Pages:
Author

Topic: IRC/Bitcointalk spoof text / impersonator scam report. - page 2. (Read 1593 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
That proves nothing. I am fairly certain that address belongs to blazed. If you somehow misspoke and meant to say that you sent 1.5BTC to 1BLazePhVzW6PsRpj4MEZtGnd1uDEKBmfs then this address has not received any funds in months either.

Why don't you explain how exactly he scammed you.....

Proves nothing how? That is a message from the REAL account.
A screenshot/static webpage can always be edited.

As QS and KWH said, give us a full report on how he scammed you.
copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
That proves nothing. I am fairly certain that address belongs to blazed. If you somehow misspoke and meant to say that you sent 1.5BTC to 1BLazePhVzW6PsRpj4MEZtGnd1uDEKBmfs then this address has not received any funds in months either.

Why don't you explain how exactly he scammed you.....
KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
Do you have any kind of proof of this?

edit:

This is one place where Blazed posted the 34Qoskv8xJrhbGCyzVbVbKnEXQQdY2EZpx address so I don't think his account is hacked as it was posted 6+ months ago. That address is also in his profile.

I also don't see any transaction in the amount of 1.5BTC recently that was sent to that address and the most recent transaction to that address was over two weeks ago.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
A scammer impersonated me and convinced blazedout i was speaking to him as "trader" on IRC.

He then confirmed via forum PM he was "talking" to me via forum while I was talking to a spoofed handle. I didn't notice the spoof as the IRC text appears exactly the same as the real profile, and only could be found out by copy pasting to notepad.

Warning to others: Do not trade without confirmed PGP key signature or otherwise.

IRC handle characters can be SPOOFED so they DO NOT APPEAR as what they actually are.

Copy paste a handle to notepad to be sure.
Pages:
Jump to: