Pages:
Author

Topic: Iran can't print paper, guy tells them to use BitCoin - page 3. (Read 11531 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029
Death to enemies!
Bitcoin protocol is neither obfuscated or encrypted on packet level and it is easily blocked on ISP level.
But it's obfuscated and encrypted on TOR and VPN  Wink

As for what DoomDumas  said, i think that iranian people are people like us but their government isn't exactly a good one
Tor does not work in Iran. VPN work only for "selected" people.

Iranian people are muslims. For atheist like me they are OK as long as they identify themselves for Aryans. Read history books about Hitler and Iran! But don't post your wrong opinion about Iranian government. Without revolutionary government Iran will be another puppet state to jew zionist conspiracy.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
Bitcoin protocol is neither obfuscated or encrypted on packet level and it is easily blocked on ISP level.
But it's obfuscated and encrypted on TOR and VPN  Wink

As for what DoomDumas  said, i think that iranian people are people like us but their government isn't exactly a good one
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029
Death to enemies!
Have anyone tried to contact President of Iran or Ministry of Security and Intelligence of Iran on this matter? Because without supreme approval of Iranian government Bitcoin will not function in Iran. Bitcoin protocol is neither obfuscated or encrypted on packet level and it is easily blocked on ISP level.

With government adopting BTC as a payment instrument alongside gold and euro is a great tool to damage USA dollar. Expect to bitcoins become outlawed in all zionist controlled states. But the Iran is known to reject or be overly suspicious about some new things, like wikileaks.
legendary
Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin
Correct me if i am wrong, but the "exporting cryptography is illegal" thing is false today. It was true tons of years ago, but not now.

And yes, bitcoin is ideal for Iran. Just download a small software and ta-dah, you are connected to a world-wide, secure, fast and efficient payment/money/whatelse system  Smiley

And yes, i too think that iran people are mostly good guys, the government is epic fail, but you can't blame the whole population for the errors of the government!

"the government is epic fail" That's only what we know from the mass media, I'm not so sure that their Govt are so much of a failure.. IMO, this his what the 1%ers want us to beleive !

Anyone talked to actual iranian ?  Anyone have friend / relative in this country that they communicate with ?

I'm convinced that US and CAN Govt really are epic fail !  As not a mass media listener, I can't tell about what they want us to beleive.. Be carefull, dont take those TVs for truth teller, thoses TVs are mass-propaganda tool.. search the web, give it a try !  Google it !

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019
http://coinworker.com/

design / coding for btc

Activity: 489
Merit: 500
Obama is terrible, look at the chilling effect. People are afraid to speak their minds in the US. As terrible at GWDummyBush was people were not fearful to speak freely back then.
donator
Activity: 2772
In some ways Litecoin might be a more reasonable alternative for Iranians. At this point Iran can't buy the equipment with which to mine BTC in any significant volume, and individuals who do posses GPUS (and there are lots of gamers in Iran) don't have enough power to mine BTC either.

Seeing as Iranians would a) be most likely be wary of trading large amounts of Cash for Bitcoins that they can't make themselves, and b) who would trade Bitcoins for Iranian cash anyway, Litecoin might be a more reasonable alternative. The difficulty is still low enough that people can at least mine a FEW coins thus giving them a chance to develop a coin economy within their economic terrarium.

1.) they don't need to mine

2.) Iranian individuals have gold
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
legendary
How to download: use vpn/tor, go on bitcoin website, clic download button. Done.  Smiley
Activity: 775
Problem is: how could they buy bitcoins? With their funny money?
Maybe they could try to sell some oil for BTC.
Anyone on the BTC market for a tanker or two of oil?

Why buy bitcoins when you've got cheap electricity from the ground, and computers from China?
legendary
Activity: 1311
To bad they cant download the software easily.

Solution

Nice solution, then the SS will show up at your door, and arrest you, hold you for months until they discover the coins you sent are not being used to support their nuclear plant.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
In some ways Litecoin might be a more reasonable alternative for Iranians. At this point Iran can't buy the equipment with which to mine BTC in any significant volume, and individuals who do posses GPUS (and there are lots of gamers in Iran) don't have enough power to mine BTC either.

Seeing as Iranians would a) be most likely be wary of trading large amounts of Cash for Bitcoins that they can't make themselves, and b) who would trade Bitcoins for Iranian cash anyway, Litecoin might be a more reasonable alternative. The difficulty is still low enough that people can at least mine a FEW coins thus giving them a chance to develop a coin economy within their economic terrarium.

legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
Problem is: how could they buy bitcoins? With their funny money?
Maybe they could try to sell some oil for BTC.
Anyone on the BTC market for a tanker or two of oil?
legendary
Activity: 1708
It should be pretty easy to market to that market. They already use VPNs and tor so that getting the software should not be a problem, additionally they can use the web wallets. The biggest concern I see is technological illiteracy, it might be very hard for them to understand how bitcoin works.

The latest release of MultiBit includes Persian (Farsi) translation.  The source is on GitHub.  I don't know if it that project is restricted from download from Iran:

Reach out for the white spots!
 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1260199

MutiBit project:
 - http://multibit.org

this
Activity: 56
Merit: 1
If the government is banning printing of Iranian currency then the bitcoin network should help by banning the inclusion of Iranian transactions.

Why?

I suppose it was a joke.

I can never tell. I took Swift's "A Modest Proposal" seriously.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
If the government is banning printing of Iranian currency then the bitcoin network should help by banning the inclusion of Iranian transactions.

Why?

I suppose it was a joke.
legendary

Q. How do you tell an Iranian bitcoin from a good one?

A. Iranian bitcoins can't build a working nuclear bomb.
1)No

2)The rest of the world has tons of nuclear bombs
Activity: 56
Merit: 1

Why?
Activity: 451
Merit: 250

Q. How do you tell an Iranian bitcoin from a good one?

A. Iranian bitcoins can't build a working nuclear bomb.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
It should be pretty easy to market to that market. They already use VPNs and tor so that getting the software should not be a problem, additionally they can use the web wallets. The biggest concern I see is technological illiteracy, it might be very hard for them to understand how bitcoin works.

The latest release of MultiBit includes Persian (Farsi) translation.  The source is on GitHub.  I don't know if it that project is restricted from download from Iran:

Reach out for the white spots!
 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1260199

MutiBit project:
 - http://multibit.org
Pages:
Jump to: