Pages:
Author

Topic: Investing 1$ every day in bitcoin over the last five years - page 4. (Read 5006 times)

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1150
It is a great idea it is like saving in a piggy bank for a kid but for us adult it is a great investment we could also teach this kind of things to kids nowadays.
This could really help them in the future I would try this or do it on other crypto as well save small money in crypto and hold it till you need it,
Instead of wasting my money on vices why not put it in crypto it would help me and my family in the long run.
Most of us can only admit it after someone has managed to do it consistently. But in reality we ourselves are not so sure that we can do it consistently. This is a high risk investment. Even though the amount is only $1 per day but it will be a lot if done for 5 years and not many people can survive the price volatility of bitcoin itself for 5 years.
I believe that bitcoin is one of the profitable investment instrument, but not a few people lose due to high price volatility and some of them lose because they cant survive. Confidence and consistency play an important role in the investment system.
Activity: 540
Merit: 252
It is a great idea it is like saving in a piggy bank for a kid but for us adult it is a great investment we could also teach this kind of things to kids nowadays.
This could really help them in the future I would try this or do it on other crypto as well save small money in crypto and hold it till you need it,
Instead of wasting my money on vices why not put it in crypto it would help me and my family in the long run.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
A strategy like this might be good, but it must change the value of the investment to be made. For example, by investing on a weekly or monthly basis with a total of $ 50- $ 100, that would be better. But don't just invest, buying at the right time and always reading the market conditions is very important to do. Don't invest when the market is experiencing FOMO and prices are always high, wait for a correction to occur and it's time for you to buy and invest.
Not really necessary for a long term investor, who is planning to invest very small weekly or month for years with to much expectation in the middle.If we are waiting for the right time and are having the strategies and analysis then we could be called as a trader.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 425
Cashback 15%
haha. Invest $ 1 per day in bitcoin but who can sell it to you in such small amounts, if investing $ 30 per month sounds better than $ 1 per day.
The great idea that the next 5 years bitcoin will go to the moon and the profitable is x5-x10. If you can't get to the moon then at least there won't be any further discount. A great investment and no loss in the meantime.
Exactly so, investing $ 1 per day in bitcoin is not reasonable as the transaction costs can be much greater than $ 1.
Unless the banks allow an investor to deposit money and convert them into bitcoin. That would be an interesting kind of service if it happened.
Investing weekly or monthly is better than daily. In 5 years, it will probably be a highly profitable investment.
Banks will not accept this service. They only accept FIAT money or maybe in the future, they accept Bitcoin instead of FIAT. There has never been a fiat to Bitcoin conversion service, they bear transaction fees, and providing an asset like bitcoin means they are at a loss. Bitcoin is scarce and cash is not, remember that.
Investing directly $1 per day into bitcoin is not anymore feasible today, transaction fee is really high, things have change a lot as the price have increase a lot also. The best way is just to invest in a semi annual or in annual basis, you can save from the fees as you will only transact ones or twice a year.

For the meantime, hold that fiat value or deposit in your bank, in our bank, there's no fee for deposit but if you will deposit $1 per day, that would take time and effort either doing it online or going directly to the bank.

Totally agree, Buying every day with 1$ is going to cost you a big amount of fees, you might probably find a platform to easily buy or convert your fiat money to bitcoin easily without paying a higher fee.

Investing your money in bitcoin or going all out when the market price is low is a better move than investing daily, also bitcoin market is pretty volatile with that investing at low and then selling when the market price high could make profit easily, Just sell when the market is pumping and then always invest or buy when the market is a dump to no miss any potential profit.

Still investing in bitcoin basing in the statistics would still make a profit if you just sell it at the right time.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 402
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
In my case, as a freelance graphic designer that accepts crypto. I do save the every 5% of my salary or every project in my bitcoin paper wallet. This is for my family and for my kid's educational fund in the next decade. I believe this is far better than investing in banks.

I definitely agree with you. Because when you invest in banks, there is a stable interest rate. When the interest rate increases, you must take your money from the deposit account and reinvest it to use the new interest rate for that money. But in Bitcoin, the situation is completely the opposite. When Bitcoin goes very high or start a bull run, the profit can be sky-high depending on the amount of money you invested in and you don't even need to do anything extra with your money to benefit from the rise.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
In my case, as a freelance graphic designer that accepts crypto. I do save the every 5% of my salary or every project in my bitcoin paper wallet. This is for my family and for my kid's educational fund in the next decade. I believe this is far better than investing in banks.

Absolutely a good idea. I lost interest in saving from the banks, once I had savings account and became dormant for 6 months. I was surprised when I tried to withdraw my remaining balance and it turns out to be almost empty. Charging you for having a dormant account is just a terrible idea.
So, as of now I'm doing the savings and long term investment to my cold wallet. Since I don't have a plan to have loans in the banks either.

its actually a good idea investing in Bitcoin where you have no much charges such ATM maintainance fee,Stamp duty fee,no tax levy, withdrawal error transaction etc. its better  here because many atimes banks can be annoying turning you around, telling you to come back after 7 working days after complaining.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1721
MrStork Exchange Service
Right now to invest $ 1 a day is certainly not possible and will not be possible. as said by some of the people above me who have commented that $ 1 is a very small number and the transaction fee to buy bitcoin will be more or more than $ 1.

A strategy like this might be good, but it must change the value of the investment to be made. For example, by investing on a weekly or monthly basis with a total of $ 50- $ 100, that would be better. But don't just invest, buying at the right time and always reading the market conditions is very important to do. Don't invest when the market is experiencing FOMO and prices are always high, wait for a correction to occur and it's time for you to buy and invest.
Activity: 98
from my findings over the years, bitcoin has been a profitable investment. so investing 1$ everyday in bitcoin from the last five till now considering the fast growth in bitcoin price would have yielded a good return by now and can garauntee financial freedom. in my case i started dealing with bitcoin late although its never late, this year i bought a small amount of bitcoin worth $6.25 and kept it in my wallet and just in few weeks the value increased and i was smiling. how much more if i do this for five years and more which means i will not only smile but laugh. so i encourage bitcoin investment no matter how small. i am a student and so this can help in times of savings too rather than spending the money on things that wont yield returns.
Activity: 359
Merit: 100
DCA is pretty interesting thing. If you will choose right asset for this then you will become rich pretty fast. Overwise, you will just slowly loose your money
Activity: 2800
Merit: 603
haha. Invest $ 1 per day in bitcoin but who can sell it to you in such small amounts, if investing $ 30 per month sounds better than $ 1 per day.
The great idea that the next 5 years bitcoin will go to the moon and the profitable is x5-x10. If you can't get to the moon then at least there won't be any further discount. A great investment and no loss in the meantime.
Exactly so, investing $ 1 per day in bitcoin is not reasonable as the transaction costs can be much greater than $ 1.
Unless the banks allow an investor to deposit money and convert them into bitcoin. That would be an interesting kind of service if it happened.
Investing weekly or monthly is better than daily. In 5 years, it will probably be a highly profitable investment.
Banks will not accept this service. They only accept FIAT money or maybe in the future, they accept Bitcoin instead of FIAT. There has never been a fiat to Bitcoin conversion service, they bear transaction fees, and providing an asset like bitcoin means they are at a loss. Bitcoin is scarce and cash is not, remember that.
Investing directly $1 per day into bitcoin is not anymore feasible today, transaction fee is really high, things have change a lot as the price have increase a lot also. The best way is just to invest in a semi annual or in annual basis, you can save from the fees as you will only transact ones or twice a year.

For the meantime, hold that fiat value or deposit in your bank, in our bank, there's no fee for deposit but if you will deposit $1 per day, that would take time and effort either doing it online or going directly to the bank.
Activity: 476
Merit: 12
Activity: 398
Merit: 10
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
Actually in country like mine?1$ is a Big amount to invest daily because that is 10% of our daily wages in which may affect the Budgeting daily.
But if you have at least sideline or outside job?
that is a great way of investing because while waiting for the adoption you are preparing from this 1$ investment daily.
Activity: 476
Merit: 12
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
I do not believe that this strategy works perfectly, but rather on the rise of btc, selling, awaiting retraction and price correction, after that return to invest!

Well, how are you really going to know how to do this exactly?  There are so many people who try to play around figuring out the BTC market and the price and they end up screwing things up.  Personally, I think that it is way better to just invest a small amount on an ongoing basis until you reach your BTC accumulation goal, and then maybe once you reach your BTC accumulation goal then you can start to fuck around trying to guess the price and maybe selling a bit with the hopes of buying back lower - otherwise, way better for normal people just to stack sats on an ongoing basis and to have a long time horizon.. such as 10 years or more.

On the other hand, if you want to provide a specific kind of scenario in which your plan to try to guess the BTC price and to figure out when to buy and when to sell and then when to buy again, then maybe you need to explain a bit more specifically, rather than just stating the overall unfleshed out idea that comes off as a bit like gambling rather than investing.

What makes Bitcoin so attractive is one of its volatile prices, so it's different from other investments. Bitcoin has the opportunity
to provide much greater profit. Although no one has ever known when events in 2017 could happen again. But many Bitcoin holders
don't really think about it, the most important thing is to collect as much Bitcoin as possible, and hold Bitcoin until the Bitcoin price
returns to the all time high price like what happened in 2017. So investing $ 1 in Bitcoin every day can be an option, so you don't feel
heavy when investing in Bitcoin. But small things like that can have a big impact later on.

If you are buying small amounts of BTC every day and building up your BTC stash, how are you going to know that you are entering into a situation like 2017 or some kind of fake out?  If you look back at the charts, the BTC price went up in two sessions rather than one long session in 2017.. and really it took the 2017 session about 2 years to play out.  Of course, the price was rising slowly, and then the price started going up faster and faster in the end, but still, how are you going to know... 

If you keep accumulating BTC for 5 to 10 years, and then maybe at a certain point, you are going to start to feel comfortable shaving off a little bit of profits along the way, but if you are buying something like $1 per day (and then maybe you just decide to increase that to $2 per day or $5 per day.. and then maybe after a while, you look at the size of your BTC stash, and you start to consider that you have accumulated a good sized amount and... but then I would also speculate that you would want to be careful about all of that value that took you so long to build up, little by little, and thanks to the price appreciation of BTC, too (which surely is not guaranteed, either).
Activity: 1190
Merit: 117
What makes Bitcoin so attractive is one of its volatile prices, so it's different from other investments. Bitcoin has the opportunity
to provide much greater profit. Although no one has ever known when events in 2017 could happen again. But many Bitcoin holders
don't really think about it, the most important thing is to collect as much Bitcoin as possible, and hold Bitcoin until the Bitcoin price
returns to the all time high price like what happened in 2017. So investing $ 1 in Bitcoin every day can be an option, so you don't feel
heavy when investing in Bitcoin. But small things like that can have a big impact later on.
copper member
Activity: 38
I do not believe that this strategy works perfectly, but rather on the rise of btc, selling, awaiting retraction and price correction, after that return to invest!
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
Personally, I believe that attempting to invest $10 per week into bitcoin would be much more of a practical idea than investing $1 per day in terms of fees, attempting to be a bit more pragmatic about the whole situation of managing your time and perhaps trying to strategize, learn and frontload the BTC investment by going above and beyond the minimum $1 per day psychological goal that initially gets set.   I am not poo pooing the idea of making sure to achieve an average of $1 per day, but a wee bit of a supplement to that idea.

Let me attempt to explain.

Of course, part of the ease of the suggestion of investing $1 per day is that it allows a bit of a speculation that a large number of people (even poor people) are going to be able to handle $1 per day, and likely would be able to invest $1 per day without even missing that $1 per day, even if s/he comes from a relatively poor location. 

Therefore, I completely agree with the concept that almost anyone should be able to get to a point to be able get their finances in order to such a degree that they are able to average invest $1 per day into bitcoin and to maintain his/her standard of living (I recognize that there are exceptions to this idea too, in terms of really impoverished people who are NOT able to save anything and also who are considerably in debt or they have not figured out ways that they can assure that their income is greater than their expenses - that would allow to be able to save).

Part of the problem continues to be that a dollar is hardly even worth anything (even though it does add up on a daily basis).  The dollar has been going down in value forever.
 Sure, going down in value is a kind of philosophical way that money had been created (or at least used in modern times) (although relatively speaking the dollar has held its value quite a bit better than a considerable number of other fiat currencies), the dollar continues to go down in value and it is almost inevitably going to continue to go down in value. 

In my thinking, it seems much better to attempt to manage a bit of a higher amount (not just $7 per week, but $10 per week - a nice round number that gives some extra learning cushion to both make sure to invest an average of a dollar per day and to learn along the way how to attempt to satisfy gambling desires and/or self constraint with the extra budget). 

Of course, many of us likely recognize some practicality difficulties with unbanked or quasi-unbanked people is that they might have some difficulties finding ways to actually accomplish small daily or weekly investment amounts.  They have to find a way to do it.  Some kind of an exchange, so it could be quite possible that they might need to establish some kind of an account and then deposit some kind of higher amount, such as $100 and then to just draw from that amount on a daily or preferably weekly basis in order to achieve their investment goals and then replenish the account from time to time (and maybe even withdrawing some of the value from time to time, too in order to learn how to manage their private keys rather than keeping their coins on an exchange that might exit scam them).

Of course, I personally like the idea of a minimum investment timeline that is at least 4 years, which is the time of the halvening periods in bitcoin, and of course, a bit of a longer of an investment timeline that is anywhere between 5-10 years or even longer would be even better - while, of course, attempting to preserve a vast amount of discretionary aspects and control for the individual to override his/her prior decision to invest by choosing to liquidate at any time that s/he wants to; however, part of the discipline of investing is to make sure and to ensure that the investor gets his/her financial house in order before s/he is even able to invest. 

For anyone investing, such investing goals should create an incentive to organize ones finances, and such organizing of ones own finances is likely empowering in and of itself.  Once your finances are in order and you are able to assure yourself that you are able to invest $1 per day or $10 per week or whatever happens to be your chosen amount, then if any emergency comes about, you should have already made a plan to ensure that you have funds and resources that you can draw from somewhere else, and you should not have to draw from your bitcoin investment, even if you run into an emergency.  The only time that you should draw from your bitcoin investment would be at a time that is completely of your own choosing - rather than NOT being adequately prepared for an emergency.

By the way, many of us should appreciate that emergencies are almost inevitable, and emergencies become even more inevitable if your finances are not adequately in order before investing in anything, whether bitcoin or other investments.  So, making sure that your cash flow and finances are in order remains a very important thing to accomplish before investing in bitcoin or anything else.

So, we can see from the DCAbtc website that a $1 per day DCA for the past 5 years did not look very different from a $10 per week DCA for the past 5 years.

You can see from the graphs, that both of those approaches would have completely outperformed gold and the stock market during that period. 

$1 per day produced the accumulation of 1.35 BTC and achieved a 661% (about 6.6x returns)

$10 per week produced the accumulation of 1.95 BTC and achieved a 669% (about 6.7x returns)

I am suggesting that the $10 per week provides more cushion - because there could be ways to just invest $7 per week no matter what, and then to attempt to be strategic with the remaining $3 by choosing either to invest that $3 right way or to carry over the $3 to subsequent weeks - and in that regard, developing a bit of an extra cash reserve that could be used for buying on dips. 

So, for example, maybe every week you would decide that you are going to buy your BTC on a certain day of the week (some services will allow you to accomplish that automatically, or you can manually perform such BTC buy every week, if you were to choose), and you want to kind of watch the BTC price in order to strategically buy some more with the extra $3 per week that is in your budget, and maybe after 4-6 weeks you have not used the extra $3 per week to buy BTC, and you end up having an extra $12 to $18 that you can strategically attempt to buy BTC with at a later date, if a BTC price dip were to come.. or for some other reason that you had used that money as a kind of way to attempt to monitor the BTC price movements and attempt to learn about such movements and to learn about yourself, which could take several years to get some ideas about how to feel more comfortable managing the base portion that is invested every week no matter what and the other portion of your value that is attempted to buy BTC on dips - or some other strategic approach to use with the extra amount that you had determined is in your budget.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Not too late doing the same thing in the next 5 years, everyone can do it by setting aside a small amount of money in the pocket and then enjoying it in the long term, we don't know how bitcoin is in the future but one thing I believe is that bitcoin hasn't reached the peak of ATH.
Yeah, I also believe on this too. Maybe, just a maybe we'll going to thank that enormous problem has happened because it somehow paused the world for doing so much and so the cryptocurrency is behaving quite well now that we have a time to realize and prepare things like investing a dollar a day  Grin the current price of bitcoin is not that bad to start investing, In fact that is a long free ride for everyone that wants to own a bitcoin.
This is much better to start now because of the low market value this means our 1$ a day will have a big value in bull market.

But when Bitcoin comes across 20,0004 or more then our 1$ would be a tiny part of Bitcoin But of course if price continue to Gain in future things will be change.

I have been doing thing like this but not totally the same because what i am investing are the money i earn from my sidelines or extra Jobs ,i segregate the amount for my family and me because we have separate accounts for future use.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
Life's but a walking shadow!
I support this idea. It might be a good idea.It can be a process of getting rich. It can create a saving mindset.Anyone can keep the process of getting rich this way.But what will be the action if the price of bitcoin is reduced by the increase.
Do not expect to just get rich once you follow this strategy or as soon as you start investing in bitcoin, I'll quote a popular line and it's that: "Bitcoin is not a get rich quick scheme". If we are to assume that you are new, always remember that. Take for example OP gave an instance of five years using his strategy; that's how much patience you need as an investor. If you make getting rich quick your aim, I am afraid you will not be able to cope with the volatility of bitcoin(and you'll always be moved by FUD & panic)
Pages:
Jump to: