miserable or on an condition which you are on life threatening then you should avoid
on taking up a loan or making use of others money.
Activity: 2016
Merit: 575
Something not so far from this happened in Turkey back in bull period, some people just take way too much risk and they end up not finding any other way out. I can't believe that they would do something that has the risk of dying. Like if you are right, that's great, but if you are wrong then you rather die than live being wrong? That is an option I rather not take if I can help it. Imagine a scenario where they tell you "you will have a million dollars or you will die", would you even consider it? That just doesn't make sense, sure we joke around about some stuff but I feel like it shouldn't even be a possibility. People should read this and learn a very valuable lesson about life from this for sure. Never bite bigger than you can chew.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

This story let us learn that we shouldn't touch other people's money or collect people's money after encouraging them to invest in something.  Not because it works for us one time, it will be a sure thing for the second time.  Many scammers do this kind of tactic where they let us earn money first and when we are hooked into it and invest more money, they go missing running with the funds collected from unsuspecting investors.

This is an example of an investor that invested in crypto without knowledge about this. This will imply the importance of why should spend more time knowing more about the crypto space if we have the plan to put money here and stop believing promising words. It is to keep in mind that this a risky investment and a single mistake that we made will cause losses. It was advisable as we are still learning about crypto, we just put in a small amount and gradually increase our investment if we fully understand this and if also we know the safety precautions needed.
Many might ended up on this situation if they continue to become greedy.
They are looking for an easy way to get rich when in fact this market is not a place for that not unless you want to get scammed where they offer a get rich scheme easily. Investing is very risky if you don’t know what you are doing, there is no shortcut here and you should do your best to learn everything before you go all in with your investments and make sure to have other source of income as well to be more financially free.

Not all people who get into this mess are greedy.  Others are just trying to help their friends relatives and known people to have the same profitable experience but alas, often times these kinds of guys are caught unaware and got scammed by the company he trusted along with the money collected from others.

The fact that the guy did not hide but instead wanted to commit suicide means he doesn't have an intention of scamming those people.  Sadly he never does his research that deep or too naive to think that investing and trading is as eassy as he thinks.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 357
Many might ended up on this situation if they continue to become greedy.
They are looking for an easy way to get rich when in fact this market is not a place for that not unless you want to get scammed where they offer a get rich scheme easily. Investing is very risky if you don’t know what you are doing, there is no shortcut here and you should do your best to learn everything before you go all in with your investments and make sure to have other source of income as well to be more financially free.
Pages:
Jump to: