Pages:
Author

Topic: Is a hard fork good or bad? - page 3. (Read 18561 times)

Activity: 387
Merit: 1
January 07, 2019, 02:07:03 AM
Usually hardfork always has a good impact because the purpose is to upgrade the network. Coin which plans to do hardfork, usually will increase significantly, because many people will buy coins that will do hardfork. So it can be concluded that Hardfork has a good impact to the coin.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
CAT.EX Exchange
January 07, 2019, 01:53:24 AM
hardfork is done because there are certain reasons, such as the bitcoin and ethereum hardfork process, the need for coins continues to grow so it must multiply supply with different variations that allow to cover up coin weaknesses, update blockchain technology, security and stability.
Activity: 588
Merit: 10
January 07, 2019, 01:23:32 AM
I have no experience for technology but I see that hard fork has two cases
- Upgrade to improve. Errors will be fixed so it's good.
- Creating an other coin. No one can know exactly, the time will answer.

For both case, the price will go up till hard fork then it will down.
Activity: 434
Merit: 2
January 07, 2019, 01:16:53 AM
Hard fork to me is not bad base on the idea,the idea is to upgrade or improve in the network but it might bring down the price of the particular coin if it gave birth to a new coin.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 101
January 07, 2019, 12:34:03 AM
I think it is good for that coin which is under fork. ETH may be best example of fork. Last year ETH was suffering of price which was under $83 but when fork news come its price going up and now $156 already. So i can not say it is bad.
Activity: 686
Merit: 39
January 07, 2019, 12:25:14 AM
When a coin moves forward to a hard fork is it for good or is it for bad? do you think that its price will rise or fall ? would you invest on a coin that has done hard fork? and what would you do if you own a coin that has announced a hard fork? would  you sell it or not?

In fact, it all depends on what the coin and fork promise. For example, during last year's NXT fork, the expectation was very high and the NXT almost made it x10. But the ETC did not create the expected effect during the hard fork.

You're right. I remember when i loaded up ETC last year due to the upcoming fork but the price didn't rise as expected as the hype was very low unlike the NXT fork. For the upcoming eth's fork, i think it's a significant fork as it will change ethereum from using pow to pos.
Activity: 972
Merit: 255
Bear season or just the beginning
January 07, 2019, 12:21:48 AM
When a coin moves forward to a hard fork is it for good or is it for bad? do you think that its price will rise or fall ? would you invest on a coin that has done hard fork? and what would you do if you own a coin that has announced a hard fork? would  you sell it or not?
for me hard fork is good idea for me because it is the upgrade of the coin or innovation again there are lot of chances that some coin will accelerate more.

like bitcoin when bitcoin cash launch the price of bitcoin rapidly increase.

Forking for upgrades are always are always good and indicates an increase in price. But a fork that can split the team or community because of differences doesn't guarantee an increase of prices. But many people goes excited since there will be free coins if they buy the coin to be forked. But long term there is no guarantee. Look at BCH now.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
January 07, 2019, 12:19:42 AM
The reason for upgrade of a coin is to improve on it and growth and development must be a going concern. Now, as it relate to market reaction of coin upgrade, it depend on the narration and market perspective of such upgrade.
Activity: 580
Merit: 101
January 07, 2019, 12:17:26 AM
Last year many altcoin is launch for hardfork bitcoin or altcoin, almost of altcoin have starting from hardfork have higher and value, but when starting with nxt or ignis altcoin could make many investor have lost much money because their hardfork altcoin do not have higher value, today we will faced with ethereum hardfrok, could be etcv have higher price or just become lower altcoin and never have higher value.
January 07, 2019, 12:16:00 AM
There is a hardfork that reveals this has a positive impact but this requires a process to be able to have a positive impact on the coin, not to happen like the hard disk BCH. Hardfork BTC gives a tremendous impact on all coins and this is very much missed by all crypto lovers.
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
January 07, 2019, 12:08:11 AM
When a coin moves forward to a hard fork is it for good or is it for bad? do you think that its price will rise or fall ? would you invest on a coin that has done hard fork? and what would you do if you own a coin that has announced a hard fork? would  you sell it or not?
for me hard fork is good idea for me because it is the upgrade of the coin or innovation again there are lot of chances that some coin will accelerate more.

like bitcoin when bitcoin cash launch the price of bitcoin rapidly increase.
Activity: 126
Merit: 2
January 07, 2019, 12:03:48 AM
As far as i know,hard fork is meant for upgrade or to improve on the network, base on that I guess is suppose to be a good one but at times things might not go as planned, if things ho as expected then it is a good one but we have to wait and see what will become the outcome of this much waited ethereum hard fork,I hope it will be a good one.
Activity: 665
Merit: 107
January 07, 2019, 12:03:34 AM

I think a hardfork is not really good. It's like diluting a stock by issuing more shares. Normally a fork, brings down the value of both coins.
Activity: 910
Merit: 103
January 06, 2019, 11:50:31 PM
I'm sure that most of the hard fork is good for project to fix important security risks found in older versions and add new functionality, it's hard to said that price will up or down after hard fork happen, I won't sell it if project announcement their hard fork plan, Why? Because I'm lazy doing the trading action  Roll Eyes
Activity: 816
Merit: 133
January 06, 2019, 11:22:43 PM
Well there are always 2 sides in this type of event, the pros and cons. Literally the pros of this is that a coin would eventually gather enough foundation to pull its rates up, however, the con is that it is not clear whether the fork will clearly be success or not. Though, Hard fork would definitely brings good news (I hope), not unless these forks news became a FUD which contributes to downfall of the other.
January 06, 2019, 10:42:58 PM
for the sake of improvement of networks becoming increasingly good then hardfork is required and will give a nice impact. But if for money then this will depend on how to utilize the right time to get in and get results. hardfork typically provide increased and it is often utilized to get results fast.
Activity: 126
THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL
January 06, 2019, 08:20:50 PM
Hard Fork  is  good because the problems being faced by the coin should be redressed at all costs so that it can  become compatible and compete with other coins flawlessly .
Activity: 378
January 06, 2019, 07:43:09 PM
If anyone will be participating in any hard fork, it will be good for the person to do adequate research, but some scammers use the opportunity to get some people phished. With time, we will get to know more.
Activity: 322
https://www.udap.io/ - Tokenize Everything
January 06, 2019, 07:21:10 PM
Maybe hardfork is more on something good and fixing it. If we talk about Hardfork ethereum, which according to the news will occur in the middle of this month, I think this time will bring quite good news. We can see the ethereum condition for a few days. But you can and may also assume another.

I agree with you. Forks are a positive thing.  Let's remember forks and the interest they have  generated. All people love free coins and are engaged in trading of those coins reinforcing the market
Activity: 658
Merit: 5
January 06, 2019, 06:04:16 PM

Either a hardfork is good or not actually depends on the token
For the coming etherum hard fork, it is an agreeable communal upgrade in other to improve the etherum Blockchain
Reduction in charges or fees too and other upgrades
Pages:
Jump to: