Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin a currency or asset? - page 25. (Read 12775 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
January 04, 2018, 09:15:29 AM
at the moment I can only use it as an asset...when the fees for transactions will settled, then I can say that bitcoin can be a currency for me
Activity: 181
Merit: 0
January 04, 2018, 08:46:24 AM
Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink
Bitcoin is already consider as a currency because of the reason that many of the contries using  bitcoi as thier life supportand or just simple called as the money that used to buy food and anything they want for. Many country recognized the value of bitcoin and it can also used in physical needed and wants. Bitcoin can also be an asset when you are able to grow that money from money to form more money. That what the reason that it was consider to be an asset but its just an optional.
Activity: 618
Merit: 250
January 04, 2018, 08:44:33 AM
In my opinion, bitcoin can be a currency because you can buy something with bitcoin and can also be an asset because bitcoin is an asset for the future at a price that will always rise and profitable.
Currency means can buy in store and convenient to use but bitcoin it cannot use maybe if you exchange it in fiat. While asset means something that is owned by a person. So for me it is both currency and asset but in different ways of using bitcoin.
Activity: 119
Merit: 14
Kawa
January 04, 2018, 08:44:23 AM
If you buy flat, house,car or something expensive BTC is a perfect currency, but for the simple daily purchases the commissions leave much to be desired.
Now it's more an investment asset than currency.
But I think soon situation will change, there are many promising projects for faster,cheaper and easier transactions.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Power the World for FREE
January 04, 2018, 08:39:23 AM
I personally feel that bitcoin can only be an asset, not a currency, because the currency won't be so volatile.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
January 04, 2018, 08:32:07 AM
Though in the future it can become a mainstream currency, at present due to the market price of bitcoin being volatile, it is a speculative asset. Also, having a blockchain of 10 minutes its transaction speed is very slow. Along with this, the transaction fees of bitcoin is very high. As long as these issues are not sought out and bitcoin gains some stability in the coming years, it will only be a good option as an investment but not as a currency.
Activity: 10
January 04, 2018, 08:26:12 AM
Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink

Its both
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
January 04, 2018, 08:23:56 AM
In my opinion, bitcoin can be a currency because you can buy something with bitcoin and can also be an asset because bitcoin is an asset for the future at a price that will always rise and profitable.
Activity: 21
January 04, 2018, 08:21:57 AM
For me, it is a currency that can be an asset, because you can use it until you think it's time to dispose it, until it is on it's highest peak.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
January 04, 2018, 08:18:10 AM
in our country it was temporary proclaim that bitcoin is intangeable asset and they are looking and investigating some way to protect the the investor's ownership over it.
Activity: 210
Merit: 102
January 04, 2018, 08:13:29 AM
The answers to this question is bitcoins can be asset and currency, actually depending on the users of bitcoins what will be done with bitcoins, although the main purpose of bitcoins is currency doesn't mean it is must. Because Bitcoin is based on the community they are free to consider bitcoins as an asset or currency, that is uniqueness of bitcoins everyone can be free to participate giving their opinions about the bitcoins.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 568
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
January 04, 2018, 08:06:25 AM
Bitcoin is both used as a currency as well as an asset which increases in value as time passes by due to increased number of bitcoin user's. As the price of bitcoins increases it attracts more and more user's to the bitcoin network which helps in increasing the demand of the bitcoin network and naturally leads to   increase in the value of bitcoins. Bitcoin network is a decentralized network so there is no need for third party involvement in sending and receiving bitcoins all over the world.
For me they both currency and asset. Currency because it can use it to buy something stuff when you exchange it in fiat money. And asset because you can have profit from it through investing in your bitcoin.
Activity: 120
Riding Whales to the Moon!
January 04, 2018, 07:53:21 AM
good question. I think its actually both. an asset is something you invest in which makes you more money overtime like an investment, building etc. i think an investment in currency is also an asset which makes you money overtime. so maybe not a direct asset because no one pays you for it BUT it will make you money over time so an indirect asset? lets the forum be the judge hehe
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
January 04, 2018, 07:35:58 AM
I think bitcoin can be both, can be a currency and also an asset because bitcoin is our valuable asset for the future and can also be used as a currency to make payments, of course for those who receive bitcoin as payment or we can exchange it into an official currency
Activity: 28
January 04, 2018, 07:32:11 AM
For me, bitcoin performs both functions, as a means of payment and also as an asset class. Diversification of my portfolio with other assets also helps.
Activity: 714
Merit: 117
January 04, 2018, 07:26:04 AM
I'm sorry for those who dream about Bitcoin being a currency, but it really is just only an asset now, which is used as a store of value and for sheer speculative purposes. Even only for the very high fees, it cannot be used as a currency right now.
Activity: 336
January 04, 2018, 07:23:29 AM
Yak bitcoin absolutely was currency, but if you have lot lot bitcoin you can call it an assets
Assets that you can sell it if you have to need cash immedietly
Activity: 16
January 04, 2018, 07:17:35 AM
Bitcoin's main form is virtual currency and being a currency means that it is a current asset. Simply saying, bitcoin is a currency and an asset.
The problem would be when people only see bitcoin as an asset and not as a currency because that would make bitcoin not serving its true purpose.
Activity: 47
December 31, 2017, 05:08:55 AM
bitcoin is more appropriately called investment assets in digital form or called digital assets. Himself said, until whenever the use of bitcoin is not to replace the currency recognized as a payment system in Indonesia. "I prefer to call it an investment item, a digital asset. I disagree (bitcoin) as a currency, "said Oscar.

He considered, if bitcoin serve as a means of payment will make users difficult to transact. He further agrees when bitcoin is seen as a gold investment in digital form. "If considered as the first currency ribet, the two transactions are also not easy yes. I want to pay must convince them first to accept, "he said.

Fore Oscar hope, so that the regulator can attend to protect and supervise the circulation and transaction from this bitcoin user. He admitted to be obeying every rule that will be declared by the regulator.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
December 31, 2017, 05:02:54 AM
definently an asset. It's the perfect store of value. The fundamentals in bitcoin is like nothing we have seen before.
currency? not really. it's too volatile, and too high fees to use as a currency.
Pages:
Jump to: