Pages:
Author

Topic: IOTA - page 2. (Read 1471689 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 107
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
June 05, 2021, 11:53:14 PM
IOTA 2.0 Research Specifications

This post aims to briefly introduce the research specifications which we made available with the release of the IOTA 2.0 DevNet (Nectar). The specifications can be found here. Their purpose is to carefully explain the current state of the IOTA 2.0 protocol to developers, both internal and external, who wish to build on or test Nectar, to academics who want to analyze, model and optimize the protocol and need rigorous description of each module, and to community members and anybody who just want to learn more about the protocol.

We hope this post is a useful guide to the IOTA 2.0 research specifications, and we hope that you dive into them to learn as much as you can about how the IOTA 2.0 DevNet works! However, before reading the specifications, we would like to explain a few points to the reader.

Quote from: IOTA

Activity: 1106
Merit: 534
June 04, 2021, 12:22:45 PM
The IOTA Foundation announced the launch of the Nectar testnet for developers, the second preparatory stage of the transition to IOTA 2.0, scheduled for the end of 2021. It will be the prototype of a fully decentralized, censorship-resistant and commission-free Tangle protocol.

Hello.

I have one logical question that seem nobody has asked.
What is the purpose to have a coin "currency" in the protocol
if there is no commission for transactions?!  Huh

What are IOTAS used for?!
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1490
June 03, 2021, 09:24:20 AM
The IOTA Foundation announced the launch of the Nectar testnet for developers, the second preparatory stage of the transition to IOTA 2.0, scheduled for the end of 2021. It will be the prototype of a fully decentralized, censorship-resistant and commission-free Tangle protocol.

Activity: 14
Merit: 1
June 01, 2021, 04:19:54 AM
Building the future of IoT: An exclusive interview with IOTA Co-founder Dominik Schiener
https://www.crypto-news-flash.com/building-the-future-of-iot-an-exclusive-interview-with-iota-founder-dominik-schiener/
Activity: 462
Merit: 107
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
May 28, 2021, 12:58:45 PM
The path towards full decentralization with IOTA 2.0. Years of peer-reviewed research together with our academic partners is coming to life with the upcoming launch of the IOTA 2.0 DevNet.

Feeless + Scalable + Decentralized = IOTA 2.0

Few projects can claim to have successfully reinvented and engineered an entirely new protocol architecture. It is an immensely complex task to implement and launch a new network with an overhaul of the software stack consisting of tools, libraries, third-party integrations and even a new wallet. In addition to that, the upgrade required us to deploy a secure bridge to transfer assets from the previous (now legacy) IOTA network to the Chrysalis network in a trustless and decentralized way. Nearly $2 Billion worth of IOTA tokens were transferred through our decentralized asset bridge between the networks so far, guided by an intuitive and fully automated process within the Firefly wallet.

It’s happening! https://blog.iota.org/path-towards-full-decentralization-with-iota-2-0/
Activity: 27
May 24, 2021, 01:04:25 PM
Hi!

Can anyone recommend a secure wallet for storing IOTA?
Should be easy to use but also be secure.
Asking some experts here.
I have Exodus but it isn't accepting IOTA.
And I don't want to store it at exchanges.

Cute Doggo  Smiley
Nobody any recommend for a good IOTA wallet?
No expert active here?

I am not sure about what you mean saying "expert"...

There is no much choice at the moment: Firefly wallet (https://firefly.iota.org/) its the only official IOTA wallet now. Use it.
Note this: "Firefly comes as desktop only application for now.". No mobile wallet working with latest Chrysalis network yet (all older IOTA wallets are outdated).
Hi!
Ok, I will check it out!  Smiley

And I was saying expert because experts knows IOTA very well and have a good knowledge about it. If some kiddies come here and have no clue, recommend to store it at Binance, such advice is useless.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073
May 23, 2021, 05:45:45 PM
Hi!

Cute Doggo  Smiley
No expert active here?

I am not sure what you mean saying "expert"...

There is no much choice at the moment: Firefly wallet (https://firefly.iota.org/) its the only official IOTA wallet now. Use it.
Note this: "Firefly comes as desktop only application for now.". No mobile wallet working with latest Chrysalis network yet (all older IOTA wallets are outdated).
May 23, 2021, 03:09:27 PM
Hi!

Cute Doggo  Smiley
No expert active here?
Activity: 1016
Merit: 502
May 20, 2021, 01:43:00 PM
IOTA looks very good, I really like the team's actions and I see continuous work to improve IOTA. This is one of the few projects that really develops on the market, I hold a fairly large volume of tokens. IOTA has a great future.
Activity: 66
May 17, 2021, 07:22:35 AM
Is it too late for me to enter
May 17, 2021, 06:31:55 AM
Hi!

Cute Doggo  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023
May 16, 2021, 08:46:54 AM
I can't find coins in my new wallet. My seed is correct. Any help will be appreciated.

My last transaction was done in 2017 but recently on my mobile wallet, I saw my balance was correct. But after reinstalling my wallet, balance shows 0.

Thanks

Hey,
did you check the iota recovery-git-hub-help already?

https://github.com/iota-community/IOTA-Discord/blob/main/help/iota-recovery-tips.md

I have downloaded a new wallet so I may need to wait for this migration process to check again. As of now, still, my account balance is zero.
So did you used "the light-wallet" back in 2017 or did you store your Seed in "Trinity"? Maybe, the best idea is to join the official IOTA Discord.
There you will be taken for sure if you describe your problem precisely. Please just be careful not to share your seed with anyone. Even if you should be contacted via PM there.

I was using a desktop wallet and I believe it was a trinity. WHat is this light wallet?

Yes, I can also contact on discord but if you can help over here, much appreciated. On my Iphone mobile wallet, it was seen until Feb but now I can't see it.

Okay, when you used a mobile phone app, it was definitly trinity.
1. Are you sure, that you have tipped in the correct Seed? When you created the seed, did you also note the check sum and does it match?
2. When you are sure, you have the correct seed: Please check if you have an outgoing transaction in the time from february to march in 2020 which was not done by yourself?
3. When you are sure, you habe the correct seed: Did you try to perform "snapshot transition" within the app?

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

With new wallet, my balance came back.

Activity: 69
Merit: 12
… just sitting here and buy #Bitcoin ⚡ᥧ
May 10, 2021, 03:55:17 PM
The IF has now presented a concept for the planned EU vaccination certificate based on its own tangle to the EU.

In the case of vaccinations or the creation of a certificate of recovery or a COVID-19 test, a digital certificate will be created and transmitted to the user!
Activity: 116
Merit: 36
April 29, 2021, 09:31:04 AM
Any people that can reclaim pay attention:
"Currently the unclaimed tokens reside in custodial wallets, waiting to be claimed by their rightful owners. We will keep the official claim process open for another 6 weeks from today until June 16th 2021"

https://blog.iota.org/iota-community-treasury-and-genesis-validation/
Activity: 69
Merit: 12
… just sitting here and buy #Bitcoin ⚡ᥧ
April 28, 2021, 06:34:07 PM
official Announcement that the chrysalis network is Live now Smiley

https://blog.iota.org/the-new-chrysalis-network-is-live/

BR
Activity: 11
Merit: 11
April 26, 2021, 12:28:08 PM
I can't find coins in my new wallet. My seed is correct. Any help will be appreciated.

My last transaction was done in 2017 but recently on my mobile wallet, I saw my balance was correct. But after reinstalling my wallet, balance shows 0.

Thanks

Hey,

https://github.com/iota-community/IOTA-Discord/blob/main/help/iota-recovery-tips.md

I have downloaded a new wallet so I may need to wait for this migration process to check again. As of now, still, my account balance is zero.
So did you used "the light-wallet" back in 2017 or did you store your Seed in "Trinity"? Maybe, the best idea is to join the official IOTA Discord.
There you will be taken for sure if you describe your problem precisely. Please just be careful not to share your seed with anyone. Even if you should be contacted via PM there.

I was using a desktop wallet and I believe it was a trinity. WHat is this light wallet?

Yes, I can also contact on discord but if you can help over here, much appreciated. On my Iphone mobile wallet, it was seen until Feb but now I can't see it.

Okay, when you used a mobile phone app, it was definitly trinity.
1. Are you sure, that you have tipped in the correct Seed? When you created the seed, did you also note the check sum and does it match?
2. When you are sure, you have the correct seed: Please check if you have an outgoing transaction in the time from february to march in 2020 which was not done by yourself?
3. When you are sure, you habe the correct seed: Did you try to perform "snapshot transition" within the app?
legendary
April 26, 2021, 09:12:53 AM

Thanks

Hey,

Activity: 11
Merit: 11
April 25, 2021, 05:02:38 PM

Thanks

Hey,

legendary
April 24, 2021, 05:58:53 AM

Thanks

Hey,

Activity: 606
Merit: 211
April 21, 2021, 03:44:41 AM
For me, its ma third Migration which i go through. The Tax-declaration for the IOTA-Tokens will be hell Grin
The last migrations didn't cause me any problems with taxes, let's hope that this will be the case again!
Pages:
Jump to: