Pages:
Author

Topic: Is $120 a day possible with the Bitmain Antminer D3 !? - page 2. (Read 3365 times)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
So the D3 is based on 16nm tech, correct?

I suspect that the D3 might be 28nm given it's relatively LOW efficiency compared to some of the competition.

I'm 100% certain that Bitmain prefers the CERTAINTY of "cash in hand, can turn it around into another batch of chips to sell MORE miners" as opposed to the longer time of return and MAJOR uncertainly of mining with the machines.

The people that got rich out of the California Gold Rush were mostly SUPPLIERS to the miners - Levi Strauss being the most famed....

Very, very, good point. Crypto could crash tomorrow most of us would be fucked and they'd be relatively fine lol

I have been doing mining since 2012.  I am fully paid off for gear and  ahead.  I did not achieve this status until this year.

I have about 20k in paid off gear

zero debt.
some cash.
some coins.

The big bull run in gpu mining did the trick for me this year.

I envy you Phil xD

Naturally I'm hoping for the next huge wave like that, I believe it'll come Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

I suspect that the D3 might be 28nm given it's relatively LOW efficiency compared to some of the competition.

I'm 100% certain that Bitmain prefers the CERTAINTY of "cash in hand, can turn it around into another batch of chips to sell MORE miners" as opposed to the longer time of return and MAJOR uncertainly of mining with the machines.

The people that got rich out of the California Gold Rush were mostly SUPPLIERS to the miners - Levi Strauss being the most famed....

Very, very, good point. Crypto could crash tomorrow most of us would be fucked and they'd be relatively fine lol

I have been doing mining since 2012.  I am fully paid off for gear and  ahead.  I did not achieve this status until this year.

I have about 20k in paid off gear

zero debt.
some cash.
some coins.

The big bull run in gpu mining did the trick for me this year.

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Why doesn't Bitmain put 100% of the D3's they produce to work mining as soon as they come off the line vs. selling them to the public?

Is it because all their mining warehouses are at capacity and they simply can't find/build additional locations to mine with them to keep up with the rate at which they produce them?

I have read the stories about Bitmain "testing" them for weeks/month before selling to the public.  But if they are still producing $100/day at that point, why not just keep mining with them?  Perhaps the Chinese government has some sort of export mandate forcing to sell at least a certain percentage of them?

Ive always assumed it was because they didnt want to risk impacting the value of the currency.   If it looked like Bitmain, or the Chinese in general were getting too close to the magic 51% number it would spook normal traders and the currency they are mining would crash.   Since they trade and sell using those same currencies its in their best interest to keep those currencies reasonably stable.

I could be all wrong, just my guess.    Besides they're making a killing on just the hardware.

YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Hey guys have an update video if anyones interested, watch the miner at this link if you're curious
https://www.nicehash.com/miner/12PsgKuhcJrEqJbD3oMN7rcEcuyqyqRznL

https://youtu.be/-5g2BQ1Yyhc

Activity: 558
Merit: 194
Why doesn't Bitmain put 100% of the D3's they produce to work mining as soon as they come off the line vs. selling them to the public?

Is it because all their mining warehouses are at capacity and they simply can't find/build additional locations to mine with them to keep up with the rate at which they produce them?

I have read the stories about Bitmain "testing" them for weeks/month before selling to the public.  But if they are still producing $100/day at that point, why not just keep mining with them?  Perhaps the Chinese government has some sort of export mandate forcing to sell at least a certain percentage of them?
legendary
I'm seriously considering buying a D3, or 2 Smiley Problem is that whether it takes a month or 2 to get before I can start mining & where the difficulty is at that point. It could triple & you're still making nearly $1000/month but much more than that & I may as well build another GPU rig.

Those who just got their D3s are obviously getting insane ROI, but for those of us a little late to the party who may have to wait for batch 4-5 is it still a good investment/risk?

if you don't have one on order it is a bad risk.

that does not mean you won't make out but the odds are you will lose.

the op jumped in early and should score.

Right but if I were to get one from someone who has it on hand(I'll pay a lot more for that) & say get it within a week or 2 it might not be too bad.. I agree that placing an order now for one in November+ would be a bad investment as we just don't know what the difficulty will be then.

I am kind of kicking myself now as I was watching Bitmain for a S9 when they launch the D3 & had them in stock for $1450 or something. Ugh.

don't do that.  these d3's could be subject to failure.  and no one know if they are.

some other gear will come along.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I'm seriously considering buying a D3, or 2 Smiley Problem is that whether it takes a month or 2 to get before I can start mining & where the difficulty is at that point. It could triple & you're still making nearly $1000/month but much more than that & I may as well build another GPU rig.

Those who just got their D3s are obviously getting insane ROI, but for those of us a little late to the party who may have to wait for batch 4-5 is it still a good investment/risk?

Right but if I were to get one from someone who has it on hand(I'll pay a lot more for that) & say get it within a week or 2 it might not be too bad.. I agree that placing an order now for one in November+ would be a bad investment as we just don't know what the difficulty will be then.

I am kind of kicking myself now as I was watching Bitmain for a S9 when they launch the D3 & had them in stock for $1450 or something. Ugh.
legendary

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

YouTube.com/VoskCoin
That things almost making minimum wage!
lol I told my GF that yesterday too! I was just like what if . . I could freeze time .. .  and I just mine xD

Did you have to do any kung fu to point the D3 or L3+ to prohashing or was it as simple and copy\pasting the url and setting worker names?

PW = a=x11

Just make an account on their site first

cool thanks for the tip, I read about the different things to put in the pw field and got confused. just to confirm, for dash mining, the only characters that need to be in that field are "a=x11" minus the "" obviously, correct? Where did you find this information? I need to look up what the settings are for L3+ too...
Yeah i'm not sure what settings are for the l3+ I used f2pool when I had it I know that cryptocrane uses prohashing or has with his L3+ so he would be a good guy to ask and yes your PW is correct
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
So the D3 is based on 16nm tech, correct?  Is Bitmain likely to release faster units based on newer tech that will also list for ~ $1,450 and start out making ~$100/day if you get in early enough?  Or was the D3 a one time opportunity never to be had again?

Looking at that difficulty chart, is seems like even if they come out with something based on 8nm tech that does 100 Gh/s, it won't start out at $100/day on DASH, even if released early next year.
They'll definitely release something better that's probably double the speed for same or 1.5 to 2x the price question is when? People have been calling for an L4 all year, is that something they kick 2018 off with? Does the china gov halt their advancements for a little to awhile? IDK O_O

I just say buy the latest and greatest miner and pray lol
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Dumb question , but as a newbie ,can this thing be hooked upto nicehash ?!!?
yeah its been hooked up to nicehash here https://www.nicehash.com/miner/12PsgKuhcJrEqJbD3oMN7rcEcuyqyqRznL
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Dumb question , but as a newbie ,can this thing be hooked upto nicehash ?!!?
Activity: 324
Merit: 250
lol I told my GF that yesterday too! I was just like what if . . I could freeze time .. .  and I just mine xD

Did you have to do any kung fu to point the D3 or L3+ to prohashing or was it as simple and copy\pasting the url and setting worker names?

PW = a=x11

cool thanks for the tip, I read about the different things to put in the pw field and got confused. just to confirm, for dash mining, the only characters that need to be in that field are "a=x11" minus the "" obviously, correct? Where did you find this information? I need to look up what the settings are for L3+ too...
Activity: 558
Merit: 194
So the D3 is based on 16nm tech, correct?  Is Bitmain likely to release faster units based on newer tech that will also list for ~ $1,450 and start out making ~$100/day if you get in early enough?  Or was the D3 a one time opportunity never to be had again?

Looking at that difficulty chart, is seems like even if they come out with something based on 8nm tech that does 100 Gh/s, it won't start out at $100/day on DASH, even if released early next year.
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
nice video , mine still on delivery @@ , cant wait , 1 day missing , 1 day missing roi

but i still believe that d3 on november and beyond can make roi , maybe 6-7 months roi
well maybe ,  except there will be a d3+ by december that do 30ghs for the same price
I would've thought that possible but rumors seem to be swirling that bitmain is going to be frozen? temp? by China gov? Can anyone offer some insight on this?

I've been curious about Bitmain's reaction to the crackdown and if they're impacted or not. Where have you been seeing these rumors?

I cant find the article I saw, cryptocurrency pathfinder a viewer on my channel posted this fwiw
YouTube.com/VoskCoin

PW = a=x11

Activity: 56
Merit: 1
nice video , mine still on delivery @@ , cant wait , 1 day missing , 1 day missing roi

but i still believe that d3 on november and beyond can make roi , maybe 6-7 months roi
well maybe ,  except there will be a d3+ by december that do 30ghs for the same price
I would've thought that possible but rumors seem to be swirling that bitmain is going to be frozen? temp? by China gov? Can anyone offer some insight on this?

I've been curious about Bitmain's reaction to the crackdown and if they're impacted or not. Where have you been seeing these rumors?
Pages:
Jump to: