Pages:
Author

Topic: Investors dumping gold-switching to bitcoin? - page 3. (Read 2134 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
If I had too much gold and only a few Bitcoins, I would certainly do the same thing these investors are doing. I see much better possibilities in Bitcoin regarding potential for price increase, especially in the long run. Certain aspects give gold more stability, but if the investor wants to make big gains, he/she needs to take greater risks.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010
BTC to the moon is inevitable...
old news
sell 1ounce gold for $1200
buy bitcoin at $900 (1.33btc)
wait for bitcoin to go to $1200.. sell 1.33btcc for gold.(get 1.33 ounces)

so in other words those who did it only did it two times in their whole life?!!! in the past 8 years once in 2013 and once in end of 2016 early 2017
that doesn't make sense Smiley

this is why bitcoin topped out at $1200 2 times in the last 4 years and then sunk back down

the reason why price went down twice from that price is because first time it went from $100-200 to $1200 in less than a month with MtGox fake pumps
and this time it went from $780 to $1160 in a couple of weeks again needed a correction.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
old news

this is why bitcoin topped out at $1200 2 times in the last 4 years and then sunk back down

This will work until it doesn't. Eventually we will go way beyond $1200 and the people that sold for gold expecting the dip will miss on all the new gains. It's better to just hold it all. When bitcoin pumps for real it will go higher than everyone expects.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
old news

I prefer it like this:
buy bitcoin at $900
wait for it to go to $1200
Sell
Wait for it to go down
Buy more bitcoin!

Gold and silver are a trap because they become hard to sell when you've held for years. My parents used to have silverware and coins stacked up somewhere in the house for over 40 years and never sold it. I'm sure they will die before they sell that stuff. Who needs a new car or a house when precious metals are so pretty and shiny.  Roll Eyes

Your parents probably looked at it like savings, not investment, thats why they are hard to sell it. I would rather have it as physical gold stashed somewhere safe (as safe as it gets) then in stocks or bonds. And wouldnt mind selling it when opportunity comes. And I wouldnt put all my money on one thing, gold or bitcoin, whatever.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
Was reading a review about Simpefx day trading platform. As Im looking to get into Forex trading, and get away from gold. (for now)
Looks like im not the only one. Tons of investors are dumping gold....

"Gold has been on a wild ride since the U.S. election, plummeting immediately after Election Day and regaining a bit of ground since the final week of 2016."

Full Article Here

If that is true then we will expect another price inflation in the bitcoins price. Bitcoin will become much stronger even after the bad impact of Chinese exchangers market manipulation and creation of fake volumes. This is a good thing that even forex investors have known bitcoins that much and its only a matter of time that bitcoins will reach the masses.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 510
People are diversifying to include some Bitcoin. They aren't going to put large amounts into it since it is still high risk, but it is good that people are looking to invest in Bitcoin.
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
old news

I prefer it like this:
buy bitcoin at $900
Sell
Wait for it to go down
Buy more bitcoin!

Gold and silver are a trap because they become hard to sell when you've held for years. My parents used to have silverware and coins stacked up somewhere in the house for over 40 years and never sold it. I'm sure they will die before they sell that stuff. Who needs a new car or a house when precious metals are so pretty and shiny.  Roll Eyes

Organized gold and silver markets don`t work that way.
People there are trading monetary gold (i think that was the term),not  golden jewelry and coins. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
old news

I prefer it like this:
buy bitcoin at $900
Sell
Wait for it to go down
Buy more bitcoin!

you prefer it this way because you don't diversify.
but i like to diversify, obviously always buying and holding bitcoin for the long term but i also have gold and some stocks in my name to take advantage of other markets and their price volatility to make more money. but my main focus is on cryptocurrencies, bitcoin long and altcoins short.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
old news

I prefer it like this:
buy bitcoin at $900
Sell
Wait for it to go down
Buy more bitcoin!

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
Yes indeed now started a lot of gold investors are switching to bitcoin. Bitcoin has the equivalent of gold for those who keep their money outside of the central authority. But after a dramatic price movement and began to calm down, bitcoin has seen more attractive as a storage device wealth so as start a lot of people using bitcoin. But if I maybe interested in both seeing equally profitable, so that both are still worth trying.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
Life is a game, you either play it or get played.
People are more confident in the current state of the economy and when this happens, usually gold is traded off for better investment alternatives.

By no means are people afraid, the reverse boom effect is now shifting to greater times.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
old news

Activity: 280
Merit: 253
A trader should appreciate a wild ride, since this is how the make money. But Bitcoin price is usually also all over the place most of the time. However dumping all your Gold and putting it all on Bitcoin is not a smart move. Taking out a portion of your Gold and buying Bitcoin on the other hand is a good move.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Was reading a review about Simpefx day trading platform. As Im looking to get into Forex trading, and get away from gold. (for now)
Looks like im not the only one. Tons of investors are dumping gold....

"Gold has been on a wild ride since the U.S. election, plummeting immediately after Election Day and regaining a bit of ground since the final week of 2016."

Full Article Here
Pages:
Jump to: