Pages:
Author

Topic: IRS APOLOGIZES FOR TARGETING CONSERVATIVE GROUPS - page 2. (Read 2734 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
SPEAK ENGLISH DAMMIT! Angry

Wink
Damn.  What?  Your area hasn't been taken over yet?  Get with the program.

Smiley
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
SPEAK ENGLISH DAMMIT! Angry

Wink
legendary
I'm by no means a conservative. But This is so wrong. Someone needs to take a big fall for this. Saying that it was not political is just not credible.  Shame on the IRS.
Y aqui que tenemos...

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2013/05/16/irs-allegedly-targeted-latino-run-conservative-group/#ixzz2TSlLopHG

Donde estamos corriendo?
Esto es malo para todos los grupos. Creo que la fiesta del té tiene un reclamo legítimo.
cierto, pero solamente ahora que hablando de eta.....
legendary
I mean, we've got the IRS thing, the AP thing, the Fast and Furious thing, Bengazi. 

What the FUCK???

There's definitely an issue with the IRS thing and the AP thing. And even with the drone thing, the VA thing, the Guantanamo thing, the war in Afghanistan thing, etc. But there's nothing there regarding Fast and Furious and Bengazi. Take a peek outside foxnewsiverse.

The Bengazi thing is not being covered for one simple reason. It would tarnish the next Democrat in line for PotUS... that is Billery.

hillary who???

I think she just another fat ass bitching skank now.
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
I mean, we've got the IRS thing, the AP thing, the Fast and Furious thing, Bengazi. 

What the FUCK???

There's definitely an issue with the IRS thing and the AP thing. And even with the drone thing, the VA thing, the Guantanamo thing, the war in Afghanistan thing, etc. But there's nothing there regarding Fast and Furious and Bengazi. Take a peek outside foxnewsiverse.

The Bengazi thing is not being covered for one simple reason. It would tarnish the next Democrat in line for PotUS... that is Billery.

Activity: 672
Merit: 501
DOH!

Now we find out the person who was in charge at the time of this whole mess is now in charge offf.........

IRS’s ObamaCare office

Wow.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/05/irs-official-in-charge-during-tea-party-targeting-now-runs-health-care-office/
Activity: 575
The North Remembers
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
I'm by no means a conservative. But This is so wrong. Someone needs to take a big fall for this. Saying that it was not political is just not credible.  Shame on the IRS.
Y aqui que tenemos...

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2013/05/16/irs-allegedly-targeted-latino-run-conservative-group/#ixzz2TSlLopHG

Donde estamos corriendo?
Esto es malo para todos los grupos. Creo que la fiesta del té tiene un reclamo legítimo.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

What the FUCK???

legendary
Y aqui que tenemos...

Donde estamos corriendo?
Since this has started back in 2010, I'm going to put on my tinfoil hat and come up with a theory. What does Obama have to gain from targeting Tea Party groups? Answer is almost nothing. On the other hand, establishment Republicans have considered the Tea Party a huge threat from the start. Tea Party does populist politics and astroturfing really well, attracting common Joe Shmoe, but pick really awful, terrible candidates. Most of the Tea Party candidates that won primaries in 2010 were downright fucking nuts, and most of them didn't win, because they only appealed to the loony fringe. Republicans fought them during the primaries, and were always under a threat from the Tea Party of being primaried in otherwise safe "red states," which would divide the vote, and cause the state to turn blue (which actually happened in 2010). So, some high ranking Republican Senators and/or House members secretly instructed the IRS to target Tea Party groups, and make it as hard for them to raise money and participate in politics as possible. As a result, they were able to regain a lot of the seats they lost in the 2012 elections. And if they get caught, they can just blame it on Obama, since it would be "obvious" to everyone that he is the "Scary Black Man™ who is only in office because he cheated, and he is the only one with incentive to attack Tea Party I mean Republicans."

FWIW, Adam Curry agrees with you. But he proudly flies his crackpot flag, so take that how you will.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
legendary
So is this really a "conservative vs less-conservative" issue as some in the thread imply or is the larger issue about waste, fraud and abuse in government generally?  'Cause God knows conservative groups in America are gonna ride this all the way through the next election cycle as if no conservative-run government has ever done the same sorts of things.  Outrage about this specific incident should be more broadly directed otherwise it's just more of the same partisan crap.

Following the wise advice to never fight your enemy when he's engaged in shooting himself in the foot, I don't think any particular work is in order.  Maybe except fixing a big heap of popcorn.  An extra large biggie supply, dripping with real butter and high in salt.  Then it's time to watch the circus.

The problem with useful idiots is of course that they are, well,....

idiots....

What the FUCK???
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
So is this really a "conservative vs less-conservative" issue as some in the thread imply or is the larger issue about waste, fraud and abuse in government generally?  'Cause God knows conservative groups in America are gonna ride this all the way through the next election cycle as if no conservative-run government has ever done the same sorts of things.  Outrage about this specific incident should be more broadly directed otherwise it's just more of the same partisan crap.
The head of the IRS has resigned (aka was fired), even though he likely had nothing to do with this, since he was somewhat newly appointed, and this started years ago. So... there you go.
Blame (for getting caught) has been assigned, back to business as usual.
legendary
The head of the IRS has resigned (aka was fired), even though he likely had nothing to do with this, since he was somewhat newly appointed, and this started years ago. So... there you go.
legendary
I work in government, and if the politics here is any indication of the system as a whole, I can tell you that the bureaucracy is extremely well set up to spread or shift blame. No one is responsible for anything other than their little piece of work, which is dependent on someone else's work. If you screw up, it's always the fault of 10+ other people that either didn't provide you the information in time, or didn't provide the correct information. "It's not my job" is the rule around here. So, with years of practice of shifting and diverting blame for things, I seriously doubt anyone will be finger as having sole responsibility. The most you could get out of a situation like that is someone at the top stepping down for whatever reason, even if they themselves had nothing to do with it either (though you could blame them for having a lack of oversight, as mentioned, it's impossible to see who did what here).
Again, I'd just note that this is currently a criminal investigation.  That says a lot.  That means it's already moved out of the "business as usual" category.

So, who went to jail when IRS targeted Martin Luther King? Or for having them audit Paula Jones under Clinton? Or when they targeted John Birch Society under Kennedy? Or the slew of political opponents under Nixon and a slew of liberal organizations and churches under G W Bush? It's as if this is a new thing.

Since this has started back in 2010, I'm going to put on my tinfoil hat ...
Well, that you did....
Smiley
Activity: 575
The North Remembers
SuperPACS buying elections. They should be looking into them.
legendary
I work in government, and if the politics here is any indication of the system as a whole, I can tell you that the bureaucracy is extremely well set up to spread or shift blame. No one is responsible for anything other than their little piece of work, which is dependent on someone else's work. If you screw up, it's always the fault of 10+ other people that either didn't provide you the information in time, or didn't provide the correct information. "It's not my job" is the rule around here. So, with years of practice of shifting and diverting blame for things, I seriously doubt anyone will be finger as having sole responsibility. The most you could get out of a situation like that is someone at the top stepping down for whatever reason, even if they themselves had nothing to do with it either (though you could blame them for having a lack of oversight, as mentioned, it's impossible to see who did what here).
Again, I'd just note that this is currently a criminal investigation.  That says a lot.  That means it's already moved out of the "business as usual" category.

So, who went to jail when IRS targeted Martin Luther King? Or for having them audit Paula Jones under Clinton? Or when they targeted John Birch Society under Kennedy? Or the slew of political opponents under Nixon and a slew of liberal organizations and churches under G W Bush? It's as if this is a new thing.

Since this has started back in 2010, I'm going to put on my tinfoil hat and come up with a theory. What does Obama have to gain from targeting Tea Party groups? Answer is almost nothing. On the other hand, establishment Republicans have considered the Tea Party a huge threat from the start. Tea Party does populist politics and astroturfing really well, attracting common Joe Shmoe, but pick really awful, terrible candidates. Most of the Tea Party candidates that won primaries in 2010 were downright fucking nuts, and most of them didn't win, because they only appealed to the loony fringe. Republicans fought them during the primaries, and were always under a threat from the Tea Party of being primaried in otherwise safe "red states," which would divide the vote, and cause the state to turn blue (which actually happened in 2010). So, some high ranking Republican Senators and/or House members secretly instructed the IRS to target Tea Party groups, and make it as hard for them to raise money and participate in politics as possible. As a result, they were able to regain a lot of the seats they lost in the 2012 elections. And if they get caught, they can just blame it on Obama, since it would be "obvious" to everyone that he is the "Scary Black Man™ who is only in office because he cheated, and he is the only one with incentive to attack Tea Party I mean Republicans."

I'm sure that's not what happened, because I doubt politicians are smart enough to think up of something like that, but this theory would make much more sense than Obama wanting to target the Republican's third party black sheep himself. Of course, major political parties NEVER screw with politics by attacking their own fringe or supporting the fringe of their opponents. Except that time Democrats attacked the Green party and Republicans ran adds supporting them in every election...
Pages:
Jump to: