Pages:
Author

Topic: Iran holds two US Navy boats in Persian Gulf - page 2. (Read 1657 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Two boats developed mechanical difficulties at the same time? One could not tow the other? And they both ran aground on an Iranian island? At 2am in the morning?

Yeah, yeah It´s 5,000,000 to one but that doesn´t mean that it couldn´t happen. But let´s not focus on that. The main thing is the Iranian aggression and how they´re holding those poor sailors hostage.
xht
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!
Two boats developed mechanical difficulties at the same time? One could not tow the other? And they both ran aground on an Iranian island? At 2am in the morning?
Or maybe I´d say

OK, here´s your sailors. I need to keep the boats for a while for investigation. You´ll probably receive the hulls in 2-3 weeks, the rest in boxes later.
They´ll return them. They seem to to have drifted into Iran´s territory. It´s standard procedure to detain them there and check what they were doing. No big thing.

In the Iranians shoes I´d keep the boats. Free is always good´especially when it´s delivered on a silver plate.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

Top Dem: Iran's naval seizure 'endangers' nuclear deal

“I think it endangers everything, I really do,” Rep. Eliot Engel, D-N.Y., the panel’s ranking member, told the Washington Examiner.

“I’m outraged, and Iran needs to release these people as soon as possible or else it would be unthinkable or impossible to make further progress with them on anything as far as I am concerned,” he said.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2580269/

Don't they have the right to seize them if the boats entered iranian waters illegally? And near an iranian military base apparently. That being the case don't see how the nuclear deal is affected. Provided the sailors are returned without problems. Looks more like people who don't like the nuclear deal are using anything as an excuse against it.
Activity: 560
It still does not explain why they were inside Iran's territory. If one of the were still working, they would know where they really are! They could stay in free way waters or head towards other side of the Persian gulf!!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
this is a really really bad news, I  hope this resolve quickly!

At least it will be resolved in the US media quickly, so not to embarrass 0bama tonight during his live lying show...

Your post made me laugh because it is so very accurate and exactly what Barry does best.
legendary
Activity: 1176
minds.com/Wilikon

At least it will be resolved in the US media quickly, so not to embarrass 0bama tonight during his live lying show...

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

Top Dem: Iran's naval seizure 'endangers' nuclear deal

“I think it endangers everything, I really do,” Rep. Eliot Engel, D-N.Y., the panel’s ranking member, told the Washington Examiner.

“I’m outraged, and Iran needs to release these people as soon as possible or else it would be unthinkable or impossible to make further progress with them on anything as far as I am concerned,” he said.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2580269/

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
Activity: 574
US military officials say they briefly lost contact with two small Navy craft in the Persian Gulf

Iranian forces seized two US vessels crossing the Persian Gulf it has been claimed, later reassuring American officials that the craft and their crews would be returned unharmed.
The Pentagon has said it briefly lost contact with two small Navy craft in the Persian Gulf on Tuesday but has received assurances from Iran that the crew and vessels will be returned safely and promptly.
Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook tells The Associated Press that the boats were moving between Kuwait and Bahrain when the US lost contact with them.
Cook says, "We have been in contact with Iran and have received assurances that the crew and the vessels will be returned promptly."
A Pentagon spokesman said that the boats were moving between Kuwait and Bahrain when US lost contact with them. Fox News claimed that they strayed into Iranian waters.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/12096275/Iran-holds-two-US-Navy-boats-in-Persian-Gulf.html
Pages:
Jump to: