Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin a "private" currency? - page 2. (Read 2436 times)

copper member
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
December 16, 2018, 12:24:58 PM
Yes Bitcoin is a private currency. Due to this some countries do not like Bitcoin. But due to the negative currency, the number of people connecting with Bitcoin is increasing every day.
copper member
Activity: 280
December 16, 2018, 12:13:29 PM
I agree with you. That bitcoin is a private currency. That's why Bitcoin is getting so popular. Which has become the famous currency of Bitcoin Crypto Market.
Activity: 353
Merit: 12
December 16, 2018, 10:38:47 AM

I think it is wrong to call bitcoin a "private" currency.

On the contrary, imo bitcoin is much more of a public currency that any national currency is.

Bitcoin is absolutely 100%  a public currency based on their mission and vision statement here in virtual digital system provided by Google and You tube. But now  Bitcoin will  experienced  a bad situation and they will trying to fix it and solve the current problem about the low price.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
December 16, 2018, 10:30:51 AM
what do you mean about private currency? i think bitcoin is the digital currency. bitcoin is not a private currency because it can be sue for all people that have the access to their own wallet.
Activity: 10
December 16, 2018, 08:33:12 AM
No I do not think so it's a private currency because bitcoin is known by everyone.
 so it is a not private currency.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
September 12, 2018, 10:19:45 AM
There is some country allowed bitcoin for his country but most of the country not grunted it.So it is clear that that country allowed bitcoin for this country it is a government currency and beside that country not allowed bitcoin but people use it personally there its called private currency.There are many country in the last few month banned bitcoin for his country.

yes I agree with your opinion.
Bitcoin Is Not Public in Transaction, the name of the sender and recipient or seller and buyer cannot be tracked by another person.
so I believe that Bitcoin is private.
Yes, that bitcoin will indeed keep the personal information we have and that is the advantage that bitcoin has. What I'm worried about now is that bitcoin is widely used for illegal actions. Bitcoin should be able to get regulation so the government has a rule to maintain the stability of the security of the use of bitcoin.
Activity: 56
September 12, 2018, 10:15:45 AM
There is some country allowed bitcoin for his country but most of the country not grunted it.So it is clear that that country allowed bitcoin for this country it is a government currency and beside that country not allowed bitcoin but people use it personally there its called private currency.There are many country in the last few month banned bitcoin for his country.

yes I agree with your opinion.
Bitcoin Is Not Public in Transaction, the name of the sender and recipient or seller and buyer cannot be tracked by another person.
so I believe that Bitcoin is private.
Activity: 490
September 12, 2018, 09:12:48 AM
it's true that bitcoin is like a personal currency, because bitcoin is not circulated by a country that authorizes the community.
bitcoin can be said to be a private currency because many people use bitcoin safely and also monitor by the money holder itself, very safe and managed by the owner of the money itself.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
September 12, 2018, 08:16:50 AM
Bitcoin is a public blockchain with open source. And it is fully supported by enthusiasts. It can not be private. This is out of the question. But, the fact that states have an impact on the bitcoin price, as well as on all other currencies is a fact.
Activity: 252
September 12, 2018, 07:27:38 AM
In fact, more than 80% of bitcoins are in the minority of the number of bitcoin holders. And those same holders can manipulate the market, so new investors with a find and want to invest in bitcoin because it can lose a huge pile of money on it.
Activity: 67
September 12, 2018, 03:53:22 AM
It is private because you don't need  KYC type ID to set up a wallet. However, with the right tools and knowledge it is traceable. You'd need something like monero or privcy if you want a private coin.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 269
September 11, 2018, 01:22:31 AM
I think "independent" is more apt. We know that there is no central authority that governs bitcoin nor it is a corporation.

Since bitcoin operates on an independent manner free from traditional governing controls and works without any intermediaries such as a bank, its independence is quite notable.

But if to be asked whether private or public, i think it is more of a private currency since public has the common notion of belonging to the government.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
September 11, 2018, 01:07:25 AM
I do not think private, all your transactions are tracked correctly on Blockchain! There are many ways to find your information! The best way is to use the law!
If not, you should choose and use another Crypto.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 934
September 11, 2018, 01:01:49 AM
This topic is from 2011

Just saying.....

And last visit from op was in 2014. Replies doesn't affect him now but people need need to raise post count so comments are keep coming lol
Activity: 1134
Merit: 502
September 11, 2018, 12:54:33 AM

On the contrary, imo bitcoin is much more of a public currency that any national currency is.

Never heard that Bitcoin was private but instead i heard it is anonymous. Anonymous in a way that you wont be able to know the identity of the receiver or the sender of Bitcoin because transaction doesnt include name or any personal information of the sender or receiver of Bitcoin.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
September 11, 2018, 12:52:00 AM
It's the true definition of a public currency.
 Anyone can run and use Bitcoin unlike public stuff owned by most governments. It's trustless, uncensorable, transparent and immutablity.

PayPal is more of a private payment system for the dollar. So called Cryptocurrency like ripple and maybe stellar can be classified as private currencies.

Activity: 266
Merit: 10
September 10, 2018, 11:00:38 PM
bitcoin is only private in terms of not showing the identity of the owner of the address and some crypto enthusiasts saw this as a problem since someone could still see your total asset of cryptocurrrrencies. This was one of the major reasons why masternodes came into place to ensure absolute privacy and anonymity.
Activity: 332
September 10, 2018, 10:43:32 PM

Bitcoin is not a private currency but using of bitcoin is private for sure. Since its anonymous we can send or receive the a lot of money without giving any data or identity. Bitcoin is a public currency even AtMs are build in some countries many hostel schools are accepting it there's no chance of calling bitcoins as a private currency. Maybe you're calling it private because they're not exist physically but its internet currency and everyone is welcome to use it

bitcoin can also be called private currency because if we have invested in the world of bitcoin we can get a lot of benefits that we can use as we please. so it's the same as personal money.
Activity: 70
Merit: 4
September 10, 2018, 12:43:28 PM
In some countries, bitcoin is recognized as currency, others are not. Bitcoin is everywhere, it's completely public, just you have not really learned about it. Bitcoin is not for anyone, it can cross borders. If you really want to own it, no one can stop you. Because of that, bitcoin is not a private money.
Activity: 281
September 10, 2018, 12:41:50 PM
Bitcoin is not private currency no anyone owner of bitcoin it is not completely decentralized currency. It is a public currency use anywhere in the world at any time without any distburance.
Pages:
Jump to: