Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin Forbidden In Islam? Why? - page 8. (Read 1534 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
December 11, 2017, 08:04:45 AM
Excuse my ignorance on the topic but you say short selling is harm, however, I don't think you mentioned what short selling is. I am not familiar with the term. Could you please explain.

Assalamualaikum.
I want to know about my investment with bitcoin.i don't know how to describe my investment etheir it binary or what.
I give example.
I invest 0.005bitcoin.the company have 2package with is
1) 147% profit for 6week, daily profit 4.5%
2) 180% profit for 9week, daily profit 8%.

My question is...It's Halal or Haram?

Waleikum Assalaam wa Rahmatulahi wa Barikahtu Sabrina.

Thank you for your post. In regards to saying whether this scheme is halal or haram, the truth is, I do not know. You say that this website says that in 6 weeks you will have a 147% profit. The question you have to ask is, "HOW are you making the profit?" "WHERE is this profit coming from?" "WHAT METHOD is being used to make the profit?" Once you have an answer to these questions then you can figure out if it is halal or haram.

Insha'Allah within the next 2 weeks I will release the final part of the 4-part "Is Bitcoin Halal Series" and we will talk about investing insha'Allah.

Take care and Salaam

salam alaykum how are you brother? i wanted to find out if bitcoin is halal, 1 of my relatives traded with it,.. im not sure if its the same but its you put a certain amount of money and after a month that money doubles.. is it halal? buying money with money..please explain to me.. JazakaAllah

Allah bless you

Waleikum Assalaam wa Rahmatulahi wa Barikahtu,

I truly cannot say if what your relative did is permissible or not according to the sharia because there is not enough information provided. I do not know what he was trading or how it was traded so I cannot say. In regards to if Bitcoin is halal, Please see the following blog post - http://www.islamandbitcoin....

May Allah guide us all akhi, Ameen.
JazakAllah kheir for the support.
Salaam

Assalaam Alaik,

Jazak Allah Khair.. I'm enriched. I had been following this series right from the first post.
Even though you didn't explicitly stated that bitcoin is Halal, I think since at least it is not Haram,
can we regard it then as permissible. Like Al-Mubah?

Thanks a lot.

JazakAllah kheir for the support. I would say that at this time it does seem that Bitcoin falls into the category of mubah, which is commonly referred to as neutral. However, even with that being said, when using Bitcoin you do have to pay attention to the laws of the land where you live. If it is illegal in one's country, then the scholars will tell them it is not permissible to use but if it is legal where they live then they would say to proceed with caution.

Salaam

Thanks for the reply.. I'm eagerly waiting for the remaining series.

Alhumdulilah... I should be releasing the 3rd blog post on Bitcoin mining soon isna'Allah.

Be well akhi.
Salaam
December 11, 2017, 08:04:07 AM
Excuse my ignorance on the topic but you say short selling is harm, however, I don't think you mentioned what short selling is. I am not familiar with the term. Could you please explain.

Assalamualaikum.
I want to know about my investment with bitcoin.i don't know how to describe my investment etheir it binary or what.
I give example.

Thank you for your post. In regards to saying whether this scheme is halal or haram, the truth is, I do not know. You say that this website says that in 6 weeks you will have a 147% profit. The question you have to ask is, "HOW are you making the profit?" "WHERE is this profit coming from?" "WHAT METHOD is being used to make the profit?" Once you have an answer to these questions then you can figure out if it is halal or haram.

Insha'Allah within the next 2 weeks I will release the final part of the 4-part "Is Bitcoin Halal Series" and we will talk about investing insha'Allah.

Take care and Salaam

salam alaykum how are you brother? i wanted to find out if bitcoin is halal, 1 of my relatives traded with it,.. im not sure if its the same but its you put a certain amount of money and after a month that money doubles.. is it halal? buying money with money..please explain to me.. JazakaAllah

Allah bless you

I truly cannot say if what your relative did is permissible or not according to the sharia because there is not enough information provided. I do not know what he was trading or how it was traded so I cannot say. In regards to if Bitcoin is halal, Please see the following blog post - http://www.islamandbitcoin....

Salaam

Assalaam Alaik,

Jazak Allah Khair.. I'm enriched. I had been following this series right from the first post.
Even though you didn't explicitly stated that bitcoin is Halal, I think since at least it is not Haram,

Thanks a lot.

JazakAllah kheir for the support. I would say that at this time it does seem that Bitcoin falls into the category of mubah, which is commonly referred to as neutral. However, even with that being said, when using Bitcoin you do have to pay attention to the laws of the land where you live. If it is illegal in one's country, then the scholars will tell them it is not permissible to use but if it is legal where they live then they would say to proceed with caution.

Salaam

Thanks for the reply.. I'm eagerly waiting for the remaining series.
December 11, 2017, 08:03:38 AM

Assalamualaikum.
I give example.

Take care and Salaam

Allah bless you

Salaam

Assalaam Alaik,

Thanks a lot.

Salaam
Activity: 28
December 11, 2017, 08:03:03 AM

Assalamualaikum.
I give example.

Take care and Salaam

Allah bless you

Salaam

Assalaam Alaik,

Thanks a lot.
December 11, 2017, 08:02:39 AM

Assalamualaikum.
I give example.

Take care and Salaam

Allah bless you

Salaam
December 11, 2017, 08:01:58 AM

Assalamualaikum.
I give example.

Take care and Salaam

Allah bless you
December 11, 2017, 08:01:25 AM

Assalamualaikum.
I give example.

Take care and Salaam
December 11, 2017, 08:00:54 AM

Assalamualaikum.
I give example.

December 11, 2017, 07:59:41 AM
Activity: 630
Merit: 263
December 10, 2017, 06:08:48 AM
I never heard of this one that bitcoins are forbidden to transact in Islam. I don't see any wrong about using it but maybe Muslims might know how it's being a forbidden one or if it's just only a bluff but if ever it is really forbidden then why I see some Muslim Bitcoin enthusiast in the forum and in bitcoin community. But I don't think this statement is likely to be true.
It seems to me that bitcoin is now more common in countries with high growth, but low income among the population. Islamic countries are very specific. Those who live in poor areas do not have access to the Internet and they have no access to banking services. Those who live in affluent areas are of little interest to low income from bitcoin. To each his own.
Activity: 728
Merit: 265
December 10, 2017, 12:11:58 AM
I never heard of this one that bitcoins are forbidden to transact in Islam. I don't see any wrong about using it but maybe Muslims might know how it's being a forbidden one or if it's just only a bluff but if ever it is really forbidden then why I see some Muslim Bitcoin enthusiast in the forum and in bitcoin community. But I don't think this statement is likely to be true.
Activity: 36
December 09, 2017, 09:09:29 AM
One could even go as far as saying how Bitcoin is more halal under the laws of Islam than paper currency will ever be.
Activity: 222
Merit: 100
December 09, 2017, 05:46:05 AM
Assalamualaikum my brother. Bitcon haram in islam? Nop. Bitcoin is halal depends by people who use it for. bitcoin is like a gold. the true haram is conventional bank they use interest and you know that. it prohibited in islam.
but i found this video on youtube explain about haram or halal is bitcoin here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHSomztOLbQ
Activity: 222
Merit: 100
December 09, 2017, 12:55:48 AM
very interesting topic of bitcoin, honestly i want to hear about the answer of this question, meanwhile i have my own opinion for this question, bitcoin is not haram if we used it as an asset or a goods ( a digital asset ) its mean bitcoin is same as gold and it is not haram if muslim trading bitcoin for any fiat money.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
December 09, 2017, 12:25:57 AM
Can the Muslims please just figure this out on their own, without bringing the problem to this forum (at least not in this section)?  Religion and finance just don't mix well, and if you bring up religion in a thread, it's going to get knocked off track faster than you can strap a bomb around your waist and blow up the local pet shop. 

There's no logic in this because of the fundamental and enormous leap-of-faith that religion requires in the first place.  You start with something that doesn't make sense, and then you start arguing about whether bitcoin fits into its moral structure.  So yeah.  Take this subject to the politics & other stuff section of the forum and see what it gets you.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
December 08, 2017, 11:45:51 PM
Assalamualaikum my brother. Bitcon haram in islam? Nop. Bitcoin is halal depends by people who use it for. bitcoin is like a gold. the true haram is conventional bank they use interest and you know that. it prohibited in islam.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
Black Panther
December 08, 2017, 11:29:05 PM
I can't find the religion aspect whenever it can be called as halal or not but AFAIK bitcoin is not make people's suffer or loss.
Bitcoin is new currency but in different shape so it's difficult for me to relate bitcoin with religion.

My intention is not to offend anyone but how does cryptocurrency gonna do anything about religion. I’m a catholic at birth but I do respect Islamic brothers. This has nothing to do with it and criminal activity is been in decades that is presence in our world ever since before bitcoin exist.
Activity: 644
Merit: 261
December 08, 2017, 10:01:05 PM

This decision comes after the best religious body in Turkey likewise expressed that Bitcoins were contradictory with Islam in light of the fact that the estimation of them is 'available to theory' and can be utilized as a part of 'illicit activiies'.

A great deal of this is a direct result of the Bitcoin action on darknet commercial centers, where they trust that clients are utilizing the cash in return for medications and weapons, which has raised various diverse doubts about the virtual cash.

If the reason why they forbid bitcoin is because of "illicit activities" then why only focus in bitcoin when in fact, all payment options available can be use in criminal activities because once someone decides to do something illegal, he will use all possible means just to complete the transaction. Some of the Arab Countries even consider regulating the cryptocurrency like Iran. Check the link for the news about it.

https://news.bitcoin.com/iranian-government-bitcoin-use/
Activity: 364
Merit: 130
December 08, 2017, 04:56:54 PM
as far as I know only lending/borrowing money for interest is strictly forbidden in Islam
bitcoin is not falling into that area,since you do not,technically,get interest using it
maybe some of the preachers or islamic theologists consider it haram
but Coran says nothing about cryptocurrencies or money surrogates

exactly, Islam forbids the interest on loans that they call 'Riba', and also prohibits gambling. But Islam allows buying and selling, wherein bitcoin, people only buy and sell transactions, so it is not prohibited. Unless people use bitcoin for actions that are prohibited by Islamic rules. And by the way, Islam doesn't only include Turki only, so if an Islamic country issues such a statement, doesn't mean all of Islam is involved.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
December 08, 2017, 05:14:21 AM
Bitcoin existed while the Islamic laws were being written, is it?  Shocked
I wonder if Satoshi Nakamoto is actually a time traversing chalice of malice, appearing and disappearing in the vast threads of time  Tongue
Of course the laws were written much earlier than bitcoin code. I do not know how those rules exactly sounds so it is hard to me to make a decision why Koran is against of crypto currencies. This talks began from news from Turkey, the imam said that bitcoin is out of the religion. But if it is going to be admitted so by all Muslim countries, what are going to do those Muslim people who already invest big money in bitcoin and crypto?
Pages:
Jump to: