Pages:
Author

Topic: Investment Banker - Bitcoin is not a "real" currency ;-> - page 3. (Read 2565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
Banker=Bankster
Banker= ignorant fools

Ask your Banker again in a few years. I bet he will have changed his mind.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
His friend, did not want to believe me, when I told him that Bitcoin is currently sold for +/- $250 and it sold for +$1000 a while ago.

I had to go onto the internet and prove to him that it actually sells for that amount.... {He looked interested... but the banker stayed arrogant... with a superior attitude}

I was amazed at how very little they cared to learn more about this technology.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★
He's right Bitcoin is not a "real" currency. It's far better than fiat currency and it's Crypto Currency.
You can't proove the money flow on illegal activities if they've used fiat in cash form.
But You can see even satoshi's transactions from the begining.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3079
"No-one" has sure as hell been sending alot of transactions, although presumably this non-entity was sending these funds to their non-existent self
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
electricity have no tangible value
gaz have no tangible value
air have no tangible value
bitcoin have no tangible value

but all of this things ... cost a lot of a life.

so ... what ?
it's real for a part of people.

and that's good.
Activity: 699
Merit: 500
Sometimes, when you listen to bankers ignorance about Bitcoin, don't you just wonder "How did a baboon such as you get into banking?" On the positive side, the longer they can ignore Bitcoin, the longer we'll have to make them jobless . So it's a Win Win situations Grin
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
The typical confusion between currency and legal tender.

But by a banker? Careful with your money...
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
I had a most interesting discussion with a investment banker today.

I asked him the question... "Do you see Bitcoin as a disruptive technology or a threat to the traditional banking system"

His answer {Most arrogantly} ....We do not consider Bitcoin as a "real" currency.  Shocked

I then asked him to define a currency in his opinion ...and he said ..." a system of money in general use in a particular country "

I then told him...Bitcoin is a global currency... He then replied.. "But nobody use it"  Grin Grin

They are clearly in the "Let's ignore it" phase of the disruption cycle... When they wake up... it will be to late to change.  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: