Pages:
Author

Topic: Investigation Complete of Instamines and Fastmines for almost every top alt coin - page 11. (Read 12004 times)

Activity: 370
Merit: 251
Did you even read the article? I actually take down that false dichotomy and point out that the coins with accidental fastmines are less of a concern for an investor. They are still problematic, but I break down the concern of instamines into three choices; obviously dangerous investments, questionable investments, and okay investments based purely on how fast the coins were mined.

I realize you are a miner, so this may not reach you, but it's important to non mining investors that the coin isn't slanted too much towards the miners. Since you think my writing is childish, please comment on the following coins I discuss...

-Blackcoin's 40 million coin creation in 3 days (proved using their blockchain). Blackcoin has around 75 million coins in existence today, representing more than 50% coin generation in 3 days.

-Darkcoin splurge-spawned 1.6 million coins within 8 hours of its start (proved using their blockchain). There are 4.31 million DRK in existence today.

-Mintcoin's ridiculous 700 million coins for ONE BLOCK at its start (proved using their blockchain)

...Plus more funny business completely unrelated to whether or not a coin has KGW.

Your TL;DR is way off. But I realize why you are pissed; I am going after the miners who make money of poor chums that come to invest, only to hold the bag after. If you mine coins without regard to how the coin is structured and the MO, in my opinion you are not different than the chumps on Wall Street who use HFT algorithms to leech money out of the market. Crypto currencies should fend off the leeches, not make room for them. These coins deserved to be called out. If you don't want to address them point by point and just pull the "expert miner" card, so be it. I will continue to write and inform other investors of some basic information.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Oh look, it's the same guy who doesn't know anything about cryptocurrency history reposting his bogus analysis once again.  While some coins in the list are indeed flat out scams (goldcoin), the author fails to acknowledge that Kimoto Gravity Well is a fairly new addition to coins and wasn't a part of most coins at launch date.  Any coin that released without KGW will have a distribution curve that looks similar to the one from Litecoin, ie: frontloaded, which the author claims is a scam.

This is such a childish analysis that fails to take into account even Bitcoin itself still uses this difficulty adjustment mechanism, so if Bitcoin was to relaunch today, that's exactly what it's distribution would look like, front loaded.

The TLDR version of your post, is basically claiming if a coin didn't have KGW from day 1, then it's a scam.  Only problem is, any coin over a couple months old most likely didn't.  Original poster is completely clueless about crypto history.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
Lots of good clear information there! Also, thank you for the little mention of the NobleCoin .pdf.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053
Free spirit
Activity: 370
Merit: 251
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins

How does your coin stack up when you look at their mining starts?

Coins discussed in this article...All the top alt coins except the second gen coins like Mastercoin, ripple, etc.

Bitcoin
Maxcoin
Namecoin
Blackcoin
Darkcoin
Mintcoin
Vertcoin
Peercoin
Primecoin
Litecoin
Infinitecoin
Megacoin
Worldcoin
Feathercoin
Bitbar
Goldcoin
Novacoin
Dogecoin
Quark
Zetacoin
ybcoin

basic mining data from the blockchain and from www.cryptometer.org were used to assess the fairness or scamminess of these coins. Obviously more information is needed to make a decision before investing, but this can be a big portion of your decision.

This needs to be spread around. Link to it if you like it!
Pages:
Jump to: