Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin a Safe Haven for Your Money? - page 3. (Read 1556 times)

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
January 31, 2020, 12:19:05 PM
There is no one safe haven for your money. If you want to be a successful investor, diversification is important so that you can survive all economic conditions. Most billionaires have a plethora of investments in their portfolios including businesses, stocks, real estate, art, oil, precious metals, and crypto.
Agree, bitcoin has been identified as a place to invest money and when we become an investor, there is no safe place when we bet on something, Bitcoin is even more dangerous than other investment places, when we invest in stocks and real estate, we will at least have clear sources of information and artifacts. While investing in bitcoin is only a virtual currency and is not monitored by the government, information can be leaked and corrected, fraud can occur, the only benefit is a profit beyond imagination

Somehow I believe these.
If anyone is under control of your money like it is in an account or something, the safety isn't guaranteed. Looking outside crypto, even those who had invested in banks probably aren't even safe. The security admin in it has the absolute control of the data stored in the establishment, and that's why they're really highly paid.

bitcoin is dcentralized and there are also decentralized wallets   .

youll  choose those so that you can assure that you have a full controll in your coins and your accounts security  .  but bieng online is not safe  .  you better secure your coins on a offline decentralized wallet or hardware wallet . i still dont know if you can still hacked but the only threat is how you handle your harware wallet because there are natural accidents where your wallet can be in dangered  .
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
January 31, 2020, 08:46:40 AM
Well it actually depends upon the fact when are you investing and how much are you investing if you are investing a lot at the wrong time then I would strongly suggest against it because most of the times the Bitcoins , they go down really easy and people have to either encash at a lower point or either wait for a long long time .
If you are comfortable with waiting then ofcourse you can do it whenever you want but if it goes against your financial situations then you should understand and study about the market and then Make a right decision.
Activity: 868
Merit: 16
January 31, 2020, 08:23:40 AM
Bitcoin has many more advantages if we compare it to FIAT money. Bitcoin's value is increasing with time, it has blockchain (decentralized databases around the world) backed by algorithms via computers, and not just politicians like FIAT money! Bitcoin has transparency, FIAT money it doesn't have it!
You are right for this, but you should have be carefull also when you have bitcoin. I don't say bitcoin is not safe heaven, but you need to look arround espcially your government regulation. Bitcoin price could be fall in price if all government in around the world try to ban it and your will gone. It would be possible if bitcoin price back to zero value if all government do that but I'm not expected it. But in this situation where there are many countries who still accept bitcoin I'm sure bitcoin is really deserve to say as a good investment place. But I still doubt to say that bitcoin is safe heaven place because there many consideration to say it.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 135
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 31, 2020, 08:07:58 AM
When you find your wallet is safe, then it is true that bitcoin is a safe haven for your money. A simple hack can cause entire money to be stolen or transferred. To this people used to have separate wallets for long term holding and separate wallets for regular usages. Very few could've never been caught in the hands of scammers and traps, so even if something has happened we need to learn how to secure further. As things gets advanced, so is the security.

Crypto currency is one or the most secured platform because no one control or owned this and also it has a good security because all of the transaction happens are encrypted and this is good for having a secured investment and wallet. One of the common thing why does the people say that the crypto is not secured because of the hackers, but still, only professional hackers can do that sometimes the mistake why does the wallet being hack is our fault too like browsing into the unsecured website and using third party application to our device by this the hackers can steal our information and trace our ip address that may cause of hacking. Always be conscious about the security of our devices even the wallet is secured.
Activity: 279
Merit: 11
January 31, 2020, 07:10:47 AM
There is no one safe haven for your money. If you want to be a successful investor, diversification is important so that you can survive all economic conditions. Most billionaires have a plethora of investments in their portfolios including businesses, stocks, real estate, art, oil, precious metals, and crypto.
Agree, bitcoin has been identified as a place to invest money and when we become an investor, there is no safe place when we bet on something, Bitcoin is even more dangerous than other investment places, when we invest in stocks and real estate, we will at least have clear sources of information and artifacts. While investing in bitcoin is only a virtual currency and is not monitored by the government, information can be leaked and corrected, fraud can occur, the only benefit is a profit beyond imagination
Activity: 2898
Merit: 639
January 31, 2020, 06:58:55 AM
Judging from the price movement I would say that it is quite good, I will give it about 50% to 60% safe? Roll Eyes
But, it is not everyone that will be able to have that level of patience, there are people that gave up along the line and especially now that Bitcoin price is high some people wouldn’t like to be taking that risk.

Everything has been going fine since the last decade, but what about the next? Do you even know if it’s still going to be the same? If you can invest and have that level of patience of waiting for a really long time, then it’s good and if you’re lucky there might be a bull run within a short after you have invested and the price would go up.
Activity: 652
Merit: 257
January 28, 2020, 11:31:22 PM
Activity: 1050
Merit: 286
January 28, 2020, 08:16:05 PM
Bitcoin investments may either go bad or wrong and it really depends. Not only about bitcoin, each and every crypto currency investment could go very good with good profit while in other hand, there's a risk investing into them.
Yes, because Crypto prices are volatile, it is very risky if we invest with Crypto, especially with Bitcoin because the price of Bitcoin always changes with a short time, But you can also get multiple profits in just a short time. That is Investment in the world of Crypto. Full of risk but also full of profit.
Bitcoin is indeed a really good investment and it is a safe haven for your money. But as you have said, it is still depending on the situation but that situation may be a bad season only for bitcoin because since the prices are volatile, meaning it is changing as time passes by, there are times that the price is pumping but there are times also that the price are dumping. There are investments that are long term in which you are depositing your money into a particular project and the time of earning is not too fast for you because you need to wait for a particular season in which that project must have high volume in the market and especially it has a big value in the market.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
January 28, 2020, 05:40:07 AM
This is a no-brainer. Any investment can be a safe haven only during the time of its hype and the craze surrounding it. After everyone shifts their attention into something else, the status of the said investment being a safe haven expires, and the value of it will soon crumble and fall. The article does not describe the intricacies of what a safe haven should be, and alluded only to the thought that bitcoin is the best place to put your money at, period.

Would be lovely to see an unbiased article for once, highlighting the cons and not the pros because the internet has already had enough of that.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 267
Earn bitcoins every hour, link below at signature.
January 27, 2020, 09:26:28 PM
Bitcoin has many more advantages if we compare it to FIAT money. Bitcoin's value is increasing with time, it has blockchain (decentralized databases around the world) backed by algorithms via computers, and not just politicians like FIAT money! Bitcoin has transparency, FIAT money it doesn't have it!
Activity: 1232
Merit: 186
January 27, 2020, 07:48:49 PM
Double clickbait  Roll Eyes. It is better to be more focused, OP explains the important points of the article and video, so that we can more easily carry out discussions and if there are things that need to be understood then include the link. That's more polite I think.
I also could not take the main points of the article and had to open the video for more detailed information. But it seems that I can understand the meaning a bit, so I'm just saying that Bitcoin is a high risk, so nothing is really safe, we have to be prepared to face all risks, theft, hacking, fraud, etc.
Thanks for saving my time dude Grin. Actually I'm about to open the link already but I suddenly decide to see the last few comments first. But you what, I agree to you. Crypto can never be a safe haven for money savers out there because this market is so volatile. Who would try to save money on such thing? No one of course! Investing to crypto is a risky game, it's either you gain or you lose. If you just want to make your money retain its value then go to the conventional way — the piggy bank; or you can make a savings account Smiley.
Activity: 910
Merit: 261
January 24, 2020, 07:52:41 PM
Bitcoin is really a safe haven asset for me because since i first started to invest my money in bitcoin in just an amount of $100, it started to grow and double it's price. Unlike keeping all of money in banks it will only just give a low interest rate that i will not get a huge amount of money from it.
Activity: 896
Merit: 108
January 27, 2020, 06:59:33 PM
Double clickbait  Roll Eyes. It is better to be more focused, OP explains the important points of the article and video, so that we can more easily carry out discussions and if there are things that need to be understood then include the link. That's more polite I think.
I also could not take the main points of the article and had to open the video for more detailed information. But it seems that I can understand the meaning a bit, so I'm just saying that Bitcoin is a high risk, so nothing is really safe, we have to be prepared to face all risks, theft, hacking, fraud, etc.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 277
January 27, 2020, 02:46:13 PM
Why not keep half gold coins and half bitcoin? No matter the direction of the market bear or bull you can adapt to the situation and turn a profit. It is better keeping gold then fiat since fiat depreciates in value over time and gold does the opposite. If you keep gold coins you can sell small amounts of gold for fiat when you need fiat. Otherwise, if bitcoin is doing particularly well you can do the opposite.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
January 25, 2020, 12:11:25 PM
for me its a YES,safe heaven for my "Extra" money not the totality ,this is how i treat Bitcoin investing mate,putting all my extra money and let the others for my family and besides all my investments here are also for their future. i am just preparing their assets in the adoption of crypto currency in the whole world.
of course bitcoin is not an investment asset that provides security to put all the money we have on it. because bitcoin has a very fluctuating character and cannot guarantee to always be beneficial to its users. therefore, as much as possible before we can put the money we have into bitcoin, at least we must know all the risks that will be faced later
all the investments place needs assessments and study first before putting Money lol,because if you invests without learning everything inside then you are just wasting your money.
Activity: 37
Merit: 2
January 24, 2020, 01:02:55 PM
It's definately not a safe haven considering all the risks and volatility, but you can mitigate those risks by getting more compenent and taking proper safety measures
Activity: 1442
Merit: 153
January 25, 2020, 10:24:57 AM
So far its a safe haven for money. Of course we cannot deny to get worried or not confident about it but I guess its all about taking risks. We must be wise to how much we keep for it and well its really a trend nowadays. There are no assurance to safety but we just trust the process. Monitoring and constant checking is helpful to keep us updated of the possible outcomes.
As traders are in a constant fear of losing their assets, so in a traditional way investing in a safe haven is one that offer less risk, in other way in which price constantly rises. Surely at the present time, Bitcoin is a safe haven as its price is increasing. Beside that it offers you an assured safety, but it is the safest and secure form of currency. The risk factor in this market is not unique, risk is involved in every type of business.
There will always be a risks when money is involved and since crypto is a digital money, it is riskier because scammers are everywhere. Market is unpredictable but if you study every information and learn how to invest or buy safely you can really earn but it still depends on the project and on the market's condition. It may be a long term profit but it is worth it if you risk your money in a good and planned way. Bitcoin is really a safe haven for your money because bitcoin is a good investment that you can earn with your knowledge to be used. Years have passed and still there are people who really believes on what they are doing is really worth it in the future. Do not lose hope and keep on supporting and making money with cryptocurrency. Patience is the answer to your everyday question why market is still not rising up.
Activity: 882
Merit: 268
January 25, 2020, 10:13:06 AM
Safe haven is anything that can save your money in tough market situations. For fiat that can be hyperinflation. Bitcoin is itself a really volatile currency. If you had invested in 2017, then 2018 and 2019 price figures didn't increase the value of your money. But had you invested in 2018, then 2019 and 2020 returns would have made sense. So, not an even returns. I won't call Bitcoin a safe haven if it isn't for very long term investment. It is more of a trading asset good for short term gains.

the best part is that bitcoin does not face any policy pressure to continue to grow, and fluctuations can still be monitored comfortably. The most important thing is how bitcoin outperforms fiat in this matter. Speaking of safe haven, the priority is to remain for the long term, so bitcoin is the best alternative as a digital asset that can be accessed anywhere without having to engage with institutions and the interests of the country's economic sovereignty.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 507
January 25, 2020, 09:30:27 AM
Safe haven is anything that can save your money in tough market situations. For fiat that can be hyperinflation. Bitcoin is itself a really volatile currency. If you had invested in 2017, then 2018 and 2019 price figures didn't increase the value of your money. But had you invested in 2018, then 2019 and 2020 returns would have made sense. So, not an even returns. I won't call Bitcoin a safe haven if it isn't for very long term investment. It is more of a trading asset good for short term gains.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1040
Catalog Websites
January 25, 2020, 09:25:36 AM
Btcoin has demonstrated to be a store of value and it is definitely a safe haven for any fiat. If there is any bad news like war, what big institution rely on is to convert their capital into Bitcoin which makes it act like a safe haven
I disagree with this.

Many knows that Bitcoin is very volatile and is more volatile than the stock market. There are no investments that is considered "Safe Haven" since all of them have risk. It will depend on the investor if how  much money he can risk in his investments. There are no safe haven investments so to answer your question "Is Bitcoin a Safe Haven". My answer is no. Bitcoin can give you huge profits in the short run compare to other investments like stocks and bonds but at the same time, it can give you huge losses too if the price of Bitcoin goes down very hard or your positioning is bad.
Pages:
Jump to: