Pages:
Author

Topic: Is a real estate crash/dip due? - page 3. (Read 443 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 2196
Signature Space For Rent
May 10, 2020, 12:54:06 PM
All we know the reason of this crash. Worldwide global economy has been crashing and real estate isn't out of global economies. Since lots of peoples lost their real life job and other businesses crashed as well so people have lack of hand cash. So usually they wouldn't interested to invest on real estate business. Most likely when global epidemic will end then real estate business would start recover slowly. But we can't expect sudden recover on that field. The world need time to recover these crisis, at least probably need a year to become normal situation IMO. Before that we have to wait to overcome from epidemic and we don't know exactly when it would happen.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
May 10, 2020, 12:05:11 PM
^ Let me express my own opinion about this. It probably crashes but the predictions of when will not be precise because during this crisis a lot of changes are happening even the least that we expect got affected especially on the global economy. Real estate will not be exempted from it for investors may prioritize other important things after the pandemic that may cause a bad affect on them. However, probably after recovering from the crisis then that will be the time people will go back into real estate and their market may start to recover as well. Nevertheless, this might only be my presumption everything are always subject to change depending on how people will deal with them.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
May 09, 2020, 05:05:31 AM
This is one of those weird things where etfs seem to have dropped 60% initially and recovered a bit while actual housing hasn't. A lot of the current market is a bit unsustainable since current rent in most places in the UK is double the monthly cost of a 26-30 year mortgage (though I accept the landlord has other bills and they're taking a risk with their investment somewhat)...

With a lot of jobs being cut in many countries, we may see a slump in prices but I don't know if demand is still going to be there or not still (because housing was already unplayable for a lot of people so a lot of it is propped up by investments anyway here).

So do you think a crash is coming and would you predict when it would be? Last time it was 18 months (back in 2006) afaik.

There's been some fearmongering about the collapse of Airbnb rentals, which has been a quickly growing mortgage-backed sector: Experts Say Struggling Airbnb Hosts May Be Forced to Sell Their Properties

Austin Hankwitz, a Nashville native and financial analyst, believes that the outbreak has caused a housing bubble effect for Airbnb, which could potentially give millennials and younger homebuyers an opportunity to purchase a home at an affordable price sooner than they thought.

Probably too small of a sector to singlehandedly cause a crash though.

I would set my sights a couple years out. With the last US housing bubble, prices peaked in Q1 2007 and bottomed out in Q1 2009, and later went back near the lows in late 2011. It takes a while for economic shocks like this to truly sink in.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
May 08, 2020, 06:56:58 PM
This is one of those weird things where etfs seem to have dropped 60% initially and recovered a bit while actual housing hasn't. A lot of the current market is a bit unsustainable since current rent in most places in the UK is double the monthly cost of a 26-30 year mortgage (though I accept the landlord has other bills and they're taking a risk with their investment somewhat)...

With a lot of jobs being cut in many countries, we may see a slump in prices but I don't know if demand is still going to be there or not still (because housing was already unplayable for a lot of people so a lot of it is propped up by investments anyway here).

So do you think a crash is coming and would you predict when it would be? Last time it was 18 months (back in 2006) afaik.
Pages:
Jump to: