Pages:
Author

Topic: [IOT] IOTA Speculation - page 3. (Read 6226 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10
Bitcoin amateur learning by doing
June 14, 2017, 01:50:17 PM
is there a way to short this thing? I would love to short it big time.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
June 14, 2017, 01:48:56 PM
seriously? 1bln for 2miln investment? If I were token holder I would dump it like hell. 500x return! this is Sheisse, just watch OIT!

nobody should buy it at this price!

Hard to sell it, if you can't deposit your coins ......

I assume market cap will go down hard once they open it
Activity: 126
Bitcoin amateur learning by doing
June 14, 2017, 01:31:02 PM
seriously? 1bln for 2miln investment? If I were token holder I would dump it like hell. 500x return! this is Sheisse, just watch OIT!

nobody should buy it at this price!
Activity: 1034
Merit: 558
June 14, 2017, 12:28:40 PM
Cryptocoins are valued by consensus.
I am not seeing enough consensus for IOT to be worth a billion

So, this smells fishy.

Right now it's only available on one exchange that is currently blocking deposits... So the real price could be much lower.

When will they allow deposits?

bitfinex is blocking deposits? Shocked
didnt know about it
Activity: 70
June 14, 2017, 11:50:53 AM
It is like a setup. do not put buy orders on this!!!
June 14, 2017, 11:23:46 AM

So, this smells fishy.

Right now it's only available on one exchange that is currently blocking deposits... So the real price could be much lower.

When will they allow deposits?
Activity: 279
Merit: 254
June 14, 2017, 10:47:47 AM

So, this smells fishy.

Activity: 23
June 14, 2017, 07:23:20 AM
it's just interesting that the market cap of the exchange is very high in value .

It's not high. It's low.
Activity: 70
June 14, 2017, 07:22:32 AM

So, this smells fishy.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
CHIEF GROWTH OFFICER OF GLOBAL ENTERPRENEUR
June 14, 2017, 07:13:27 AM
it's just interesting that the market cap of the exchange is very high in value .
Activity: 28
June 14, 2017, 02:54:23 AM
This is too good an idea to not jump on immediately, buy and HODL! Top 3 coin easily.

I agree. It was a bit crazy and unfortunate (for me as a new investor) how high this started on exchanges but it actually rightfully took it's place. This is Crypto 3.0.
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
June 14, 2017, 02:14:54 AM
This is too good an idea to not jump on immediately, buy and HODL! Top 3 coin easily.
Activity: 69
June 13, 2017, 11:41:34 PM
$1
Activity: 360
June 13, 2017, 07:34:27 PM
Hey, I have just finished my video about doubts and concerns about IOTA and what I think about it; maybe it helps some people here to understand IOTA a bit better : https://youtu.be/9-uzzNocgvk
Activity: 146
June 13, 2017, 07:31:18 PM
Can you answer this (quoting myself from another post):

Iota introduces an interesting new concept in the crypto scenario: the directed acyclic graph, or DAG. Basically it's an evolution of the usual blockchain, requiring no fees and without scaling issues.

Nevertheless, after having a quick look at the white paper I still don't understand how the nodes will keep working continuously. In the "tangle" there are no miners, the beloved greedy workers of the Bitcoin blockchain. Instead, here to perform a transaction, you should verify other transactions first. In the white paper (http://iotatoken.com/IOTA_Whitepaper.pdf) they say:

what motivates the nodes to propagate transactions? In fact, in our setup the nodes do not have motivation
not to propagate. Every node calculates some statistics, one of which is how many
new transactions are received from a neighbor. If one particular node is “too lazy”, it
will be dropped by its neighbors. So, even if a node does not issue transactions (and
hence has no direct incentive to share new transactions that approve its own one), it
still has incentive to work hard.

I'm not convinced by this statement. In fact, let's say that  I'm a node and I don't want to be excluded by other nodes (and even on this I would like to understand what it means to be excluded. If you start again working hard can you be re-admitted? I could work only if I need to do transactions).
If my fellow nodes work x, I could work 0.99 x to not get excluded and minimize my work. But this reasoning can be applied to every node, since electricity has a cost, so everyone one will lower its effort, resulting in a system that perform poorly.

As to why a node would want to propagate here is how I understand it:

1) the difficulty is not high with IOTA, it can't be because anything with a processor needs to be able to perform a tansaction. This includes cell phones, modems, desktops, laptops, etc.

2) the more neighbors, the faster the network grows/operates. Would a visual help? This is the tangle live:https://tangle.blox.pm/
you basically have a new way to connect with every new neighbor, so it makes sense you'd want as many neighbors as possible that are not "lazy". If your node is lazy, you essentially are not operating on the network to full capacity and get blacklisted. Electricity costs for this is negligible. The "proof" does not require a miner, only a device containing a small amount of processing power.

I'm not extremely technically savvy, but I have tried to keep up since I have a decent amount,
Activity: 87
June 13, 2017, 07:14:46 PM
I like the idea behind it but the initial valuation it got is way too high. I speculate it will crash before taking on a more realistic pricing and possibly growth cycle.
June 13, 2017, 07:10:17 PM
I believe the price will go down soon.
If I decide to entry, then it will be in about 3 days.

MY target: 0,1 USD

Just speculation.
Activity: 28
June 13, 2017, 06:30:15 PM
Why don't you ask your question in the Iota announce thread?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1216479.9120

Some nice infomercials on Iota:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h09z2N0MtuQ&t
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyVLq13WfsE
Activity: 279
Merit: 254
June 13, 2017, 05:33:39 PM
Can you answer this (quoting myself from another post):

Iota introduces an interesting new concept in the crypto scenario: the directed acyclic graph, or DAG. Basically it's an evolution of the usual blockchain, requiring no fees and without scaling issues.

Nevertheless, after having a quick look at the white paper I still don't understand how the nodes will keep working continuously. In the "tangle" there are no miners, the beloved greedy workers of the Bitcoin blockchain. Instead, here to perform a transaction, you should verify other transactions first. In the white paper (http://iotatoken.com/IOTA_Whitepaper.pdf) they say:

what motivates the nodes to propagate transactions? In fact, in our setup the nodes do not have motivation
not to propagate. Every node calculates some statistics, one of which is how many
new transactions are received from a neighbor. If one particular node is “too lazy”, it
will be dropped by its neighbors. So, even if a node does not issue transactions (and
hence has no direct incentive to share new transactions that approve its own one), it
still has incentive to work hard.

I'm not convinced by this statement. In fact, let's say that  I'm a node and I don't want to be excluded by other nodes (and even on this I would like to understand what it means to be excluded. If you start again working hard can you be re-admitted? I could work only if I need to do transactions).
If my fellow nodes work x, I could work 0.99 x to not get excluded and minimize my work. But this reasoning can be applied to every node, since electricity has a cost, so everyone one will lower its effort, resulting in a system that perform poorly.
Activity: 146
June 13, 2017, 05:19:12 PM
people You are blind? have look:

2,779,530,283,277,761 total supply IOTA Cheesy = 2,779,530,283 Mega Iota

direct link : http://iotasupport.com/whatisiota.shtml

price is 1000000 more high value than should be

Price is actually correct, coinmarketcap was mislabeled the name.

Coinmarketcap should read MIOTA which is Mega Iota as in 10^9

All price and trading is done in MIOTA

IOTA does not use decimals as BTC does.

2,779,530,283,277,761 IOTA

1,638,927,500,000,000 Satoshi

Is it really that hard for people to not think in terms of decimals  Cheesy

Think of 1 IOTA as 1 Satoshi and there is only twice the supply. IOTA is meant for micro transactions between Machines, not humans.

I've been following the project for around 1.5 years, and bought in right after ICO. If you guys have real questions I'd be glad to help. Anyone who says this tech came out of nowhere is a moron. Its almost 2 years old now and sprouted from the JINN project/devs. Most are just upset they missed the boat, because there was no flashy ICO or huge announcements or advertisements. Devs have basically only focused on making the tech work and actual development which is lacking in new coins these days.

There are some pretty big investors lined up as well, but they are not confirmed or announced yet so I will not mention them, but there are some that have been announced and I hope you would research that as well. Transaction thorough-put has been tested, and verified during last stress test(done mostly by community). The trans/sec is actually real guys...
Pages:
Jump to: