Author

Topic: IOTA - page 761. (Read 1471689 times)

legendary
Activity: 1619
Merit: 1004
Bitcoiner, Crypto-anarchist and Cypherpunk.
October 22, 2015, 12:28:13 AM
Though I was invited to review the whitepaper, it seems all my questions remains unanswered. And section "4.1 Resistance to quantum computations" (added after my review?) seems pretty controversial by its reasoning. Anyway, Popov's work is the deepest made on DAG cryptocurrencies(all I've seen before were just forum & blog posts), I'm not sure what's presented enough to make something production-ready though. Let's see what will happen here. Have luck guys!  Smiley
I'm not sure if I understand what exactly your question is. If it's about submitting two conflicting tx's, then there is no problem - one will survive, and the other will die (that is, at some moment it will stop gaining cumulative weight). Besides, if you're buying smth from a merchant and submit a conflicting transaction at the same time, the merchant would call a police  Smiley

The attacker can leave after he received the good and then issue the double spend as said in the Whitepaper. So the merchant will not see anything until the attack succeed ( if it succeed )

EDIT : I love IOTA. Good luck guys ! Cheesy
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
October 22, 2015, 12:18:09 AM
Looked through the whitepaper. Really good concept you have there! will wait for this Grin
legendary
Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001
Thank God I'm an atheist
October 21, 2015, 11:11:58 PM
Looks interesting.
Watching this.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
October 21, 2015, 10:13:03 PM
So I suppose if we want to start talking about this idea I can go ahead and talk about my concern. And I will fully admit that this may be my lack of understanding or imagination only and nothing wrong with the concept at all.

If the network is fracture tolerant, than there is a concern that you might be validating a doublespend transaction without realizing it when creating your own transaction. This wouldn't be much of a big deal assuming only a hand full of dinguses trying to doublespend for personal profit, but what if someone(s) tries to exploit this as an attack vector against the network its self with no intention of personally profiting from the actual double-spend.

Dev's tried to explain to me why this reservation was unfounded but either the answers were nonsense or I wasn't smart enough to understand (probably the second one). So this seems like a better place to continue that discussion than my private messages since someone else might benefit.
Activity: 376
Merit: 300
October 21, 2015, 09:38:10 PM
Though I was invited to review the whitepaper, it seems all my questions remains unanswered. And section "4.1 Resistance to quantum computations" (added after my review?) seems pretty controversial by its reasoning. Anyway, Popov's work is the deepest made on DAG cryptocurrencies(all I've seen before were just forum & blog posts), I'm not sure what's presented enough to make something production-ready though. Let's see what will happen here. Have luck guys!  Smiley
I'm not sure if I understand what exactly your question is. If it's about submitting two conflicting tx's, then there is no problem - one will survive, and the other will die (that is, at some moment it will stop gaining cumulative weight). Besides, if you're buying smth from a merchant and submit a conflicting transaction at the same time, the merchant would call a police  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1512
October 21, 2015, 09:25:24 PM
Another ,I like this logo of IOTA . Smiley
legendary
October 21, 2015, 09:23:09 PM
So,there will be another TOKEN except Jinn on NXT AE both for Tangle tech?

Could you expand on your question? Not entirely sure what you are asking. JINN tokens are unrelated to IOTAs

What's the difference between JINN token and IOTA token?
or what do these two tokens stand for respectively?

Could you simply explain?
Thanks. Smiley
Activity: 597
October 21, 2015, 08:30:46 PM
a fluid, self-organizing swarmchain?
what are the data storage requirements for each node/device over time?
Activity: 404
Merit: 250
https://nxtforum.org/
October 21, 2015, 07:50:32 PM
guess you really are BCNext! Talk about split personalities/good acting!
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
October 21, 2015, 07:14:03 PM
Lol I don't know. I guess I mean on-tangle, those participating in your algorithm?

For on-tangle payments a device needs to see majority of the transactions. Good news is that it needs this only if it's about to make or check a payment, most of time it can store and broadcast transactions without their verification (only PoW needs to be verified to avoid spam attacks).
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
October 21, 2015, 07:09:44 PM
Can you explain to me why this doesn't require every connected IoT that wants to sign a transaction to not have to listen to every transaction on the network?

Doesn't the bandwidth requirements of that limit which sort of devices can participate?

Can a IoT device proxy its request a well powered server?

Are you talking about on- or off-tangle payments?

Lol I don't know. I guess I mean on-tangle, those participating in your algorithm?
Activity: 714
October 21, 2015, 07:07:21 PM

Could you expand on your question? Not entirely sure what you are asking. JINN tokens are unrelated to IOTAs
legendary
October 21, 2015, 07:05:36 PM
Can you explain to me why this doesn't require every connected IoT that wants to sign a transaction to not have to listen to every transaction on the network?

Doesn't the bandwidth requirements of that limit which sort of devices can participate?

Are you talking about on- or off-tangle payments?
legendary
October 21, 2015, 07:03:08 PM

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
From Russia with love
October 21, 2015, 07:00:17 PM
Very interesting project I'll be following Goodluck Dev
Activity: 714
October 21, 2015, 06:55:06 PM
How we can buy some?

Details will come in the coming days. Stay tuned in this thread and/or join our just created twitter account www.twitter.com/iotatoken to keep posted on the developments
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
October 21, 2015, 06:54:12 PM

legendary
Activity: 2408
October 21, 2015, 06:46:41 PM
How we can buy some?
legendary
October 21, 2015, 06:38:22 PM
How many currency units will there be? Will there be unlimited inflation? If there will be no permanent inflation, will all currency units come into existence at once or over time?

999'999'999.999999999 units. No inflation, only deflation caused by lost tokens. At once, there is no a way to do it over time.
Activity: 321
Merit: 252
October 21, 2015, 06:35:33 PM
How many currency units will there be? Will there be unlimited inflation? If there will be no permanent inflation, will all currency units come into existence at once or over time?
Jump to: