Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin finally legal in US? - page 2. (Read 347 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
December 27, 2019, 05:54:49 PM
It's never been illegal.

There were many events keep on happening in US justice department about bitcoin.

That's probably not going to end. They will keep going after Bitcoin exchanges and services who they believe are violating US laws.

In some places I have seen news US Fed wants to introduce new bill for legalization of bitcoin transactions.

That's not necessary since Bitcoin transactions are legal. The Fed also doesn't really participate in the legislative process.

They are looking into issuing their own digital currency, though.
Activity: 2100
Merit: 618
December 27, 2019, 03:59:32 PM
There were many events keep on happening in US justice department about bitcoin.
In some county its accepted for paying water bills and taxes.
In some places I have seen news US Fed wants to introduce new bill for legalization of bitcoin transactions.
Every country wants to introduce new bills for bitcoin transactions but none of them have been successful so far. Talking about legality in US I think Bitcoin isn't illegal in US. As per the stats available around the web U.S. Treasury Classified Bitcoin as decentralized virtual currency way back in 2013 and after that settled it as commodity in 2015. But after it has been incorporated with the FinCen the U.S. Judge in a very popular case quoted Bitcoin as

Bitcoins are funds within the plain meaning of that term

This means US recognize bitcoins as fund and there are no violations involved if you use it. But yes there isn't any full fledged bill upon this so far. 
Activity: 31
Merit: 1
December 27, 2019, 02:35:11 PM
In some county its accepted for paying water bills and taxes.
Pages:
Jump to: