Pages:
Author

Topic: Investing in coins built on Ethereum or alt coins that are independent? - page 2. (Read 175 times)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101
HELENA
for the long term I choose a project that has a private blockchain network, the reason is because projects like this are more serious in developing. but to look for short profit, will choose a project that uses smartcontrac. projects like this are just temporary hype and sooner or later it will disappear. but the profit offered is quite large.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069
Many of the alt coins at market today had started as an token on Ethereum blockchain. And almost all of the newer tokens too take that approach as creating their own blockchain specially or non POW coins is a huge task for which they mostly take a public funding providing investors with Ethereum based token and swapping it to the real coins when the chain is ready. There now are alternatives like BSC chain but most of the public sale still occurs with tokens.
Activity: 238
Merit: 15
Are you guys leaning towards coins that have been built on top of Ethereum or ones that are completely separate?  Does that matter to you?  

Just wondering where you all are putting your money these days...besides BTC on the dips of course...
Right now, Ethereum looks like it can stay a big force in crypto because so much infrastructure is already built on it and it will take a much more advanced tech to be a real competition.

So many Altcoins were launched but no real improvement was made. After all, each Altcoin has some major downsides and Ethereum will have no difficulties to distance such Altcoins.
After all, it looks like only Avalanche has a significat different concept by using a novel consensus approach. Mainnet is already live and it is working what Avalanche devs have claimed. Here is a great summary what Avalanche can achieve: https://cryptoseq.medium.com/what-sets-avalanche-apart-from-other-blockchains-3c5f4a4c0889

A big challenge for Avalanche will be to gain attention because it's really good tech but not very known. Some DeFi devs have recently told to be developing on Avalanche like SushiSwap: https://coinmarketcap.com/headlines/news/sushiswap-and-avalanche/

Ethereum has a big advantage here.

My bet is on Ethereum / Avalanche because I don't really see a different way which crypto can significantly take a market share from Ethereum.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
Hey everyone, just wondering what your current investment strategies are in regards to alt coins?  I have been around for a while and have been here for numerous runs and pull backs...I haven't stayed too up to date on all the newest alt coins out there.  It is crazy how quickly I have felt like I have become a dinosaur when it comes to all the different coins and projects that are out there now.  I feel like Defi and a few other major developments have just blown by me.  Trying to get myself back up to speed on what projects/coins seem promising for the future.

Aside from the majors and older coins like BTC, BCH, ETH, LTC, XRP, DASH, Monero, etc...which ones are you all investing/believing in these days?

Are you guys leaning towards coins that have been built on top of Ethereum or ones that are completely separate?  Does that matter to you?  

Just wondering where you all are putting your money these days...besides BTC on the dips of course...
Pages:
Jump to: