Pages:
Author

Topic: Is anybody using OWNR wallet? - page 2. (Read 427 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
February 21, 2020, 05:54:06 AM
You can take a look at their announcement thread and see what users think of the wallet there. It is located here > https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ownr-wallet-buy-exchange-and-store-crypto-order-visa-prepaid-card-5145162
I glanced through it quickly. There doesn't seem to be any reports of scams, users not being able to access their funds or being locked out of their wallets. But as you highlighted yourself, it is not an open source wallet and I am personally have no use for it.   
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
February 21, 2020, 05:14:01 AM
I'm pretty sure Bitfinex wouldn't make a partnership with an illegitimate business but I also don't see the point of using this wallet, especially when you have wallets like Exodus and Coinomi that offers even more features and also support more coins.

-snip-
Yes, i know that a cold wallet can be more secure although i prefer hot ones.

The security and safety of your funds should always be your top priority, you might regret this in the future.
Activity: 109
Merit: 1
February 21, 2020, 04:08:42 AM
What do you think about it? I like non-custodial solutions with every basic option but i have some concerns about the codebase. This wallet is not open source. I know that no one likes to share their backend code but this can be a good option for transparency, you know. Is it safe to use with big amount of money? (Im not a whale, hah.) Yes, i know that a cold wallet can be more secure although i prefer hot ones.
Pages:
Jump to: