Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin investors more focus than altcoin investors? - page 10. (Read 1798 times)

legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
In a way, it's less about the difference between Bitcoin and altcoin "investors" and more about the difference between people who are invested for the right reasons and those who are merely speculating.  

There aren't that many altcoins which will genuinely disrupt the more traditional industries or improve the world in any meaningful way for the average person.  Most altcoins exist primarily as speculative assets, so it stands to reason that "investors" (read: speculators) would have a shorter attention span.  Once the hype has died down, it's time to cash in and move on to the next shiny collection of buzzwords and gimmicks and pump that one instead.  The motivation there is greed.

Bitcoin fulfills an actual purpose.  Some people invest not just with their money, but with their belief and aspirations.  They invest their time and understanding, which are often far more valuable.  They invest in it for the ethos and not just the potential profits.  They recognise that freedom and privacy are important qualities that need to be preserved in a world that appears to be undermining them.  The motivation is a little more wholesome and genuine.  Definitely something to stick around for.  
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Hi, I'm a crypto developer doing dapps and blockchain-related software products.
I have found some interesting difference between bitcoin investors and altcoin investors.
It seems like bitcoin holders(like you guys) are more focus when discussing news and crypto-related issues.
Altcoin holders are more...how do I put this....more impatient and cannot focus on any subject for more than 3 days.
What do you think of this phenomenon?
Pages:
Jump to: