Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin a good way to invest your money ? - page 76. (Read 16804 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
September 06, 2017, 11:49:20 AM
Savings in banks Deposits in banks Property investments, such as buying property (land and buildings) are then leased or resold after some time later. Gold investment, such as buying gold and then stored for the long term. May be useful in the long run. and produce a decent and satisfactory. or farming to buy sawan and gardening and planting fruits and vegetables is a very good investment. Although a little vulnerable to failure but it could not hurt to try.

I’m not positive what you mean by this, but I think you’re talking about comparing other investments— such as savings accounts, property, gold, etc.—to bitcoin, correct?

I think bitcoin is not nearly as risky an investment as it was a few years ago.  Cryptocurrencies have established themselves well enough now that I don’t think they’re all going to go poof, as many initially feared they would.  But that doesn’t mean there aren’t substantial risks.  These are the current ones I see for bitcoin:

* Governments make it illegal to own/trade it.  This risk is smaller than it used to be, but it’s still somewhat substantial.  If one of the major players, like China, banned it, price could tumble quite a bit.
* Other currencies take its place.  There are a lot of other coins that have advantages over bitcoin, including possibly bitcoin cash.
* People stop buying it over the short/medium term.  We’ve had quite the run-up this year, which means that a lot of people are expecting it to go higher.  A significant crash (e.g., 50%+) could shake confidence enough that it takes a long time for price to come back to where it is now.

My advice is to start with small investments on the price dips and average in over time.  It feels great to think about it hitting $25k+, but balance that with how you would feel if it drops to $1000.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
September 06, 2017, 11:23:13 AM
Savings in banks Deposits in banks Property investments, such as buying property (land and buildings) are then leased or resold after some time later. Gold investment, such as buying gold and then stored for the long term. May be useful in the long run. and produce a decent and satisfactory. or farming to buy sawan and gardening and planting fruits and vegetables is a very good investment. Although a little vulnerable to failure but it could not hurt to try.
Pages:
Jump to: