Pages:
Author

Topic: Is anyone actually turning a profit with BURST mining? - page 3. (Read 22758 times)

Activity: 558
Merit: 500
Mining of this coin is beneficial only to holders of servers with hundreds of terabytes.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
So I have to allocate loads of storage for mining, but not for the burst coins themselves correct?

I could easily plug up 2TB's into my computer for but unless this has promise to grow in value it doesn't seem like its worth setting up
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Most that are mining BURST already have a bunch of drives sitting and doing nothing. And with the amount of electricity it uses its pretty much free money for some.

more like free peanuts, if you don't have the hdd already it's not worth it, too much of an investment for few cent

Unless it's a hobby i gonna buy about 8 to 10 TB worth or doing it but it is a hobby for me and burst looks like a lot fun to learn and i can all ways use those HDD for other things ..
Activity: 662
Merit: 500
I´m curious how much you´re getting per 1TB... seems to me that the calculators are not very accurate or something might be wrong with my setup / pool?

Looks like I´m mining around 150 BURST in 24h using 6.5TB... regarding http://burstcoin.biz/calculator it should be more .. 421 for now..
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
Most that are mining BURST already have a bunch of drives sitting and doing nothing. And with the amount of electricity it uses its pretty much free money for some.

more like free peanuts, if you don't have the hdd already it's not worth it, too much of an investment for few cent
Activity: 435
Price very low, so not profit when minning with BRUST.
Activity: 279
I love Burst, its an amazing project with a great GUI wallet and some really cool ideas,
but I'm wondering if anyone out there is actually MAKING money by mining this coin, or if its purely for speculation that the price will go up?
(Price is currently 63 satoshi on Poloniex as I write this.)

Even with the decreasing cost of hard drive storage, you need many Terrabytes of space to get any results.
Hoping someone with a large setup can post their cost of equipment, the amount of coins they are getting, and their expected ROI.

I don't have a big rig (12 TB), but I'm mining, strategically buying quite a bit....and I'm holding.  I see big things coming from BURST, seems like a missed opportunity just to dump on an exchange.  The HDD mining is very cool though.

I know that doesn't answer you question, but just my view.  
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

Activity: 434
I love Burst, its an amazing project with a great GUI wallet and some really cool ideas,
but I'm wondering if anyone out there is actually MAKING money by mining this coin, or if its purely for speculation that the price will go up?
(Price is currently 63 satoshi on Poloniex as I write this.)

Even with the decreasing cost of hard drive storage, you need many Terrabytes of space to get any results.
Hoping someone with a large setup can post their cost of equipment, the amount of coins they are getting, and their expected ROI.
Pages:
Jump to: