Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin halal? - page 6. (Read 993 times)

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
January 22, 2021, 02:07:23 PM
In Shariah, there is no valid reason to accept Bitcoin or other Cryptocurrencies as a currency. It is just an imaginary number, which is generated through a complex mathematical process. It is purchased for Gambling or Speculations, and used in illegal or unlawful transactions”.

You should have posted the source for this.
I'll be doing this for you: https://aims.education/is-bitcoin-halal-or-bitcoin-haram/
It's an older news, and back then more were telling that Bitcoin is haram.
But their logic is flawed, they clearly don't understand Bitcoin and were misled by how media was presenting Bitcoin, hence I expect that this view is bound to change over time.

As in quite a number of dilemmas related to religion, this too depends a lot by who are you asking (and it doesn't matter how big authority he is) and when (people's understanding usually evolves in time).
Activity: 1358
Merit: 850
January 22, 2021, 01:58:11 PM
You are taking risk when you are investing in BTC; what's the wrong or arguement there? Did anyone say it's not Halal? If they do, what about stock? That certainly can't be Haram.

It is purchased for Gambling or Speculations, and used in illegal or unlawful transactions”.
Have you ever been forced by anyone to buy bitcoin and gamble with that? Well, I can use BTC to buy a tshirt; I can use fiat as well to buy a tshirt. Did it make any sense to you?
Activity: 1078
Merit: 15
January 22, 2021, 01:52:05 PM
In my opinion, your topic is the area of syara, which is about certain religious laws. I will not be able to say halal or haram, because this is not my area that we legally control based on religion. and your questions must be answered by religious leaders. whereas here we are not.

so for legal matters in religion, I'd better keep it. and I'm ready to listen carefully.
Activity: 14
Merit: 5
January 22, 2021, 01:44:18 PM
In Shariah, there is no valid reason to accept Bitcoin or other Cryptocurrencies as a currency. It is just an imaginary number, which is generated through a complex mathematical process. It is purchased for Gambling or Speculations, and used in illegal or unlawful transactions”.
Activity: 700
Merit: 182
January 22, 2021, 01:17:18 PM
With Muslims making up a quarter of the world's population, a clear consensus on the Islamic view of Bitcoin has global implications.

In brief
  • The use of Bitcoin under Islamic law has been a topic of discussion in recent years, as many Muslims worry that Bitcoin investments may be haram.
  • According to recent scholarly interpretations, most general uses for Bitcoin are considered to be permitted in Islam.
  • However, gambling, lending, and some kinds of trading with cryptocurrency are almost certainly forbidden.

Whether or not Bitcoin is halal has been a point of contention for many Muslims, as well as several Islamic banks and financial authorities in recent years.

This has left many Muslims worried about investing in cryptocurrencies—particularly during times of extreme growth—since they couldn't be sure whether the appreciation of their investment would be considered haram (forbidden) or halal (permissible) under Islamic law.

With around 1.9 billion Muslims in the world, equivalent to almost a quarter of the world's population, a clear consensus on the Islamic view of Bitcoin could be a major boon for adoption.

Bitcoin is (mostly) halal, say scholars

According to Islamic Law, there are a number of criteria that individuals must adhere to, in order to ensure their investment or other income is considered halal. For one, income obtained through unethical or exploitative means such as bribery, extortion, and profiteering is considered haram. It would be challenging to argue that simply using Bitcoin as a standard payment method would violate this tenet.

As of yet, there are still no clear official guidelines on whether Muslims should or shouldn't invest in Bitcoin. This task would fall on the legislators that codified the religious precepts of Islam, but such an undertaking has yet to be completed. Despite this, a number of Islamic scholars have offered their interpretation of the Islamic Canonical Law and how it applies to Bitcoin.

For more detailed information about this topic visit below the link source

https://decrypt.co/37286/is-bitcoin-halal
Pages:
Jump to: